Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Utah***

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
and if you noticed in the first half when we moved it a bit, it was with tempo. It just... stopped. I just don't understand what Napier's plan is.

No one does. But without a major improvement on game days the next 11 weeks his one saving grace is not going to be there. I’ve said many times, college football comes at you fast. His insistence on being OC and QB coach, when it clearly didn’t work last year, is no different than the OC situation under Muschamp, the recruiting situation under McElwain, or the plethora of stupid decisions from Mullen. It will be his death sentence, but we will also be paying him tens of millions.

How fun it must be to come home from work, have your wife ask you how it went that day, tell her it isn’t going well at all, and then laugh at how it really doesn’t matter because they’re going to pay you even if you’re fired.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
No one does. But without a major improvement on game days the next 11 weeks his one saving grace is not going to be there. I’ve said many times, college football comes at you fast. His insistence on being OC and QB coach, when it clearly didn’t work last year, is no different than the OC situation under Muschamp, the recruiting situation under McElwain, or the plethora of stupid decisions from Mullen. It will be his death sentence, but we will also be paying him tens of millions.

How fun it must be to come home from work, have your wife ask you how it went that day, tell her it isn’t going well at all, and then laugh at how it really doesn’t matter because they’re going to pay you even if you’re fired.
Yep, It's gonna be a long two years with Napier.
I was completely embarrassed by our keystone cops performance tonight.
But, there's going to be a lot more embarrassment over the next two years.

Damn

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Should have done so many things differently but played the game exactly like he did last year.

We need an O coordinator

Too late. This is his show. Not playing this stupid “oh, sorry I guess that didn’t work, give me two more years to try this instead” approach. This is how he wanted to play it, and he needs to own it.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

This, a million times

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mertz is garbage.

Pathetic arm.
Pathetic time management.
Pathetic reads.
Pathetic decision making.

We just lost to a 3rd string QB and one without their top TE or C. Lost a few key players in-game.

And still got our ass kicked.

A piss-poor game for Florida.
It was a muschamp type game. Where the other team doesn’t have to do **** on offense in an entire half because they know you can’t score or you’ll end up ducking yourself with a stupid penalty or mental mistake on any drive that exceed six plays . We are certainly poorly coached but are a mentally soft team primarily because the players have leaned the game from an idiot .

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
11 points tonight. 3 last game. Against trash pac12 teams. 6 mill and 150 person support staff for this garbage.

And yea, you're goddang right I'll say it. Mullen would have won this game easily.

Grumbler

Lifetime Member
Nov 24, 2017
Paid him generational money, but what are you gonna do, everybody was after this guy, especially LSU... had to pay whatever it took before they snagged him. /s Competed only against ourselves.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Paid him generational money, but what are you gonna do, everybody was after this guy, especially LSU... had to pay whatever it took before they snagged him. /s Competed only against ourselves.

Oh I get it. This is a college football problem. Not necessarily a UF problem. It just baffles me that these athletic directors can’t put some type of verbiage in that if you knowingly do something that makes zero sense and it fails, there’s some sort of recourse. It might actually change some of this ridiculous not since we’ve seen here and elsewhere.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
If we're gonna run that stupid screen play on 4th and 14, why not throw it to number 3 at least. That kid needs the ball a ton

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
31 - 44 for 333. 1 TD and 1 interception (that Pearsall tipped). Behind that O line was a pretty good performance. Not his fault the O line and Slings play calling are terrible.
Let's put it this way. Mertz doesn't need to be any where NEAR #15. What a joke....

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Oh I get it. This is a college football problem. Not necessarily a UF problem. It just baffles me that these athletic directors can’t put some type of verbiage in that if you knowingly do something that makes zero sense and it fails, there’s some sort of recourse. It might actually change some of this ridiculous not since we’ve seen here and elsewhere.
Agree and I'll take it a step further. Hold them accountable in press conferences. Make them say it. "What did you expect on that 4th and 14 play? Why did the team look flat." "Why are we not seeing improvement ?" Hold them accountable so at least another team knows his philosophy is stupid and he can't work anywhere else. No coach speak will be printed, we let them off easy by accepting that crap.

if I goof at my job I have to explain it, I can't just be like, "hey I never gave up!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator