Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs UGA***

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So he’s saying our defensive players don’t have enough brains to figure out how to tackle?

I can’t argue with that.
Some truth in that.

While tackling is a HUGE problem, surprised that he mentioned the lack of the mental part of getting the defense. But watching the film breakdown on this forum that gets posted makes sense. They are definitely struggling with the mental aspect. We have personnel that will get it 100% right and one that shyts the bed. A la Dean, Torrence. Bad mechanics, not recognizing the coverages to be in, and not being in position. The other main part is no DL push to help the DB's and we have LB's that can't cover TE's.

Not sure why Toney does what he does, but he has a track record of improvement year to year as a DC so I am hoping that stays true to form. Also, I would think that what he's seen the first half of the season he would simplify it down and pick one dynamic and stick with it. Are we gonna load the box and make them throw and play man or we back off and play zone.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Someone else can find it, but in one of those recap videos UF puts out every game, they showed Toney at halftime talking to the defense. Every single one of them was tuned out. Toney is a loser, look at his great resume:

2012–2013Southeastern Louisiana (DA)
2014Southeastern Louisiana (DB/ST)
2015Sam Houston State (S)
2016–2017UTSA (S)
2018–2019Louisiana (S)
2020–2021Louisiana (DC/OLB)
2022–presentFlorida (co-DC/S)

More of hiring coaches thinking that UF is a training wheel program to learn at. The smiling dork from Starkville needs to be shown the door for allowing this mediocrity.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Need AR to channel his inner Trey Burton on Saturday

Fun fact about that game: Trey also threw a pass. Not just any pass or any down, but on the 3rd down directly preceding Henry’s kick in OT. It fell harmlessly to the ground, avoiding disaster, but it was a bizarre call by Daz/Meyer given the moment.

A second fun fact about that game: I don’t remember the first half.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Fun fact about that game: Trey also threw a pass. Not just any pass or any down, but on the 3rd down directly preceding Henry’s kick in OT. It fell harmlessly to the ground, avoiding disaster, but it was a bizarre call by Daz/Meyer given the moment.

A second fun fact about that game: I don’t remember the first half.
Yeah, He threw a little flat pass out on the very first play, I was so damned drunk I was raising hell in the stands.."YES! YES!! Way to go Treon!!!!!"
Georgia dude in front of me turns around and yells in my face.."HE WAS OUT OF BOUNDS!"
To which I replied..." Turn your ass around and watch the game or I will rip you Fn head off"

Yeah, Embarrassing. But hey, I had a lot of fun!
I stopped going because I got to the point that I couldn't control my emotions at the game. Mrs Ironhead put the hammer down.
I went every year from 1986 to 2002. Lots of good times, lots of fun....lots of heated interactions and lots of good natured fun too.
One time, A group of Gator fans actually started some **** with us because my 16 year old daughter shorts were apparently.."Too short".

Anyway...Dooley just died.
No better way to motivate the dogs.

They will absolutely mop that field with our asses tomorrow.
42-0 Like it's 1982 all over again.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Yeah, He threw a little flat pass out on the very first play, I was so damned drunk I was raising hell in the stands.."YES! YES!! Way to go Treon!!!!!"
Georgia dude in front of me turns around and yells in my face.."HE WAS OUT OF BOUNDS!"
To which I replied..." Turn your ass around and watch the game or I will rip you Fn head off"

I stopped going because I got to the point that I couldn't control my emotions at the game. Mrs Ironhead put the hammer down.
I went every year from 1986 to 2002. Lots of good times, lots of fun....lots of heated interactions and lots of good natured fun too.
One time, A group of Gator fans actually started some **** with us because my 16 year old daughter shorts were apparently.."Too short".

Yeah
Thinking I was responding to A “Treon”
Game vs a “Trey” game.
Sorry!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Yeah, different game. No problem.

On your prediction, that would tell me we have perhaps the wrong coach, and definitely the wrong QB. I don’t think it will, but if it were to happen as you suggest, Kitna should have the reigns from here on out as we should be looking to next year. They are not the same defense as a year ago, and we should be able to score on them.

On your no longer going, I’m very similar. My wife went to her first and only in 2009 and did not like the atmosphere at all(even when we were a lock to win). I’ve been yelled at by people(every year), charged by drunken girls in black dresses because I laughed in their direction(‘02), was kicked out of the Landing(‘06), lost a shoe once(don’t remember the year), and was asked to leave a bus after the 2005 game(I may have suggested the driver was homosexual). But what probably was my tell tale sign that this game perhaps, could possibly, maybe bring out the worst in me was in 2019 when at halftime I yelled to a uga band member that she looked “awfully fat in those pants”, from about 10 feet away as she was about to go on. I blame the wrist band debacle. But I decided that day it’s probably best if I just watch it on TV moving forward.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Mario done embarrassed Sling Blade again on the recruiting trail, now it's Kirby's turn to do it to him on the football field.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's game day Beeotches................

:what2:

Anything can happen. I guess, I hope, uh perhaps not. But anyway....GO GATORS!

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
This is the game that goes a long way in deciding how I view this new coach and staff.

Can he adjust and make the Leghumpers earn every score? Can he put enough wrinkles on his offense to.put up points on the buttsniffers? Can he coach a mistake free game and capitalize on every buttsniffer mistake? Can he make adjustments at half-time that leaves the ball lickers confused?

Anything is possible.

200.gif

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There’s certainly a path forward to this being a competitive game. The running game has been borderline elite (even with teams stacking the box). If good AR shows up then we can definitely score some points. If we were able to fix anything at all on D over the bye week then who knows. I’m going in just hoping to see some improvement and not putting too much stock in a win/loss here.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This is the game that goes a long way in deciding how I view this new coach and staff.
I'm with you. Anything short of a win against the #1 team in the nation and I'm off the train. He's had enough time now. In fact, a win alone isn't really good enough for me - it needs to be a decisive beatdown, a 2-score win at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator