Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Utah***

UteManX

Banned
BANNED
Aug 29, 2022
Of course I do, but you’re lucky she’s dead, otherwise she definitely would have laughed at you.
She was moving a lot last night, in addition to your wife, but on that one, I am not sure she counts as a woman, so no I didnt say expect a lot of johnson to "it"

UteManX

Banned
BANNED
Aug 29, 2022
not concerned with altitude? Then why is the coach consulting sports science? I do agree, its not a huge amount of altitude compared to others, but 4600 feet above sea level will affect people. trust me, I used to play competitive sports, and even going from SL, UT to park city was a difference.

Napier on Utah, altitude, said research with UF sports science said it would take 10 days to get fully acclimated, said he felt best strategy, based on talking to NFL teams, is to get in and get out. #Gators
— KevinBrockwayGators (@KevinBrockwayG1) August 25, 2023

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
not concerned with altitude? Then why is the coach consulting sports science? I do agree, its not a huge amount of altitude compared to others, but 4600 feet above sea level will affect people. trust me, I used to play competitive sports, and even going from SL, UT to park city was a difference.

Napier on Utah, altitude, said research with UF sports science said it would take 10 days to get fully acclimated, said he felt best strategy, based on talking to NFL teams, is to get in and get out. #Gators
— KevinBrockwayGators (@KevinBrockwayG1) August 25, 2023
I've traveled from Jacksonville Fl to SLC then snow skiing (Alta, Park City, Snow Bird) the same day. I never died from altitude sickness. I was a much cheaper drunk though.

Altitude ... pfft.

I'm much more concerned about our young, inexperienced team vs Utahs team.

Last edited:

UteManX

Banned
BANNED
Aug 29, 2022
oh I agree with you. It really is not a huge difference, but you will see the team slow down a bit at the end of the 3rd quarter. But it clearly is a concern for your coach if he is looking into it.

Also, great to see you list Alta and Snowbird (you can ignore PC now that you've done it). Throw Snowbasin in there and you have my three favorite resorts in Utah. I just hiked mount baldy last weekend. Its a right of passage at Alta.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
oh I agree with you. It really is not a huge difference, but you will see the team slow down a bit at the end of the 3rd quarter. But it clearly is a concern for your coach if he is looking into it.

Also, great to see you list Alta and Snowbird (you can ignore PC now that you've done it). Throw Snowbasin in there and you have my three favorite resorts in Utah. I just hiked mount baldy last weekend. Its a right of passage at Alta.
Keep 'em all... I'll keep going to Wydaho.

UteManX

Banned
BANNED
Aug 29, 2022
Keep 'em all... I'll keep going to Wydaho.
Wydaho is one of my favorite places, Driggs is amazing. Grand Foggy is a bit of a pain at times in the winter, but an amazing mountain. If I were not climbing Utah's highest peak starting the day after the game, I would be heading up to Grand Targhee for the Wydaho Rendezvous mountain bike festival (its a blast if you have not been).

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's called due diligence. After consulting the sports science and NFL teams, the conclusion was... Just follow your normal routine. As in, you don't need to do anything.

Note that if you were to go from sea level to a place like Breckenridge where the base is 9,600 ft to go skiing, the experts recommend staying the night in a place like Denver first.

In this particular circumstance, disrupting the normal routine would be a bigger negative impact than the negligible effect of moderate altitude.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
L
I've traveled from Jacksonville Fl to SLC then snow skiing (Alta, Park City, Snow Bird) the same day. I never died from altitude sickness. I was a much cheaper drunk though.

Altitude ... pfft.

I'm much more concerned about our young, inexperienced team vs Utahs team.
I suspect altitude is going to be talked about for a couple days after the game.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Wydaho is one of my favorite places, Driggs is amazing. Grand Foggy is a bit of a pain at times in the winter, but an amazing mountain. If I were not climbing Utah's highest peak starting the day after the game, I would be heading up to Grand Targhee for the Wydaho Rendezvous mountain bike festival (its a blast if you have not been).
We have always gone to Grand Targhee, and nowhere else (literally, it's the only place we go to ski every year). Mainly because it has great late season snow and we don't need shopping and night life... we're there to ski. Everyone else there that time of year LIVES in Park City and comes up for the same reason.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Do you not consider your mom a woman?
Upside Down Score GIF by Frito-Lay

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Alta is also not fancy. A just there to ski without annoying snow boarders place.

UteManX

Banned
BANNED
Aug 29, 2022
We have always gone to Grand Targhee, and nowhere else (literally, it's the only place we go to ski every year). Mainly because it has great late season snow and we don't need shopping and night life... we're there to ski. Everyone else there that time of year LIVES in Park City and comes up for the same reason.
Strange place for park city people To travel to get a longer season when the cottonwood canyons have more snow than targhee And longer seasons, but then again park city is Texas and California transplants, so we can’t expect them to be too bright.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Strange place for park city people To travel to get a longer season when the cottonwood canyons have more snow than targhee And longer seasons, but then again park city is Texas and California transplants, so we can’t expect them to be too bright.
These aren't transplants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.