Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Utah***

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Where's all the billy ball swingers tonight? Don't seem to see any of them around. Wonder why that could be.

They do seem to disappear after games like these. I drank the pre-season Kool-aid as well on this game. Huge mistake. I picked 7 wins this year, hard to see with this coaching staff. I do think the talent is better, but with sh!t coaching, what does it matter?

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Biggest mistake was making the spring game a nationally televised event. Once opposing defenses regained their composure and wiped the tears from their laughing eyes, it was basically sell out and they’ll have no answer. That will be the recipe.
You and I commented on the Mertz underthrows all spring and summer videos. It cost us an easy AND QUICK TD when we needed it tonight on the Pearsall blown coverage pass. Yet some here think Mertz played well.

Shemar James played well. Searcy played well. Pearsall played well. Then maybe 4-5 guys that were meh. The rest was mostly bad, including the entire OL and most WRs.

Later, when the freshmen are performing we may pull our hair out for not playing them tonight.

Felt Mullenesque on who was on fhe field when we needed a come back. It was like, “I’ll show you we can win with having Hanson and Odom and Fraziers as receivers in hurry up time. We’ll trick em with that bc roiling I swear.”

It’s stunning we have the possible talent and speed advantage over their DBs we walked onto the field tonight and left them on the sideline all game or threw routes to Wilson behind the line 3 times.

That leaves out the game deciding screen tk Douglas. Billy is lucky the pass was knocked down so we didn’t see that atrocious call fully play itself out.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You and I commented on the Mertz underthrows all spring and summer videos. It cost us an easy AND QUICK TD when we needed it tonight on the Pearsall blown coverage pass. Yet some here think Mertz played well.

Shemar James played well. Searcy played well. Pearsall played well. Then maybe 4-5 guys that were meh. The rest was mostly bad, including the entire OL and most WRs.

Later, when the freshmen are performing we may pull our hair out for not playing them tonight.

Felt Mullenesque on who was on fhe field when we needed a come back. It was like, “I’ll show you we can win with having Hanson and Odom and Fraziers as receivers in hurry up time. We’ll trick em with that bc roiling I swear.”

It’s stunning we have the possible talent and speed advantage over their DBs we walked onto the field tonight and left them on the sideline all game or threw routes to Wilson behind the line 3 times.

That leaves out the game deciding screen tk Douglas. Billy is lucky the pass was knocked down so we didn’t see that atrocious call fully play itself out.

I’m just increasingly convinced he’s in way over his head and just plays it off by looking and sounding cool, calm and collected. Too many things, little things don’t make sense. Having Jackson as the starter in the depth chart. The 2TE nonsense. The TO before half to field a punt inside our own 10. The 2 point decision. He doesn’t appear to have it upstairs, especially in critical times.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I’m just increasingly convinced he’s in way over his head and just plays it off by looking and sounding cool, calm and collected. Too many things, little things don’t make sense. Having Jackson as the starter in the depth chart. The 2TE nonsense. The TO before half to field a punt inside our own 10. The 2 point decision. He doesn’t appear to have it upstairs, especially in critical times.
Glad we kept all those timeouts in our pocket when running that 6 minute drill to end the game. That certainly seemed to carry over from last year's school of clock (mis)management.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Doesn’t appear to have it upstairs ? The guy is a complete moron and borderline muschamp 2.0 in terms of stupidity and offensive ineptitude. It’s hard to envision a scenario by even the biggest pumper where year 3 is justified .

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I’ll say this. Last year’s Utah game meant nothing for either team. This year has the potential to be the same. Defend the Swamp, as unlikely as that would appear to be, and improve with the Fr/Sophs along the way throughout the year and maybe give Gator Nation something to believe in. Take every bit of that gameplan and burn it to the ground, with all options on the table. Who knows, maybe things get better. I know this much. I’ll never watch another Napier coached UF team whilst not drinking. This was torture.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I think the TO before half was called to prevent them from running the clock to like 3 seconds and attempting a hail mary I think.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
It's over. Simple as that. Hope for a 1/2 win season so admin are forced to pull the trigger on him and Scott....either that or he will get another year to bury this program.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Mertz just said we were able to “dink and dunk it down field”

This is the problem with blaming all of the offsides and dumb penalties. We had a talent advantage but played in a way that requires perfection. We had one pass that k can recall completed more than 19-12 yards downfield. 80% or more were likely 7 yards or less. You can’t afford a farting penalty i that type of offense.

Related, we got the ball with 6 minutes to go and down 13 (why 13, I have no clue) and I mentioned that this was a perfect time for another 6 minute drive like we had the prior drive. We didn’t fully get there because we turned it over after burning 4.5 minutes with 20+ yards to go while running out two giant slow TEs the entire drive. That is a losing formula at that point in the game. Period.

Again, Whit had to be laughing as Ox was counting how much money he could steal from the pickem challenge to buy prostitutes.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
What a shyyt show. This staff is in wayyyyy over their heads. How they could look so crappy in year 2 of this regime is puzzling. We were handled easily going against their backup QB. This has the makings of a long year with Sun Belt Billy running the show.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
It's over. Simple as that. Hope for a 1/2 win season so admin are forced to pull the trigger on him and Scott....either that or he will get another year to bury this program.
Unfortunately, we are buried already. Any more dirt piled on at this point just helps find the gravesite.

Joking aside, this is the early 2011 moment or early 2015 when you simply know this isn’t going to work. The only possible exit k see is Billly stops being OC and hires really well. I don’t have realistic hope. It’s like the hook and ladder at the end of a half. It won’t work 49 out of 50 times, but it’s still the only shot you’ve got.

Ironically, I could see us beating UT and some other meh SEC teams causing Billy excuse syndrome to kick in across much of Gator nation. I’ve seen enough of very scared money calling plays already.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I think the TO before half was called to prevent them from running the clock to like 3 seconds and attempting a hail mary I think.

That’s just it though. There’s always a reason why he does these things, because there’s always some odd explanation of what could be. Last year Mizzou was having to rush out their FG unit with no TO and the half expiring and would’ve had almost no time to really get settled. Instead Napier calls a TO with the rationale(afterward) being he was afraid they might try a fake. They barely had time to get a snap off and that was the only help we had given the very makeable kick. Play safe and watch for the fake. Just don’t give them a guaranteed 3.

It’s always something so dumb that it boggles the mind. Then he explains it as if we’re somehow wrong. Maddening.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Unfortunately, we are buried already. Any more dirt piled on at this point just helps find the gravesite.

Joking aside, this is the early 2011 moment or early 2015 when you simply know this isn’t going to work. The only possible exit k see is Billly stops being OC and hires really well. I don’t have realistic hope. It’s like the hook and ladder at the end of a half. It won’t work 49 out of 50 times, but it’s still the only shot you’ve got.

Ironically, I could see us beating UT and some other meh SEC teams causing Billy excuse syndrome to kick in across much of Gator nation. I’ve seen enough of very scared money calling plays already.

Our money is terrified, and quite possibly Iraqi Dinar.

Except on 2 pt conversions that don’t solve much but are apparently necessary because Stan the Caddy say it’s the right play.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Exactly, Let's just take a knee before the half, and take 35 seconds to get every play off while we're down three scores, but hey, Let's go for the 2 pointer because...well...er...um.....because 11 looks better than 10??

Well, you know, the card says you go for 2 in that scenario….

/sarc

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator