Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Utah***

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
You’ve not been recently. The new lodges are pretty fancy.
I had a trip all booked in Feb but, my luck, it was the weekend of that massive storm and my flight was cancelled. I couldn't get there in the window I had off to go.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just don’t see Rising being a factor until October at the earliest, unless he doesn’t last that long.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I had a trip all booked in Feb but, my luck, it was the weekend of that massive storm and my flight was cancelled. I couldn't get there in the window I had off to go.

You should’ve called me. You could’ve joined me snowboarding in March.

*edit: woops, scratch that. Just read your comment on the previous page.

jbaker07

Oct 15, 2017
Utah just dropped their week one depth chart and Rising and Kuithe are listed as QB 1 and TE 1.
I was surprised to see both those guys were listed as the starters for their respective positions. So I did some quick looking and found list quote from a Utah news station enlightening "As expected, Cam Rising is listed as the QB1. Only players with season-ending injuries are typically left off of the depth chart. So. an appearance from Rising doesn’t mean he will start in week one."

Link to the website

I don't know much about Kuithe's injury, but I would be surprised if Rising is in fact the starter. The last I saw he still not been cleared by his doctor to practice, but I guess we will find on this Thursday.

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
Woeful?
Suspicious Ferris Buellers Day Off GIF by MOODMAN

HotVeneratedElk-size_restricted.gif

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I was surprised to see both those guys were listed as the starters for their respective positions. So I did some quick looking and found list quote from a Utah news station enlightening "As expected, Cam Rising is listed as the QB1. Only players with season-ending injuries are typically left off of the depth chart. So. an appearance from Rising doesn’t mean he will start in week one."

Link to the website

I don't know much about Kuithe's injury, but I would be surprised if Rising is in fact the starter. The last I saw he still not been cleared by his doctor to practice, but I guess we will find on this Thursday.
Who cares… someone needs to punch him in the dick on the first series

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I desperately hope they throw Rising out there. We'll beat his brains in.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
not concerned with altitude? Then why is the coach consulting sports science? I do agree, its not a huge amount of altitude compared to others, but 4600 feet above sea level will affect people. trust me, I used to play competitive sports, and even going from SL, UT to park city was a difference.

Napier on Utah, altitude, said research with UF sports science said it would take 10 days to get fully acclimated, said he felt best strategy, based on talking to NFL teams, is to get in and get out. #Gators
— KevinBrockwayGators (@KevinBrockwayG1) August 25, 2023
Park City is 7,000’, 2,400 above SLC. That’s a huge jump in effect, much more than going from 200-4,600. It’s a big issue there. And, of course, if you’re skiing or hiking you’re going up from there. 4,600 isn’t technically high altitude or even quite moderately high (5,000).

As you probably know, our eastern mountains aren’t nearly so high as yours (the highest, Mt. Mitchell is 6,684’). I’ve done a lot of hiking and backpacking in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park & never noticed any altitude issues. No one even mentions it.

They’ll manage rotations as needed. The low humidity will require the trainers to watch hydration differently, too. The bigger road issue is your home crowd and your team. Our guys will find your stadium is small by SEC standards but your crowd will be intense and your tough, veteran team energized by them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.