Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs UGA***

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Against both SC and UGA our line has played well and then played crappy. The only thing good about SC was not quitting.

Your OP that I responded to mentioned nothing about being specific to the O-line. Again, though, my point stands. So our O-line played well & crappy at times against USC, so what? Bottom line is USC sucks, so we the O-line at times during that game looked less crappy. Against UGA today, to say our O-line looked good at times is laughable. Playing well for a drive in the first quarter doesn’t qualify as playing well at times. Bottom line is overall they got their azzes handed to them today, which is par for the course this season.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Agree with this. We weren't winning this game regardless of the boneheaded coaching decisions. But for a quarter it felt like an LSD flashback to be competing with Georgia again. I actually think we caught them a bit flat-footed to start the
This is where I think the game could have been different. Maybe not a win, but a better game. Great coaching sees the weaknesses of the opponent and takes advantage and it will change with every possession. We could not adjust, could not change because we have very weak coaching. We have the players that can do the job. But not with this O & D playcalling, that's coaching, and that's what we lacked. Also the FIRE in the team that was not there due to sh@tty coaching.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Enjoy wallowing in your misery.
Sad Baby GIF
I'm not miserable...just frustrated that we hired another incomplete head coach.

Since Meyer left, we have had pigheaded, lazy, lazier and now pigheaded again (in a different way). It's frustrating.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds about right. Sure that’s a great call. LOL

They even had a check down receiver, Pearsall, who flashed right to left near the LOS as Etienne was being smothered by Mondon.

ted

Aug 24, 2019
Sucks to See FSU rolling in year 3. Does anyone see that happening with Billy Napier?
This is year 4 for Norvell and the only reason he wasn’t fired after two years is because FSU has no money. If they had money for the buyout, he would be gone. They were stuck with him and it has been great for FSU. Not saying this will happen with Billy but FSU was forced to be patient and it has come together nicely. A QB who has been in College since 2018, an OL that has 200 combined starts , skill players acquired through the portal and a competent defense with a few NFL pass rushers. A very veteran team that has failed a lot and now is enjoying success. It will be interesting to see where they are in 24‘ when a lot of talent runs out of eligibility.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not miserable...just frustrated that we hired another incomplete head coach.

Since Meyer left, we have had pigheaded, lazy, lazier and now pigheaded again (in a different way). It's frustrating.
I’m not sure he’s the guy, but this is a complete rebuild. If ANYONE thought we were going to win this game, they’re one dumb mfer.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I quit watching end of third qtr. Did we look better going from 7 - 20 or did georgia have their third string in against our 1s?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not sure he’s the guy, but this is a complete rebuild. If ANYONE thought we were going to win this game, they’re one dumb mfer.
Are you saying BN is a dumb mfer or a coach going into a game knowing he was going to lose?
:lol:

or both?

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
This is year 4 for NorveLLLL and the only reason he wasn’t fired after two years is because FSU has no money. If they had money for the buyout, he would be gone. They were stuck with him and it has been great for FSU. Not saying this will happen with Billy but FSU was forced to be patient and it has come together nicely. A QB who has been in College since 2018, an OL that has 200 combined starts , skill players acquired through the portal and a competent defense with a few NFL pass rushers. A very veteran team that has failed a lot and now is enjoying success. It will be interesting to see where they are in 24‘ when a lot of talent runs out of eligibility.
But they are recruiting well now and seem to fill holes well via portal.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
This is year 4 for NorveLLLL and the only reason he wasn’t fired after two years is because FSU has no money. If they had money for the buyout, he would be gone. They were stuck with him and it has been great for FSU. Not saying this will happen with Billy but FSU was forced to be patient and it has come together nicely. A QB who has been in College since 2018, an OL that has 200 combined starts , skill players acquired through the portal and a competent defense with a few NFL pass rushers. A very veteran team that has failed a lot and now is enjoying success. It will be interesting to see where they are in 24‘ when a lot of talent runs out of eligibility.
Yes you are correct. Year 4. it still sucks. We will see if FSU can continue in 24. Next year will be a telling year for Napier.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Your OP that I responded to mentioned nothing about being specific to the O-line. Again, though, my point stands. So our O-line played well & crappy at times against USC, so what? Bottom line is USC sucks, so we the O-line at times during that game looked less crappy. Against UGA today, to say our O-line looked good at times is laughable. Playing well for a drive in the first quarter doesn’t qualify as playing well at times. Bottom line is overall they got their azzes handed to them today, which is par for the course this season.
Our first possession, our tackles made quick steps out/forward before lifting up and able to set the corner. Even later in the game they would make appropriate steps out and or forward vs back. Other times they were lifting up first and then having to step back.

Previously rarely would I see steps before lifting up.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
I don't think even the pumpers that said we would win really thought we would win.

We all hoped we had turned a bit of a corner on some coaching competence...but we were once again disappointed.

This performance came off a bye week with a healthy team. We once again looked good on the scripted first series and relatively incompetent thereafter.

My point is simple...CBN has never out coached any other HC and relied upon out recruiting everyone else in the Sunbelt. He is not going out recruit Kirby or Saban. So he is going to have to do something he has never done to succeed here and not just close the talent gaps.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

I felt we had zero chance, but that didn't stop me from wanting us to compete. The opening quarter juiced me. I could see it in the players' faces, too, that look that said, hell, yeah, we can play with them.

Then came Trevor goes Hawaiian.

ted

Aug 24, 2019
Yes you are correct. Year 4. it still sucks. We will see if FSU can continue in 24. Next year will be a telling year for Napier.
Very true about Napier. He does not the luxury of playing in the ACC, the schedule is brutal for what will be a young team again.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I felt we had zero chance, but that didn't stop me from wanting us to compete. The opening quarter juiced me. I could see it in the players' faces, too, that look that said, hell, yeah, we can play with them.

Then came Trevor goes Hawaiian.
I felt the exact same way. I was juiced as well. Then UGA adjusted and we didn’t

ted

Aug 24, 2019
But they are recruiting well now and seem to fill holes well via portal.
Very true, especially successful in the portal this year because most players recognized that were talented and had a very manageable schedule. Players transferring wanted a chance at the CFP.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I felt the exact same way. I was juiced as well. Then UGA adjusted and we didn’t

It's clear Napier decided on an aggressive game plan to try and catch them off guard and see how they reacted. It worked for awhile, but Georgia is Georgia. That's an awfully deep and talented roster. You gotta hang with them for four quarters. Nobody has in a long time.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
It's clear Napier decided on an aggressive game plan to try and catch them off guard and see how they reacted. It worked for awhile, but Georgia is Georgia. That's an awfully deep and talented roster. You gotta hang with them for four quarters. Nobody has in a long time.
So true. Got tip your hat to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.