Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Texas A&M***

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Each of these remaining four games is winnable. Unfortunately each of these remaining games is quite loseable as well.

We MUST win two of the four and although I like our chances the least in this one we still really need to win it anyway. Rare is the opportunity to face an SEC team, not named Vanderbilt, that is struggling like TAMU right now.

I was concerned that if TAMU had beaten Ole Miss it would be a season changer. The fact that they lost leaves us with no excuses for this one but I know that anything is possible with this group.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Two SEC cellar dwellers trying to get their second conference win. They were projected as second in the west with the potential to make some noise nationally before the season. The wheels fell off quickly with an embarrassing loss at home to App State week 2 and they have never recovered. Their only conference win was a squeaker at home over Arkansas. That’s in fact their best win. Our best win is much better than theirs, and their worst loss much worse than ours. And we’ve managed twice as many wins. But their conference losses actually look a little better than ours, losing very closely contested games to Bama and OM.

Things are really bad in college station because of the expectations for this season while we weren’t expected to do much this year with an entire new staff. Things are so bad for Jimbo (actually so good because of the upside down nature of this business) that they are actually contemplating what if with his 100 million buyout.

In summary, it’s way too late for them to salvage their season but they desperately need to stop the bleeding and reel off some wins, it’s a home game, they are one of only a few teams on our schedule with more talent than us. And we don’t know the mindset of our team but it ain’t good with starters defecting mid season. It’s more important to them and our staff hasn’t shown me anything that suggests they can out scheme anyone with equal talent so it’s probably a loss. Our best chance is if Dumbo is in full tank mode trying to get fired like dipsht Dan was, but I think that’s doubtful.

Last edited:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
We need this win and to get some momentum toward the close. I think we finish on a 4 game win streak.
I like the optimism and agree that a strong finish starting Saturday would go a long way in making the inauspicious start of the Napier era look a little better. But I think with it being on the road and them needing it worse than us, it’s hard to feel confident. It’s actually an intriguing matchup due to both teams performing so poorly and needing a feel good moment in a season with nothing left to play for. I think we probably lose. It should be noted I’ve predicted wins in all our games up to this point so me expecting a loss is probably a good thing for the team.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We're gonna wi.........you know what, I don't know what's going to happen anymore :lol:

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Looking forward to it

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It's a loss. While a&m sucks, it looks like they finally found a player at the QB position who just went for over 300 and 4 tds against much better competition than we will provide. Their defense isn't all world but it's solid, well coached, and consistent. Their STs are also, not a disaster. We have at least 2 more losses on the schedule unfortunately.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone one else think that kicking Cox to the curb could make this team better?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
red army yes GIF by Perth Wildcats

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So much better, doubt the defense surrenders a single point the rest of the year.
Maybe someday you'll say something nice about the staff, but I doubt it. Sheesh.

Great to see Billy do what needs to be done. Sends a message to the entire team, a good one.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Maybe someday you'll say something nice about the staff, but I doubt it. Sheesh.

Great to see Billy do what needs to be done. Sends a message to the entire team, a good one.

I've been a hell of a lot more positive than many on here. Everyone knows Billy will get a pass for this year, so he might as well burn it to the ground now. Starting next year though, the clock will be ticking.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

No. Karl may be doing the right thing off the field and I have no problem kicking these azzhats to the curb, but nothing makes this team any better on Saturdays this year. As for Dumbo, he blows, but he is best known for using his TE's when no one thinks he will use his TE's. It is one thing for Dean to know that they are going to throw the ball to Bowers when you play UGA, but why do I get the feeling that this is the type of game where one of those TE's will run by one of our confused safetys?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator