• USC by 10 or more

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Lingard is good. I don't want to lose him. He has one year left, I think.
He was on the list of players walking for senior day today. Should have his degree and will likely transfer to a lesser program where he can play his last year. I wish him well. I like his game as little of it as we saw. I think he has a nose for the end zone and seems to be a solid one-cut runner that might do well in a inside or outside zone run heavy offense.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I attended this game, which is the first game I've attended in some time. It was a great one to get to though, the team looked great for the most part. Offense seemed to just play it safe after we built the big lead, which was disappointing. Defense played great, maybe Cox was a huge cancer for this team. I couldn't believe we fell for the fake punt, Billy's end of half game management still seems to suck. Loved seeing Spurrier introducing the former players. AR was more aggressive running in the game and it made difference, he's still misses plenty of completions. The ETN run was awesome, but I wish Watson would've score on that strip, the Swamp would've exploded if that would've happened. This team looks like it's seeing the improvement that we wanted to see for awhile now. Take care of Vandy next week, then we have a huge game in Tally, with a Semi team that's looking really good presently. AR just seems to play better on the road, glad these last 2 are on the road. GO GATORS!!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Lingard is good. I don't want to lose him. He has one year left, I think.

I like Lingard also, and thought this would be his breakout year. But unfortunately he’s behind two guys, both younger than him. I’d be happy to see him stay another year, but I don’t see his role increasing here.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

That’s kind of a bs stat. I hated seeing us leave points on the field on two of the three possessions, and we definitely had some miscues. But those three post-turnover possessions started at like the 30. If we had scored on each of those possessions, we probably still would not have broken 100 yards for the quarter just based on field position.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I attended this game, which is the first game I've attended in some time. It was a great one to get to though, the team looked great for the most part. Offense seemed to just play it safe after we built the big lead, which was disappointing. Defense played great, maybe Cox was a huge cancer for this team. I couldn't believe we fell for the fake punt, Billy's end of half game management still seems to suck. Loved seeing Spurrier introducing the former players. AR was more aggressive running in the game and it made difference, he's still misses plenty of completions. The ETN run was awesome, but I wish Watson would've score on that strip, the Swamp would've exploded if that would've happened. This team looks like it's seeing the improvement that we wanted to see for awhile now. Take care of Vandy next week, then we have a huge game in Tally, with a Semi team that's looking really good presently. AR just seems to play better on the road, glad these last 2 are on the road. GO GATORS!!
really good against who? They haven't played squat this year. They caught LSU when it was still finding itself, they lost to two good teams, lost to an overrated wake, and beat bad ACC teams. If we play like we played today they dont have a chance

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That’s kind of a bs stat. I hated seeing us leave points on the field on two of the three possessions, and we definitely had some miscues. But those three post-turnover possessions started at like the 30. If we had scored on each of those possessions, we probably still would not have broken 100 yards for the quarter just based on field position.
Statistics are mean.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Last week was our most impressive win of the season (on the road vs a talented, if young A&M team that had often played tough vs tough opponents)...

...until today.

This was the type of dominant, start to finish game that we haven't seen all season. Not even last week was like this.

Started with a drive for 7; then defense held; then 14-0...and we were off to the races. South Carolina didn't even have positive yardage until we were up a few scores.

Rushing game was dominant & the defense was dominant too. Held South Carolina to a shutout overall (though that's somewhat a product of them needing to go for TDs on the rare occasions they were in the red zone).

Special teams remains abysmal, as does our 2 minute offense. Florida should have been up 30 had it not been for poor execution on ST early in the 3rd; and there's no excuse for failing to snuff out the fake punt...a point @oxrageous made...but didn't want others to make.

This was a good win (our best one of the season), but for a coach who prides himself on a process...it's alarming that we are so poor in 2 minute drills in game after game, no matter the situation (offense, defense, or special teams). Napier really needs to do a lot of self-introspection at some point with that facet of the game. It's cost us momentum at a minimum, even the game itself in prior games. Needs to be corrected ASAP.

Go Gators...on to Vandy!

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
86 people voted in the poll in this thread.
One loser said USCe would win by 9 or less :heehee:

No doubt it was ltraz probably :suspect:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.