Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Utah***

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Still think Utah is going to roll into the Swamp and crush us, eh?

Battered wife syndrome.
What is your problem? Ox who's arrogant? I'll pray for you...I could PM a scripture or 2...but I don't want you to ban me or have you quit...darkness hates the light.

I think UF will win that game. If UF can stay healthy...BIG IF...we could go 9-3.

I said...Utah would be FAVORED...now that may change.. I also said, "a favored Utah will do nothing but help us if we win"...again which I think we will.

And even if we lose...I see where this is going...This is UF in the early 80's 2.0

Are we clear? I like UF... the University and this coach. I think the UF Administration and the UAA...sux. And ratings mean little...Note: how the ratings are calculated and who does the ratings...Hint...Hiesman

:oxslap2:

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Are we clear?
Crystal.

f4f1aacf-7aca-44bc-b742-719a80c10a18_screenshot.jpg

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
@oxrageous

Without further ado, let’s dive into the betting lines.

Utah @ Florida​

Line: Utah -1.5

O/U: 53

Utah vs. Florida Odds​

Spread, Total, Moneyline​

MatchupOpenSpreadTotalMoneyline
Utah logo
Utah
10-4
-1.5-2-113o53.5-109-128
Florida logo
Florida
6-7
u52.5+2-110u53.5-111+104

Do I think we lose...NO. If this holds...GREAT. If we lose...They were favored. If we win...They were Pac-12 Champs who gave THE OSU all they could handle.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
From USA Today Coaches Poll that came out today:
Utah #8
UF #36

If we end up favored in the end, it'll be due to Florida fans putting the $ in.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Utah #8
UF #36

Some people live in their own heads...facts are funny things and truth is hard to swallow.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Utah #8
UF #36

Has Florida ever been that low in the pre-season coaches poll???

Well ... the players s/b plenty motivated.

Friends Tv GIF

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Utah ranked 8th :lol:

Like most of these pretenders, if they had to play a real schedule their record would reflect it. Even so, they still lost 4 games last year and lost most of their defense to graduation. I guess we're supposed to believe they'll somehow be better this year, though. Those mid to upper 30's recruiting classes loaded with 3-stars are really going to show us how to play football in The Swamp I'm sure :lmao2:

Easy money here betting on the good guys. Kickoff can't come soon enough.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Has Florida ever been that low in the pre-season coaches poll???

Well ... the players s/b plenty motivated.

Friends Tv GIF

Maybe 2015. I get that I’m biased, but that ranking is beyond dumb. We were about 3 plays away from winning 8 games last year with no coach, Grantham at DC, and Emory Jones. And two of our losses were to the NC finalists. Great example of box score glancing by national analysts.

That said, I hope it is the lowest we’ve ever been going into a season(at least in decades) and Napier uses every ounce of that, every single day in camp, to get us ready.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe 2015. I get that I’m biased, but that ranking is beyond dumb. We were about 3 plays away from winning 8 games last year with no coach, Grantham at DC, and Emory Jones. And two of our losses were to the NC finalists. Great example of box score glancing by national analysts.
I love the disrespect. I hope Napier uses it to put a chip on our shoulders. A little extra motivation to prove ourselves on the field can't hurt.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
IMO...this only helps us. This tells me.. we may not be taken seriously.

We are still UF, and there are too many rivals on our schedule for that to truly be the case. Maybe Lsu and uga could come in over confident. We’ll still be a huge game for all of the other opponents though.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Does go to show you the importance of bowl games though.

Utah didn't win, but they gave a top-ranked Ohio State team all the could handle and jumped on them early. They return a lot of offensive production and are coming off a Pac-12 Championship...so it's an "easy" pick by the coaches to just look at who they have returning and assume they'll be good again this year.

Whereas Florida's breaking in a new QB and a new coach...so most coaches aren't going to automatically assume much right away from us.

Win this game at home vs a favored Utah and we'll be ranked the next week. Win vs a ranked Kentucky right after that and we'll be in the 11-15 range and could probably stay there awhile.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The low ranking is comical and shows how people still don't understand how detrimental the coaching last season was. I think people assume that Muulen is a good coach but terrible recruiter. While he isn't a good recruiter, some assistants did bring in some talent to make us a legit top 10-15 team talent wise. But also people don't know how good Anthony Richardson is just because they assume that there was a good reason why Mullen started Emory Jones ahead of him. Well there wasn't. Richardson might be the best QB in the conference and one of the best in the nation. It's going to be fun watching a lot of people be proven wrong.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The ranking is justified. We had a losing record, fired our coach and have questions everywhere. Why would the national media think we’ll be a top team?
Now, we could have a helluva of a year IF we stay relatively healthy, protect the ball and AR plays like we hope. But those are all just IFs at this point in time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator