Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs UGA***

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Calling TO after lining up the offense to go for it on fourth-and-10 at midfield. That sums up the disastrous second quarter for Napier and UF. I'm not sure I've seen a worse quarter from a coaching perspective. It's all on Napier.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We can’t play to their strengths. We can’t expect our tackles to beat them. They just aren’t there.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
OTs getting whipped every play. The current OL coaches should be sacked for inability to recruit or prep these guys.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Calling TO after lining up the offense to go for it on fourth-and-10 at midfield. That sums up the disastrous second quarter for Napier and UF. I'm not sure I've seen a worse quarter from a coaching perspective. It's all on Napier.
Can you speculate as to what was his thinking? Trying to make it interesting. Wanted to talk it over with his QB?

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
It is what it is guys, UGA is more talented across the board and we’ve had to roll the dice a few times that didn’t work out, not to mention the refs are favoring UGA at every turn.

Don’t lose your minds over this. This was the likely outcome.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Did Ox go to the game? Wonder how he is enjoying it?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Can you speculate as to what was his thinking? Trying to make it interesting. Wanted to talk it over with his QB?

It's what he wasn't thinking. Reasonably. It's as if he took a quaalude between the quarters. We took it to them in the opening quarter. Offense moved the ball with pace, misdirection and great blocking. Energy level was unlike anything I've seen since he became coach.

That buffoon of a fourth-down trick play let the air out of the stadium. It's one thing to go for it from your own 34, but a tailback pass with the linebacker not blocked? Napier set a new low for personal embarrassment.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
It is what it is guys, UGA is more talented across the board and we’ve had to roll the dice a few times that didn’t work out, not to mention the refs are favoring UGA at every turn.

Don’t lose your minds over this. This was the likely outcome.

Tbh I'm not mad that we're losing. I'm frustrated with some boneheaded playcalls, bad discipline, and poor organization -- coming against our biggest rival after a bye week.

Even with substantial improvements in all of those aspects we'd still lose this game today, but at least we could feel confident that our coach has the team developing in the right direction.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Tbh I'm not mad that we're losing. I'm frustrated with some boneheaded playcalls, bad discipline, and poor organization -- coming against our biggest rival after a bye week.

Even with substantial improvements in all of those aspects we'd still lose this game today, but at least we could feel confident that our coach has the team developing in the right direction.
Nonsense. Read my post about “the how we lost.”

We are getting obliterated at both lines of scrimmage. That is the story of the game, not any of what you just said.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
We had momentum and had Ga worried. We throw that slant that was a FN First down, and the refs let Kirby spot it.
That turned the entire first half.

They're MAULING our D line with no calls.
They're MAULING our WR's too.

I'm saying this right now, I've seen too many games like this in the past.
Even several FL/ga Games.
Everything goes one way in the first half.
Ga is sitting in the locker room right now thinking, We got this!
I've seen it, We have been there too, and almost lost. Remember the "Time out" game when Anthone Lott called a time out before Ga scored a td?
Ga was down big in that game and came back to almost win it. Remember the Shane Matthews game where we were up big but then need a Shane scramble for a first down to finally put them away??

If we come out and get a 3 and out to start the 3rd. Momentum can switch FAST!

Believe people.
This is a 4 quarter game!
This ain't over!

GO GATORS!!!!!!!

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
Nonsense. Read my post about “the how we lost.”

We are getting obliterated at both lines of scrimmage. That is the story of the game, not any of what you just said.

Are you illiterate? I didn't claim the issues I pointed out were why we were losing the game. In fact, I explicitly stated we would still be losing even with all those issues fixed.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not a single hair on Billy’s ass. He should’ve went ape**** at they horrible spot. Then made it worse by call a running back pass play on 4th and short that he has already put
On film .

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
We had momentum and had Ga worried. We throw that slant that was a FN First down, and the refs let Kirby spot it.
That turned the entire first half.

They're MAULING our D line with no calls.
They're MAULING our WR's too.

I'm saying this right now, I've seen too many games like this in the past.
Even several FL/ga Games.
Everything goes one way in the first half.
Ga is sitting in the locker room right now thinking, We got this!
I've seen it, We have been there too, and almost lost. Remember the "Time out" game when Anthone Lott called a time out before Ga scored a td?
Ga was down big in that game and came back to almost win it. Remember the Shane Matthews game where we were up big but then need a Shane scramble for a first down to finally put them away??

If we come out and get a 3 and out to start the 3rd. Momentum can switch FAST!

Believe people.
This is a 4 quarter game!
This ain't over!

GO GATORS!!!!!!!
:blahblah2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.