Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Tennessee***

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I heard him very clearly. He spoke around the question and answered it as obliquely as he could. He knows the fans and prior, more successful coaches than he, have a view of rivalries and rivalry games that he does not. So, he can't just come out and say "Its just another game". Instead, he says he teaches them the history of the series and its importance during summer camp. He said absolutely NOTHING about its importance during game prep, motivation, or game planning. Its just another game to him. Trust the process. That's all he's got.
My God are we embarrassing these days. Let’s just wait and see if he can WIN the football game, whataya say? Yeesh.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I heard him very clearly. He spoke around the question and answered it as obliquely as he could. He knows the fans and prior, more successful coaches than he, have a view of rivalries and rivalry games that he does not. So, he can't just come out and say "Its just another game". Instead, he says he teaches them the history of the series and its importance during summer camp. He said absolutely NOTHING about its importance during game prep, motivation, or game planning. Its just another game to him. Trust the process. That's all he's got.
Dude….nobody gives two effs what coaches say during pressers anymore. None of it ever reflects what they say to their team.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We bytch and complain about what the coaches say and then what they don't say. There is no way we know what is said in the locker room, practice, or in meetings. So what if he's not going to put any bulletin board stuff out during a presser. We all know the pressers are just a formal coach speak platform. I'm just glad he's not coming out "Darth Vader" style or acting like a Mullenite Buffoon.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
i couldnt care less what he says in a presser. frankly i like someone whos essentially the same regardless of current situation. the only thing i care about is performance on game day. so on that topic, ox says we should wait and see if he wins the game. at some point this turns into groundhog day but ok, lets see. im not holding my breath though.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
i couldnt care less what he says in a presser. frankly i like someone whos essentially the same regardless of current situation. the only thing i care about is performance on game day. so on that topic, ox says we should wait and see if he wins the game. at some point this turns into groundhog day but ok, lets see. im not holding my breath though.
hudson2t7ugs.gif

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
image2.jpg

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I want to hear

This is our first SEC game. Winning this game is the first step in our goal every year: Playing for and winning the SEC Championship.

And under his breath:
And I want to hold them to zero points and jump out to a 50 point lead so we don't have to listen to that damned hillbilly rockyflop $hit.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Six pages in and this required viewing hasn’t been posted yet. The play is at 1:58 if you don’t want to hear those no good bastards Jackson and Grease E cry and whine. If you tolerate them, just listen to that crowd. Long before the student section became dominated by oriental students from overseas with their IPhones.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Many have responded that these pressers "don't matter" or it's all "coach speak" etc. Which is true.

The question is, what have we become that it's all bread and circuses? I would rather the coach put out a letter than get on stage and politicize. He can tweet out one of those canned responses if we aren't expecting truthfulness. This is not a Billy Napier thing, its a college football thing.

What's different from the 90's when old school coaches would give pressers?

For the record, I don't believe in sorcery either and every game should be just as important. If you beat everyone, you don't need to worry about rivalries. And what does it say if you play hard for a rivalry, are you not always playing hard?

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Six pages in and this required viewing hasn’t been posted yet. The play is at 1:58 if you don’t want to hear those no good bastards Jackson and Grease E cry and whine. If you tolerate them, just listen to that crowd. Long before the student section became dominated by oriental students from overseas with their IPhones.

In today's pussy game that's 15 yards and an ejection.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I know Tennessee didn't look inspired and polished last week. But just as we cleaned up a lot of our mistakes prior to last Saturday's game, Tenn, if their staff- if worth what they are paid- will as well.

Our OL has to win run blocking or pass protect and our defense has to be secure. If we cannot pass block well or run block well, we will be in a fight. OL has to do one well and staff has to realize in-game which it is. Hopefully both. But Tennessee is stacking the box figuring they can cover two routes.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
If UT employs Utah's defense, stacks the box, LB's park themselves at the first downline, challenge Mertz to throw over them. do we ever score?
Inquiring for an associate.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
If UT employs Utah's defense, stacks the box, LB's park themselves at the first downline, challenge Mertz to throw over them. do we ever score?
Imagine doing that to Spurrier's offense. Should we not expect Napier to handle that by now or are two receiver routes just not enough in those situations? I would like to think Napier is sandbagging.... I know...

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Imagine doing that to Spurrier's offense. Should we not expect Napier to handle that by now or are two receiver routes just not enough in those situations? I would like to think Napier is sandbagging.... I know...
Spurrier would wet his pants. Then pull every QB off the bench and in the peanut gallery until he found someone that could make the throw.

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016

In my opinion the greatest Gator game ever.

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
Utah stacking the box limited us, but it's the offensive penalties that cost us the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator