Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Utah***

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Any of our football junkies watching Utah? I’ve not seen them at all this season, but am taking advantage of them playing a game at a decent hour to see what we’ll face in game 1.

Also OSU LB Steele Chambers (#22) is a HS classmate of my kids. Had a chance to talk to him once; nice polite kid.

“the rule change as a “huge benefit” to his program. Last year, they had 73 returned missionaries on its roster, roughly 65 percent of the team.

“We always have a lot of missionaries returning, and I can think of a lot of guys who got home in August or the end of July, and took some time to get in better shape”

Don’t forget to factor in their taxi squad…

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Such hate. This ain't the Mullen Gators anymore. You think Utah is going to have an answer for AR15?
There's getting on the new guys bandwagon and then there's pure homerism. This is an example of the latter. Utes are a legit top 10 team. It's going to take some time to wash the rot and stench off this football team. We are a very bad team with low talent, low depth, little discipline and that doesn't change over night. Forgive me if I don't believe we will be kicking down the door day 1 of season 1 under Napier. I know, I know... Nape could be the next Saban and in year 1 win it all, err... uh, I mean go 6-6 and lose to G5 at home, bc that's what Saban did.

In all seriousness, I firmly believe this was a very good hire and quite possibly the one that turns the page on 15 years of misery, but that doesn't mean I think we're beating a conf champ in the first game. I'm such a hater :rolleyes:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Depends...do you think AR15 is going to be healthy?

He has the off-season to heal, and it’s not an ACL. Also, we’ll see if CBN calls plays that favor AR-15’s skill set or if we have a square peg round hole scenario. At the very least, I doubt CBN will call plays to hamstring the guy who might prove him wrong.

Last edited:

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Any of our football junkies watching Utah? I’ve not seen them at all this season, but am taking advantage of them playing a game at a decent hour to see what we’ll face in game 1.

Also OSU LB Steele Chambers (#22) is a HS classmate of my kids. Had a chance to talk to him once; nice polite kid.
His SR year in HS, he played against Flowery Branch and fumbled twice on offense.
He was an outstanding LB and I knew when he went to Ohio, they would make the switch.
I heard the reason he chose them is because they said he could play RB. Bait & Switch

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Rising will be a problem. They got
Good backs and very good tight ends . Their receivers are very meh . It’s definitely a game you’re on the ear of the DL , backers and OL all off-season challenging their manhood . We know what’s coming . Are you tough enough to fill that gap? Take on that block and shed to go make the play. Can you knock that bastard backwards to give us a crease?

Their best backer will be gone.
Maybe even Sewell too. Our defensive front stepping up to limit and or stop the run will tell the tale in this one . Without those backers they aren’t nearly as impressive on D. The O is very good though and they are always a well
Coached bunch . Should be a good one .

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Utah will have 5 false start penalties in the first quarter when they play us!

They do not play in an environment anything like they will see in Gainesville. Florida starts the season with a win.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
There's getting on the new guys bandwagon and then there's pure homerism. This is an example of the latter. Utes are a legit top 10 team. It's going to take some time to wash the rot and stench off this football team. We are a very bad team with low talent, low depth, little discipline and that doesn't change over night. Forgive me if I don't believe we will be kicking down the door day 1 of season 1 under Napier. I know, I know... Nape could be the next Saban and in year 1 win it all, err... uh, I mean go 6-6 and lose to G5 at home, bc that's what Saban did.

In all seriousness, I firmly believe this was a very good hire and quite possibly the one that turns the page on 15 years of misery, but that doesn't mean I think we're beating a conf champ in the first game. I'm such a hater :rolleyes:
Easily the worst post you’ve ever made. Suddenly Utah are world beaters? This crappy UF team nearly beat Bama at home this year, largely due to the crowd. UF still has far more talent than this Utah squad and I’m confident will wipe the floor with them.

I know we’re beaten down, but acting like a team like Utah has a ton more talent and is going to roll into a roaring Swamp on the opening of a new era and crush us is nothing but battered fan syndrome.

The Swamp is going to be CRAZY that day. Utah won’t be able to hear a damn thing. Their hideous defense will be coming with them as well. This UF team is back. From day effing one.

Go to a battered fan rehab center.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
His SR year in HS, he played against Flowery Branch and fumbled twice on offense.
He was an outstanding LB and I knew when he went to Ohio, they would make the switch.
I heard the reason he chose them is because they said he could play RB. Bait & Switch
He played RB his freshman year and switched later, so to be fair to tOSU, they gave him a shot.

I often sat at the games with another player’s dad who had played college ball. He had watched Chambers since 6th grade and he always told me he thought Steeler’s future was on defense. Steele was a safety in HS who they would move all over the field. In the state title game he was solid at RB, but a force on defense that day.

They’ve had some solid runners the last few years. Chambers’ back up and the starter the next year was Elijah Green who is now at UNC and he was replaced by Justice Haynes who’s a top 25 recruit in next year’s class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator