Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs South Carolina***

ted

Aug 24, 2019
I read when Christobal got the Miami gig that he was an elite recruiter and excellent head coach that would bring natty’s back to Dade County………and UF would regret to backing up the brinks truck to get him

jbaker07

Oct 15, 2017
No fake, Jake. What do you think the chances are of a miracle return for a TD? 1 in 40 billion?
About 500x worse than the odds of not taking the safety and getting the punt blocked and returned for a touchdown. Which is exactly why we took the safety and got the win.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
About 500x worse than the odds of not taking the safety and getting the punt blocked and returned for a touchdown. Which is exactly why we took the safety and got the win.
Especially when Beamer is involved, a special teams nut like his old man. Chances are even higher of a blocked punt against that team.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Without the receivers.

Imagine how good he is going to be next year with Boardingham, Wilson, Jean and Mizell.
computer sitting GIF by South Park

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Especially when Beamer is involved, a special teams nut like his old man. Chances are even higher of a blocked punt against that team.
So, you're saying we need a real special teams coordinator?

jbaker07

Oct 15, 2017
After last week's Hurricane fiasco. I have no issues with his 4 down plan. My only critique is he should have danced about on first down as well as opposed to the "1 second knee"... at least he learned.
Yeah I was surprised we took the immediate knee-down vs. dancing for a few seconds. I think Napier was not expecting Beamer to take the timeout, it looked like Napier gave the shoulder shrug and "whatever hand waive" towards the USCe bench after they called their first timeout. Probably should have expected that they would take the TOs in that situation though.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
Now that I've stopped screaming at my TV I have a question. Obviously, if Napier knew how time-outs work he would have had Mertz run outside the tackle box and use up a few more seconds on first down. That would have avoided the need for the safety and the small risk USCe could have run the drop kick back for a TD. Once outside the tackle box, why didn't Mertz heave the ball high and long? The clock wouldn't stop until the ball came down and another 5 seconds would have run off the clock.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah I was surprised we took the immediate knee-down vs. dancing for a few seconds. I think Napier was not expecting Beamer to take the timeout, it looked like Napier gave the shoulder shrug and "whatever hand waive" towards the USCe bench after they called their first timeout. Probably should have expected that they would take the TOs in that situation though.
We saw the same thing, I was waiting for the finger to be thrown from Naps!

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Now that I've stopped screaming at my TV I have a question. Obviously, if Napier knew how time-outs work he would have had Mertz run outside the tackle box and use up a few more seconds on first down. That would have avoided the need for the safety and the small risk USCe could have run the drop kick back for a TD. Once outside the tackle box, why didn't Mertz heave the ball high and long? The clock wouldn't stop until the ball came down and another 5 seconds would have run off the clock.
Holy cow really?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
On an incompletion, the clock would stop and USC wouldn't have to use a time out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.