Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Russell Crowe Gladiator GIF

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Awesome heads-up play by Wilson on that tip, who not only caught it but did it in stride like it was a planned play. They are lucky he didn't go all the way.

It felt like being in a time warp watching the ball tip to Wilson in stride as if he was playing the role of Franco Harris against the Raiders. We may look back someday and realize our own immaculate reception helped trigger a run.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
My favorite play was the deep pass to Jackson. It wasn’t perfect, it could have been an easy TD if he didn’t have to dive for it. But I loved that Mertz took the deep shot when Wilson was wide open, would have run for an easy first down, and Pearsall was wide open on an intermediate route. But Mertz took the deep ball. That was a very different decision for him. I loved it and loved the catch.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
This is my take after Napier's first 19 games or is it 17. Whatever. The last 33 yrs of gator football saw us go from eternal bridesmaids to a national program. SOS and Urban made it look easy. One was the genius that had good talent his first year and the other was a recruiter that was loaded when he got here. But my point is they hit the ground winning quickly. That is usually the exception to the rule. Most coaches dont do that. Billy came in with even less talent than the last three coaches. But the game is now all about talent. Kirby has proved it with his NFL defense the last few years. The draft proves what he has. Saban has done it for a long time. Load the lines with nfl talent and win. Billy is doing the most important thing. He is getting the players, establishing relationships in Fla high schools and recruiting his asss off. THAT is how you win now. He keeps this class together and we are full steam ahead. TOnite was a feel good game. Young fellas all over the def. and we have one of those almost miracle finishes............Mertz loves being here. Loves being a gator. We all should. Napier's interview after the game told me a lot about the man. He does not need to be a rah rah emotional idiot. Beamer is and he lost. The def. coach is that way and it works...........other staff can be that way. Billy needs to be himself.................

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I said it earlier in the year, he reminds me of Percy. Just get him the ball anywhere on the field.

We got away from it, but my favorite part of the offensive game plan was just getting him the ball in every way possible. That had a definite PH feel. And remember, he didn’t show up until June. Next few years with him will be awesome. And I never felt that way until I saw them willing to commit today.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Any win on the road is an important win. What made this one seem extra important was coming from behind late and how it unfolded with certain guys -- Mertz, Pearsall, Boardingham (holy shyt) -- elevating their play in a way that screamed them wanting a leadership role.

You can't win consistently or move to the next level without leaders. We finally found us a few.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So far, to me at least, Billy has two signature wins. Tennessee and this SC game. Tennessee is doing well and SC was on the road.

I did not think we would pull out the win being on the road. However, Billy was engaged in the game, our boys stayed fired up (big shout out to Mertz for hyping up the team). Seeing Billy smile was like watching a commercial for the Make a Wish foundation.

I'm still on the fence about Billy but maybe, just maybe he can actually deliver. His take on Mertz when everyone passed on him looks genius in hindsight. Our younger players are really showing flashes.

Not everything was roses but this win was earned and I loved it. He's almost beat Vegas and I love a good underdog story.

There is progress this year which is what everyone asked for. Big win for the good guys

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
First time in quite a while the Gators actually nutted up and finished a close road game.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
First time in quite a while the Gators actually nutted up and finished a close road game.

You need wins like this to sell your message and win over the players, but most of all you need it to energize the program. That's what's been missing the most. The games have all felt listless.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
You need wins like this to sell your message and win over the players, but most of all you need it to energize the program. That's what's been missing the most. The games have all felt listless.
This is very true

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
OK, check this possibility. Out punter shanks it from the 20 out at the 35. No time off clock. SC kicks a FG from the 35 FOR THE WIN, because we took a GD safety. Understand?
Our kicker punted it - could have happened.

Then again, I could have won the lottery too.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
OK, check this possibility. Out punter shanks it from the 20 out at the 35. No time off clock. SC kicks a FG from the 35 FOR THE WIN, because we took a GD safety. Understand?
Ok, check this possibility. We run the ball and fumble with 20 seconds left and SC has three timeouts. They run three plays and score a touchdown because we were effing morons like Miami and didn’t take a knee. Understand?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator