***OFFICIAL Game Thread: UF vs. Michigan***

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well one thing is for sure, there is plenty of embarrassment to go around in this years bowl games. We have lots of company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We were runner up SEC and should have played in Sugar bowl

Kind of glad they didn't or it would have been a bigger embarrassment. I will say this blowout affected me the least of any blowout loss that I can remember. Kind of thought it might be coming.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Well that was embarrassing. I'd like to believe that better QB and OL talent and experience will make a big difference as Mac rebuilds. muschamp's stains aren't gonna come out in the wash on the first try. Give Mac some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mac's leaving some serious stains of his own. The FAU game, first ever FSU loss without scoring a FG or TD, and worst bowl game blowout in Gator FB history come to mind.

Mac is the one who came in and said his offense is so good he could win with his dog at QB, so he brings a lot of criticism on himself. Of course we have to give him time and it would be a disaster for the program to have to fire him in his first 4 years, but some of the shine is coming off. Hopefully he can get it back next season.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
This talk of crucifying Mac and his staff after this season is maddening. I love the Gators, but man our fan club sucks sometimes.

I think the coaching is suspect and deserves criticism.
  1. How many of us said he should have went with Grier earlier? He took forever to make a selection.
  2. Special teams have been a disaster all year. Hardin was a lot of the problem but coaching and preparation was poor. Take the fake by LSU, did nobody study Miles' tendencies? All of us were screaming fake!
  3. Lack of any adjustment on offense. Even the announcers in yesterday's game used the same old line that you don't change things because of personnel. Mac is implementing his scheme. Screw that, win the damm game. You have spring and summer to implement you scheme.
  4. Giving the seniors and NFL bound juniors off and letting the younger guys get more reps. Maybe they did not need the practice, but that de-emphasizes the game. One fear is that the younger guys remember that when they are seniors.
  5. And is there anyone on this board that is truly impressed with Collins' defense? I wasn't yesterday.
  6. And I frankly can't stand his press conferences anymore. First thing he said yesterday was how proud he was of the team. Horrible defensive play, dropped balls, Treon's interception, poorly executed fakes, etc. One great trick play but other than that, not much to be "proud" of.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I think it is important to note that he didn't just give seniors off but draft eligible juniors as well.

That stink permeated throughout the rest of the team.

Sorry but Mac impressed early then wilted later on.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
The problem with LB play is we dont have but two real linebackers and Morrison has been way solid. How can you not recruit LB. a couple DL injuries really exposed the LB and many of the DB developed bad tendencies to cheat up. Add in no pass rush and no faith in the offense and here is what younhave. Can anyone name the on and off the field leaders on the team? I think Mac is working hard to break the selfishness but the over entitled players checked out ready to go. I have to believe Mac is anything but warm and fuzzy away from the cameras. Will take a while to change the culture, but it is overdue. Intersting article on Belichech on the Patriots site and how this type of demanding coach might not ever be seen again due to players twitter feeds, entitlement and non stop psuedo media. Think a lot of that applies to college ball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.