Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Missouri***

Buddhakahuna

Sep 26, 2022
Buncha grown assed men who had us losing by 2+ TDs now bitching about how we lost by 2 with a backup QB, no LBs, a third string OL, Err’body 18-19 years old, in the final minute while simultaneously calling for more carries by a yes, crazily talented RB, but who absolutely fukkin whiffs on pass blocking and who steps out of bounds in the final two minutes with a lead for the second time this season.

:facepalm:
These young Gators played hard to the end with a lot of backups in key positions. In every loss is a chance to grow a desire through commitment to not want to experience that again. Keep bringing in talent and develop with sound coaching is key. Act as one

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We need an OC.
Those consecutive run plays to the short side and then a run to the right on 3rd and 12 was too conservative. He knew he had a field goal in his pocket.
This is what disappoints me the most.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Glad I didn’t stay up for the second half. Guess I’ll delete the recording. Good times in Gator Nation continue. :deadnanner:
It was a good game until we got to find goal range. Should have been going for the td.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Glad I didn’t stay up for the second half. Guess I’ll delete the recording. Good times in Gator Nation continue. :deadnanner:
Didn't stay up? Tell us MJM, what's it like having been alive for nearly 100 years?

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
You celebrate on 3rd down and have no killer instinct or commitment to winning. In their defense, the players don’t know anything else. They’re completely used to being a .500 team. And the coaches simply can’t get anything else out of them. That’s basically our current story.

Wrong. Our coaches are used to being ,500 and our players can't get anything out of THEM.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't stay up? Tell us MJM, what's it like having been alive for nearly 100 years?
I just won’t waste my time on it any longer. Casually watched most of the 1st half but turned it off and went to bed. I honestly don’t know why anyone that doesn’t have a kid on the team would continue to tune in and watch. It’s beyond embarrassing at this point.
And we get another year of it!
Yay GIF by YoungerTV

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just won’t waste my time on it any longer. Casually watched most of the 1st half but turned it off and went to bed. I honestly don’t know why anyone that doesn’t have a kid on the team would continue to tune in and watch. It’s beyond embarrassing at this point.
And we get another year of it!
Yay GIF by YoungerTV
This isn't helping me think you aren't nearing 100 years old :lol:

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
When you look around the country....Washington is elite with a coach who hasn't been there that long....Oregon is very good with a 2nd year coach, Louisville is top 10 and in the ACC title game in that coach's 1st year, Saban and Kirby became elite in their 2nd seasons, Heupel has Tennessee back in the top 20 in a short time, Brian Kelly has LSU in the top 20 in year 2, etc.....then there's us
Truth!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think overall you'd have to grade last night as an outperform considering the opponent and it being in the road and it involving a secondary that probably ranks last in the SEC if not the solar system. What a letdown to have the team fight that hard only to have inconsistency sabotage the effort. That's young Napier and his young Gators. You can count on them to underperform when they should outperform and to outperform when they should underperform.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
This is what disappoints me the most.
This is what I would call a lack of killer instinct. When you play to hope to win. Especially knowing you have a kicker on the other sideline that kicked a 61 yard FG. Then ETN running out of bounds. That’s coaching or lack of coaching not understanding the situation. Leaving all that extra time on the clock.

ted

Aug 24, 2019
I think overall you'd have to grade last night as an outperform considering the opponent and it being in the road and it involving a secondary that probably ranks last in the SEC if not the universe. What a letdown to have the team fight that hard only to have inconsistency sabotage the effort. That's young Napier and his young Gators. They underperform when you expect them to outperform, they outperform when you expect them to underperform.
Our D is atrocious, no doubt. At what point, true freshman/redshirt freshman whatever, does it kick in that it is fourth and 17…cover the best receiver on their team and tackle him at 16 and half yards. I know that it is fun to make fun of the staff of 150 coaches/analysts but I hope that the players understand the game well enough to, regardless of defensive play call, tackle someone 16 yards downfield and win the game. Our offense has scored 30 or more 4 out of the last 5 games and has one win to show for it. The defensive coaches and players are horrible right now. I know that it is not popular to hold accountable/blame players, but where are the instincts that have been learned from 10 plus years of playing the game at a high level. Going into the offseason it has become crystal clear that BN needs to address the D as much as changes on Offense. This sucks balls.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Our D is maybe the least of my concerns going into next year. As Snell pointed out in the interview, you've got a lot of young players struggling to find their way and it's not uncommon for some of them to hit a wall.

It's Napier that concerns me. He's not going to improve his game management to the extent his young players are.

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
Down a QB and 3 starting OL so I will agree we fought hard. The guys kept coming back. But sooner or later we have to clean it up. This was a W and it got away.
Just like Arkansas...I'm fed up with this sh!t Show, didn't watch due to my heart condition...sad season...

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Buncha grown assed men who had us losing by 2+ TDs now bitching about how we lost by 2 with a backup QB, no LBs, a third string OL, Err’body 18-19 years old, in the final minute while simultaneously calling for more carries by a yes, crazily talented RB, but who absolutely fukkin whiffs on pass blocking and who steps out of bounds in the final two minutes with a lead for the second time this season.

:facepalm:

IMG_9058.png

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Did you see the post game chat? Did not sound like a winning coach. He was relaxed and comfortable. Turns out we had some guys in the locker room hurting. Napier, no. Good talk though, something like what you would expect from a camp director.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Our D is atrocious, no doubt. At what point, true freshman/redshirt freshman whatever, does it kick in that it is fourth and 17…cover the best receiver on their team and tackle him at 16 and half yards. I know that it is fun to make fun of the staff of 150 coaches/analysts but I hope that the players understand the game well enough to, regardless of defensive play call, tackle someone 16 yards downfield and win the game. Our offense has scored 30 or more 4 out of the last 5 games and has one win to show for it. The defensive coaches and players are horrible right now. I know that it is not popular to hold accountable/blame players, but where are the instincts that have been learned from 10 plus years of playing the game at a high level. Going into the offseason it has become crystal clear that BN needs to address the D as much as changes on Offense. This sucks balls.
Has to be on the staff. Our secondary cannot be that bad.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The last time I can remember losing a gut wrenching game, moments after giving up a 4th and 17 was 2003 against Rix and the noles. I’ll say the same thing I said then. All the other factors are irrelevant. Fumble calls in ‘03, injuries/youth last night. The simple reality is the QB is 5-7 yards from the los, and they need 17. Bring the house on a LB or S blitz and take your chances that you get burned, because your blitzers should be at the QB well before the WRs are at the line to gain. A little simplistic, sure, and there are check downs that could burn you. But even then you have 10+ yards to get them down before it’s been surrendered. Either way, the QB is throwing under duress and earlier than he’d like. Mathematically you have to play those odds and we didn’t. We went the complete opposite of SMDMM and were terrified in our approach. Sadly, in both cases we had a very likable head coach that players loved but appeared in over his head. Zook made it roughly 7 more games from that point and really never recovered. We’ll see if Napier follows suit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.