Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Tennessee***

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Utah stacking the box limited us, but it's the offensive penalties that cost us the game.
its the lack of any pass blocking and lack of any routes more than 5 yds past the LOS that cost us the game. the penalites just magnified things.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Six pages in and this required viewing hasn’t been posted yet. The play is at 1:58 if you don’t want to hear those no good bastards Jackson and Grease E cry and whine. If you tolerate them, just listen to that crowd. Long before the student section became dominated by oriental students from overseas with their IPhones.

Was at that game. When that happened, while intoxicated, I told her, "I think those broke his Fuching Neck".

1694556794408.gif

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Many have responded that these pressers "don't matter" or it's all "coach speak" etc. Which is true.

The question is, what have we become that it's all bread and circuses? I would rather the coach put out a letter than get on stage and politicize. He can tweet out one of those canned responses if we aren't expecting truthfulness. This is not a Billy Napier thing, its a college football thing.

What's different from the 90's when old school coaches would give pressers?

For the record, I don't believe in sorcery either and every game should be just as important. If you beat everyone, you don't need to worry about rivalries. And what does it say if you play hard for a rivalry, are you not always playing hard?

It’s not unlike watching golf. The announcers have to say the same thing over and over - hit the fairway, land it on the green in an optimum spot, make the putt.

Coaches say the same things over and over because they are true. Once you’ve got your team set for the season, the primary way to win is to execute and minimize mistakes. They’ve got to put guys in position matching their skill sets with scheme. Etc. etc. etc. If we want to be the best of the rest in the SECe we’ve got to execute better than Ky, SC, MO & Ut. Fewer turnovers. Less mistakes. Talent is better on paper, but they have to play better on the field.

And no scheme works without execution.

Billy drones on and on about such principles. He’s right. They are true. He’s taking responsibility as he should. Now git r done.

Last edited:

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
FML.

Beating the inbreds is a "signature" win these days? Used to be an automatic W on the board even in the last terrible decade....
Maybe....Back when it was Fulmer vs Spurrier, the Vols were NC Contenders some of those years, and pretty damn good until Fulmer got the ax.
I think they earned some respect last year with the big win over the Tide and how their year played out nationally.
Granted, the heart and soul of that team is gone but, I think the general feel around the country is the Vols are back to being at least a top 15 team.
The general feel for our program nationally, is in the toilet. Every sports article I read mentions how terrible Florida is this year.

So yes, I think a big win over the vols this Saturday, will go a long way for the perception of our HBC and our team.

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
I'm in the camp of Gator fans that think Napier is in over his head and he's not a good GameDay coach. But I really think we can beat Tennessee this weekend. We'll be playing with a chip on our shoulder and the crowd will be loud. I think we'll be able to pass the ball on them a little bit and we will out-rush them and that'll be the key to the win. I wouldn't be surprised if they get up on us also and we won't be able to come back on them. I wouldn't be surprised either way. But I have a good feeling about this one. I think Milton isn't as good as Hooker. Our Defense is playing better this year and the Swamp will be raucous and they will cause problems for the UT offense.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Player leadership is key. I see that emerging on defense in Shemar James. He’s aggressive, prepared and vocal.

Mertz is the closest I’ve seen on offense. But I’d like to see Montrell, Etienne & Kingsley light fires.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm in the camp of Gator fans that think Napier is in over his head and he's not a good GameDay coach. But I really think we can beat Tennessee this weekend. We'll be playing with a chip on our shoulder and the crowd will be loud. I think we'll be able to pass the ball on them a little bit and we will out-rush them and that'll be the key to the win. I wouldn't be surprised if they get up on us also and we won't be able to come back on them. I wouldn't be surprised either way. But I have a good feeling about this one. I think Milton isn't as good as Hooker. Our Defense is playing better this year and the Swamp will be raucous and they will cause problems for the UT offense.
I just don’t think we can muster enough offense against a good defense. Last week was against a woefully inferior opponent. Maybe if our OL can look much improved from the Utah game, but otherwise I’m not optimistic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator