• USC by 9 or less

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • USC by 10 or more

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tharber

Oct 10, 2020
I think what we saw was a great team effort in the 1st half that was all about game planning for our next 2 games and most importantly Clown U.

It's also amazing how well the defense seems to be doing with Cox gone. One of the reporters touched on it yesterday but I didn't get a chance to hear all of it. He must have really been divisive in the locker room. Sometimes all it takes is one bad attitude and with our kids being so young, no one to tell him the shut the F up and the locker room is lost.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I think what we saw was a great team effort in the 1st half that was all about game planning for our next 2 games and most importantly Clown U.

It's also amazing how well the defense seems to be doing with Cox gone. One of the reporters touched on it yesterday but I didn't get a chance to hear all of it. He must have really been divisive in the locker room. Sometimes all it takes is one bad attitude and with our kids being so young, no one to tell him the shut the F up and the locker room is lost.

That may very well be the case, but I hate to speculate too much about that stuff.

Two other factors to consider are the replacements showing more discipline with their assignments and if I’m not mistaken we’re putting the DBs closer to the LOS, which is taking away the quick pass and gives our DL more time to reach the QB. The Xs & Os guys can correct me if that’s a piss poor observation.

Or maybe it’s a combination of all three.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
That’s kind of a bs stat. I hated seeing us leave points on the field on two of the three possessions, and we definitely had some miscues. But those three post-turnover possessions started at like the 30. If we had scored on each of those possessions, we probably still would not have broken 100 yards for the quarter just based on field position.
Agree.

He compared a half stat with a quarter stat ... that's like grits getting on toast and comparing it to the coffee. :lol:

I saw the tweet and my mind said: We tore up the first half on offense, then had three turnovers handed to us on a silver platter , in/near the redzone, back to back to back, and only got 7 points out of it.

They lost focus. :dunno:

BN will simulate that in practice.

There's lies, damned lies, and statistics.

I don't make the tweets, I just report them. :lol:

Last edited:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I missed the Chole ad Doak because of my sister's wedding. Walked in just in time to see the Clowns tie it up.
I was at that game.
disgusted GIF

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe after evaluating they were just going to bench Cox. Then they decided the fallout was less to just boot him, and it created some upside.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe after evaluating they were just going to bench Cox. Then they decided the fallout was less to just boot him, and it created some upside.
Group dynamics is an interesting thing.

The move seems to have motivated them.

Last edited:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I think that must have been Neal Anderson, John L. Williams and Lorenzo Hamilton. Truly great backfield running behind the Great Wall.
The best backfield ever including freshman QB Kerwin Bell. The big uglies were road graders.

My first semester at UF.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Forgot to mention...blue on blue are the best uniforms we wear and we always play great in them.
Compare with the eyesores Oregon wore last night…bright yellow everything.

The blue jersey with white pants are my favorite, but whatever helps us win!

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
That may very well be the case, but I hate to speculate too much about that stuff.

Two other factors to consider are the replacements showing more discipline with their assignments and if I’m not mistaken we’re putting the DBs closer to the LOS, which is taking away the quick pass and gives our DL more time to reach the QB. The Xs & Os guys can correct me if that’s a piss poor observation.

Or maybe it’s a combination of all three.
I think it’s Al that. We’re winning at the LOS which we weren’t doing really against anyone since Utah. It helps that these latest opponents aren’t great teams, but you still have to win those battles.

We are in a bucket with a lot of middling teams but trending up. I like the momentum. Win out and it’s even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator