***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Ole Miss***

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Curious about how this will flow. I’m skeptical that our OL will improve by simply being older, with no spring and limited summer work. Interested to see if Grimes and Copeland step up, how Davis runs. And I’ll be watching Dexter closely when he’s in the game.

This year is a lousy one to try and implement a new system, scheme, etc. so we should have a decided advantage in team speed from a mental/assignment standpoint. I look for Kiffin to try a number of trick plays to test our safeties. Durkin is an excellent coach, I’m glad he’s got a job, but again they really haven’t had time to implement their system.

I expect Ole Miss will put up an energetic and gimmicky fight in the first half, but our experience and talent will win out. Not sure we cover but I’ll say yes: 34-20.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I think this first game will show the how the coaches adapted to a difficult off season, also the dedication of the players to the program having to mostly work out on their own this year. Ole Miss would be a confused weak team without COVID, 34- 14 GATORS

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kiffin isn't known for being a disciplined person, so it's hard to imagine him coaching a disciplined team, especially one that had no spring practice and had to do off season training on their own. They may make a few plays here and there, but they'll likely make a lot of mistakes that we'll capitalize on.

On a side note, when I typed this out, my phone autocorrected Kiffin to Muffin. Pretty accurate autocorrect considering his depression filled weight gain, but I assumed anyone reading this would be confused.

Avenger48c

No Longer Cautiously Optimistic
Lifetime Member
Aug 24, 2019
I'm not as confident as I should be going into this game. Mullen's Gator teams have started out sloppy each of the last two seasons, which is a lot of why we've looked so rough against UK. Add on the significant cut to practices, and it seems like a recipe for a team that's not nearly as good on the field in early games as they should be. If the pattern holds, I think we win, but it's the kind of ugly, messy win we saw against Miami last year. Next week vs USCe will look similar, but we should be broadly up to speed by TX A&M.

I hope I'm wrong and we pummel Ole Miss, but I don't have high expectations this week.

31-28 Gators

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’ll be shocked if any college team comes out and doesn’t look sloppy the first game. Just win...I’m not even gonna waste time caring about anything other than that this year...just win

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I'm not as confident as I should be going into this game. Mullen's Gator teams have started out sloppy each of the last two seasons, which is a lot of why we've looked so rough against UK. Add on the significant cut to practices, and it seems like a recipe for a team that's not nearly as good on the field in early games as they should be. If the pattern holds, I think we win, but it's the kind of ugly, messy win we saw against Miami last year. Next week vs USCe will look similar, but we should be broadly up to speed by TX A&M.

I hope I'm wrong and we pummel Ole Miss, but I don't have high expectations this week.

31-28 Gators

Oh heck no! If we let these Rebels, Bears, Sharks, whatever, score 28 on us, Grantham should be run out of town.

Oh, wait...

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We will see if I'm wrong, but I don't believe the Trask hype that others do. I think 4 senior WR's really helped him out. He was awful under pressure and his ball placement was off on a lot of passes. But hey if I'm wrong I'm good with it, but nah I'm not seeing it.
Trask reads defenses well, and gets the ball out quick. He pretty much had to with our weak O line. We are fortunate to have him, and I look forward to seeing him progress and develop with more experience. I am also happy to have EJ and AR15 behind him, as we finally have a quality starter and depth at the QB position. Now let’s hope the offensive line takes a step forward this year.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Curious about how this will flow. I’m skeptical that our OL will improve by simply being older, with no spring and limited summer work. Interested to see if Grimes and Copeland step up, how Davis runs. And I’ll be watching Dexter closely when he’s in the game.

This year is a lousy one to try and implement a new system, scheme, etc. so we should have a decided advantage in team speed from a mental/assignment standpoint. I look for Kiffin to try a number of trick plays to test our safeties. Durkin is an excellent coach, I’m glad he’s got a job, but again they really haven’t had time to implement their system.

I expect Ole Miss will put up an energetic and gimmicky fight in the first half, but our experience and talent will win out. Not sure we cover but I’ll say yes: 34-20.

Being able to force our will in the run game is the main thing I want to see today. Ole Miss is supposed to be pretty weak at DT. Last year except for a few real long runs our run game was pretty bad.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
No moon, cambell and stewart. Who else not playing today.

2 minute warning!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I’ll be shocked if any college team comes out and doesn’t look sloppy the first game. Just win...I’m not even gonna waste time caring about anything other than that this year...just win

I agree. But we need to set a bit of a tone here today. There are no true warm-ups, so we need to win and win with confidence so that we carry it over to next week. This is a schedule that we could win all the games in front of us. But just as easily, we could stumble early and find ourselves at or around .500 by year's end. Today could determine a lot about our season. Enjoy the game ladies and gents. Go Gators.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.