***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Vanderbilt***

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Mullen is an actor, performing to whatever he thinks the papers are saying about him. He's not making any common-sense changes, like taking the shackles off AR15. Even in the rare case where he puts AR15 in he's commanding him to be a statue in the pocket and do nothing. The team remains serviceable, pretty good but not good enough to bring home any kind of hardware. The portal will keep us there in spite of his lazy-azz, sh!t recruiting. That's not in Danny's list of things to do today. Happy to be coach of a mediocre team with a great vacation package.

We're stuck with this perennial loser until we get fed up enough to stop giving him raises and cut him loose. Until then, here we are.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We beat that rare team whose defense allows several WRs to run curls, face the QB, and wait for the pokey pass to catch it. I saw too few WRs hit in stride. Didn't see crisp blocking that would allow a very strong RB attack. Wasn't that a defenseless team we scored "at-will" on.? No wonder in that halftime interview Mullen seemed to discharge as a "take-charge" HC. When our players see that interview will they not think: "Oh that's what a real coach's attitude is.?" :cool:

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Here it is 9-3 is the Gator Standard...

They take 4 years, two of which were transition years where the coach was broken off in season or knew they were not going to I be retained. So that's an apples to apples comparison.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
They take 4 years, two of which were transition years where the coach was broken off in season or knew they were not going to I be retained. So that's an apples to apples comparison.

Exactly. Just like the guy whining on Twitter right now about how EJ is unquestioned starter and not limited at all. He was going back and forth with the dude and so I finally stepped in with some stats. Of course it jump to the "he didn't spot Bama 18 or false start against Kentucky". Then I had to tell him about EJ leading SEC in picks, including one setting up a Bama TD for the 18, him stalling drives early against Bama, and that he is just limited and it is ok to say so. And I threw in my judging anything by this performance is like all the people saying hire Randy Shannon after the UAB game.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
My guilty pleasure is listening to the Steve Russell post game call in show. Russell is a miserable prick who doesn't even bother to contain his disdain for callers. I swear the man hates his job. It's delicious. Last night there were a lot of delusional callers still towing the party line. But what was truly frustrating was Russell defending EJ.

"You have to understand it's only his 6th start". OMG, EJ has been in the program for what 5-6 years? And the QB whisperer was inserting him into the middle of games the whole time. WTF good was that? If that didn't prepare him then why the hell interrupt game flow? It's maddening that <name soon to be redacted> rotates QBs like that.

And second he repeatedly claimed that EJ was getting better. Granted maybe from game 1 to game 3. But I've seen no improvement since then. He throws a pass like he's tossing the ball to a child. He pats the ball regardless of the situation. He throws flat footed or off his back foot. Under throws what would be sure TD's if he led the receiver, and his progression maxes out at 2. He has hit his ceiling.

As to playing AR well you know, the coaches know best.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
My guilty pleasure is listening to the Steve Russell post game call in show. Russell is a miserable prick who doesn't even bother to contain his disdain for callers. I swear the man hates his job. It's delicious. Last night there were a lot of delusional callers still towing the party line. But what was truly frustrating was Russell defending EJ.

"You have to understand it's only his 6th start". OMG, EJ has been in the program for what 5-6 years? And the QB whisperer was inserting him into the middle of games the whole time. WTF good was that? If that didn't prepare him then why the hell interrupt game flow? It's maddening that <name soon to be redacted> rotates QBs like that.

And second he repeatedly claimed that EJ was getting better. Granted maybe from game 1 to game 3. But I've seen no improvement since then. He throws a pass like he's tossing the ball to a child. He pats the ball regardless of the situation. He throws flat footed or off his back foot. Under throws what would be sure TD's if he led the receiver, and his progression maxes out at 2. He has hit his ceiling.

How many starts has that tAMu qb had that lit Bama’s asses up last night? And isn’t he a freshman?

Right.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I honestly don’t know how you can stand to listen to that slurping homer. The few times I listened to him I halfway expected to hear an Associate AD whispering talking points to him. Completely worthless to listen to unless you are employed by the UAA.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I honestly don’t know how you can stand to listen to that slurping homer. The few times I listened to him I halfway expected to hear an Associate AD whispering talking points to him. Completely worthless to listen to unless you are employed by the UAA.
It's his unbridled disdain for callers and apparent hatred for his job. I picture him after each show with a bottle of whiskey and a revolver with one in a chamber.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
It's his unbridled disdain for callers and apparent hatred for his job. I picture him after each show with a bottle of whiskey and a revolver with one in a chamber.

Was a guilty pleasure of mine, just like in 2017 I liked to piss him off weekly with tweets to his weekday show. I've talked about his rant at me asking how many 100+ ranked offenses are acceptable, but there were several more I don't remember them all right now. But only one got put into a promo.

I also called once, after Bama 2014 on my drive from Tuscaloosa back to our hotel in Montgomery, and asked him who knows more about offense Emmitt Smith or Will Muschamp (Emmitt had tweeted he had seen enough of Driskel after Driskel missed the upteenth open deep route that day). Steve stuttered and came to the conclusion of something to the effect of "Emmitt Smith doesn't know all of the details of the practices and this offense". This is of course, another non-answer which is always a lot of fun to get out of him. He does this a lot post-game. After FAU he did this when people mentioned the forcing of the ball to Willie Jackson's grandson and he couldn't account for it and just kept leaning on the crutch of completion percentage.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Was a guilty pleasure of mine, just like in 2017 I liked to piss him off weekly with tweets to his weekday show. I've talked about his rant at me asking how many 100+ ranked offenses are acceptable, but there were several more I don't remember them all right now. But only one got put into a promo.

I also called once, after Bama 2014 on my drive from Tuscaloosa back to our hotel in Montgomery, and asked him who knows more about offense Emmitt Smith or Will Muschamp (Emmitt had tweeted he had seen enough of Driskel after Driskel missed the upteenth open deep route that day). Steve stuttered and came to the conclusion of something to the effect of "Emmitt Smith doesn't know all of the details of the practices and this offense". This is of course, another non-answer which is always a lot of fun to get out of him. He does this a lot post-game. After FAU he did this when people mentioned the forcing of the ball to Willie Jackson's grandson and he couldn't account for it and just kept leaning on the crutch of completion percentage.

Yep. He leaned on that a lot last night with regards to AR.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

They also conveniently issue this data now. There’s a very real chance we lose 3 more games this season, and then a bowl game. If that happened, we’d be right at 70% after the fourth full year, which would be much closer to apples/apples(still not perfect for the reasons you provided by closer).

That scenario is not terribly likely, but it’s certainly not out of the question. So issue the data now before that becomes a possibility. Mid season or arbitrary timeline data is almost always used to make a point rather than simply present facts.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
As if it hasn't been established there are practice players and gamers. Weren't both Danny and Tebow known as bad practice players?
Danny fer sure. Tebow probably wasn't impressive eaither since he couldn't run people over. That's a whole 'nother pet peeve. Some guys are practice warriors. EJ is supposedly awesome in the film room. And some guys are gamers. The ole ball coach had no problem throwing his QBs in a game to test their mettle. Of course he called the same plays regardless.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
How many starts has that tAMu qb had that lit Bama’s asses up last night? And isn’t he a freshman?

Right.
Calzada is in his third year. I have no idea where he is eligibility wise. If he redshirted his first year and Covid doesn’t count, then he could be a redshirt Freshman I suppose.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The game sucked about as much as I thought it would. Both QB’s looked like ass.

Looking like ass and smelling like ass are two different things............. Which is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.