Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs South Carolina***

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Now that I've stopped screaming at my TV I have a question. Obviously, if Napier knew how time-outs work he would have had Mertz run outside the tackle box and use up a few more seconds on first down. That would have avoided the need for the safety and the small risk USCe could have run the drop kick back for a TD. Once outside the tackle box, why didn't Mertz heave the ball high and long? The clock wouldn't stop until the ball came down and another 5 seconds would have run off the clock.

1697330315231.gif

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Awesome heads-up play by Wilson on that tip, who not only caught it but did it in stride like it was a planned play. They are lucky he didn't go all the way.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
OK, check this possibility. Out punter shanks it from the 20 out at the 35. No time off clock. SC kicks a FG from the 35 FOR THE WIN, because we took a GD safety. Understand?
:bwahaha:

You may want to take some time off the board. Hope people forget your sequence of posts.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Awesome heads-up play by Wilson on that tip, who not only caught it but did it in stride like it was a planned play. They are lucky he didn't go all the way.
Wilson has "it". He'll be special player if he stays healthy. Can't coach that.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

He might end up being our most confident player since Harvin. He’s just wired differently, and @GatorJ called this. Everything he does looks like he’s going to be ridiculous.

Mobtowngator

OCD should actually be called CDO...
Lifetime Member
Dec 30, 2018
By chance, anyone have a link to the radio call on the winning TD?

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Had SC won, there would have been non stop coverage on Shane Beamer, and would have talked schiite about UF, and Fuchs their albino quarterback.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Now that I've stopped screaming at my TV I have a question. Obviously, if Napier knew how time-outs work he would have had Mertz run outside the tackle box and use up a few more seconds on first down. That would have avoided the need for the safety and the small risk USCe could have run the drop kick back for a TD. Once outside the tackle box, why didn't Mertz heave the ball high and long? The clock wouldn't stop until the ball came down and another 5 seconds would have run off the clock.

This is why you keep a guy like Anthony Richardson on the roster, for that fourth-and-forever with one too many ticks left where he launches a howitzer straight up that doesn't land on the ground until the last empty beer cup is picked up in the stadium several hours later. Coach, are you listening?

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
He might end up being our most confident player since Harvin. He’s just wired differently, and @GatorJ called this. Everything he does looks like he’s going to be ridiculous.
I said it earlier in the year, he reminds me of Percy. Just get him the ball anywhere on the field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.