Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs South Carolina***

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
The good:

We needed to exploit SC’s poor pass defense with downfield throws and we did it in a big way behind gutsy play from Mertz and gutsy calls from Billy. Receivers and TEs rose to the occasion with clutch plays all over…

Smack is saving us on STs. The block was just a good play by Carolina.

The bad:

OL is going to get Mertz hurt if they don’t get it together, and the run game is sputtering now that Johnson and Etienne are probably playing hurt. Bye week is huge for pass pro and run blocking to improve. SC has poor run defense and we did nothing.

Defense has taken a step back with missed tackles, lack of control up front, and giving up explosive plays, but unlike the last couple years in games like this they did get some key stops. They’re young and still learning. Gonna take lumps. Just lucky Mertz and the receiving corps balled out in a way we haven’t seen in a minute.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
This week Mrs G and I celebrated #31 and she decided we should go this weekend to an Arts festival in Blue Ridge, Ga. I figured WTH and off we went (I DVR’ed the game, of course). By 2:45, we were both ready to hit a brew pub where we saw, ultimately, the first half before heading off for an early dinner.

After watching the 2nd half at home, I decided to check in here. If anyone wants a good laugh, start at around page 7 and read some of the most moronic posts ever made on GC. Yes, the defense struggled at times (in a hostile environment) but ultimately came up strong on their last two possessions. The offense was outstanding.

How good was the the offense you ask? We had almost 500yds. Oh and our “lousy passing game?” Yeah 423 yards. Yes, that’s a “4” at the beginning. Were we awesome? No, but we won an SEC road game in a tough environment against a decent team.

We still have a long way to go, but let’s enjoy a solid victory. Remember this was a team picked to finish 2nd to last in their division. As of today, we actually could still finish 1st. Let’s be happy for a change. Two weeks from today we may have cause to be pissed, but enjoy today for what it is.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Get ready for another embarrassment on the road.
you are so dumb harry styles GIF

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
This week Mrs G and I celebrated #31 and she decided we should go this weekend to an Arts festival in Blue Ridge, Ga. I figured WTH and off we went (I DVR’ed the game, of course). By 2:45, we were both ready to hit a brew pub where we saw, ultimately, the first half before heading off for an early dinner.

After watching the 2nd half at home, I decided to check in here. If anyone wants a good laugh, start at around page 7 and read some of the most moronic posts ever made on GC. Yes, the defense struggled at times (in a hostile environment) but ultimately came up strong on their last two possessions. The offense was outstanding.

How good was the the offense you ask? We had almost 500yds. Oh and our “lousy passing game?” Yeah 423 yards. Yes, that’s a “4” at the beginning. Were we awesome? No, but we won an SEC road game in a tough environment against a decent team.

We still have a long way to go, but let’s enjoy a solid victory. Remember this was a team picked to finish 2nd to last in their division. As of today, we actually could still finish 1st. Let’s be happy for a change. Two weeks from today we may have cause to be pissed, but enjoy today for what it is.
Watched entire glorious game before reading this thread starting on page 5. ""Moronic" hardly does some posts justice.

Mgnihilo

Founding Member
South Carolina Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
OK, check this possibility. Out punter shanks it from the 20 out at the 35. No time off clock. SC kicks a FG from the 35 FOR THE WIN, because we took a GD safety. Understand?
Can he really be serious with this series of posts? My goodness. Enjoy a great comeback win, something I doubt anyone on this board believed would happen with 5 minutes left.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I'm a Quality Manager. We always look at the entire picture, and my take was not at all bad. One shanked punt loses the game for us. Huge odds against? No.
You simply can't be this stupid, so I'm going to assume you are drinking. Every coach in America aside from Mario Cristobol would have done the same thing as Napier. You're avoiding the possibility of a blocked punt BECAUSE ITS A FREE KICK. The likelyhood of a shanked punt is zero as there is no block attempt coming on a free kick. On the otherhand attempting a punt up 4 points gives a higher probability of a block, shank, or return for TD....especially considering the coach on the other side of the fields last name is Beamer. Napier was 100% spot on and you are just embarrassing yourself.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Me? Your the one that made the dumb comment on a monday of this week.
Yeah, I was wrong with the prediction, and admitted as much after the game. I'll defer to you next time since your obviously always a 100% right with your prediction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator