• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We really have got to figure out quick 7 yard slants and hitting the TE over the middle to take some pressure off the running game. Way to many WR screens.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
We really have got to figure out quick 7 yard slants and hitting the TE over the middle to take some pressure off the running game. Way to many WR screens.
If it works it is not too many. Did you come to rub you in our wounds? (i was hoping you would be more negative so my funny would be more appropriate)

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
If we don’t get some more wrinkles into the passing game to take pressure off the run, if the OL and safeties don’t improve, and if CJ is lost for the season we’re easily looking at losses to LSU, UK, Missouri, UGA and Auburn.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
If we don’t get some more wrinkles into the passing game to take pressure off the run, if the OL and safeties don’t improve, and if CJ is lost for the season we’re easily looking at losses to LSU, UK, Missouri, UGA and Auburn.

I completely agree. We aren't good.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
IDK? The Gator team I saw the last 4 games last season performed more authoritatively than the team of these first 2 games? I expected at least the offense would pick up where it left off. It sure hasn't. I expected Mullen to coach up their dynamism, their enthusiastic attack.

We need some stars to emerge. I think our DL & LBs will progress via needing only more experience to gel. But others areas seem sluggish. Our lateral passes seemed to have no teamwork blocking. We seem slow compared to other offenses I've watched. Essentially, I didn't see a game scheme that got the opposing DC worried.

UK can't be as good as they were last year - (no Snell 160 yards running) and now it seems they'll be without the QB they so relied on. UK losing their QB should drop their ability to match our scores; so, maybe this game will give our guys and our coaches a mild SEC caliber opponent that we can execute against like a 10-win SEC team.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Franks played his best game tonight without a doubt. Our apprentice O-line gave him enough time against outmanned TNM and he was on target with everything he threw, and every receiver caught 'em. Most were little swing passes that won't work against fast SEC teams but it was enough to dominate this cupcake. Longer throws down the field were more rare but deadly for poor TNM. It's hard to go 22/24 against air - an overall great job by Franks. Had a couple of good runs too. Totally different and vastly improved look for Franks. We've got a lot of work to do but this was a nice feel-good game that most of Gator Nation is enjoying. Got a chuckle out of Mullen being pissed about the slow start and dropping an F-bomb at the halftime interview

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Here are my thoughts:

Our oline does not seem to be able to run block, we might expect this considering the lack of experience.

I suspect (hope) that coach has been reducing the play book to keep some things out of tape for the future. Franks has not run as he did near the end of last year.

Coach was very pissed at the lack of effort, this is a leadership question.

Franks has a far too big head, perhaps someone will adjust him.

That is all, but time will tell especially this weeks game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.