OFFICIAL: Jim McElwain is new UF football coach

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
Just seemed silly to continue the other speculative thread.. it's being reported everywhere. We've got a coach.

As Ox might say... discuss.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
In first again!

EDIT: This one was to the second thread about the hire. It was late to the dance and didn't say "Official" so it has now been merged out of personal identity.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Moving my post from the other thread....

Happy with the hire. He's definitely among the better options out there. There's a bit of wait-and-see if we'll make it to the promised land. That said, Dooley had a rare nugget on this one:
This was the most expensive transition in the school’s athletic history. Florida spent a lot of hard cash to go from an SEC coach with a 28-21 record to a Mountain West coach with a 22-16 record
Puts it in perspective. Foley knows he had to get this one right or it's the last decision about what happens in Ben Hill Griffin he makes. UF is in for BIG money on this transition and there's not a lot of wiggle room if 2-3 years from now we realize we got another dud.

All that said, "GO GATORS!! THEY CAN LAUNCH THE ORION IN CELEBRATION NOW!"

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Expect a press conference tomorrow at noon.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
So how many people look like fools now after the last 24 hours and all the buyout talk. Someone on here posted they was giving JM a chance to tell the csu team 1st and I believe that's what the one day wait was for.

Crunchtime

Sep 18, 2014
Well, the truth is I don't post much at all because less is more. I only comment when I have something on my heart and lately there just have not been a lot of positive things to say about Gator football. HOWEVER, while I believe there were better choices and this was a bit rushed for my liking I would like to welcome Coach McElwain to Gainesville and Gator Nation. Reservations aside, I am excited to be moving in a new direction and hope the FUN returns to the Swamp in short order. I don't expect perfection but I would like to have some fun again and I hope we are on the way back to that now. Probably won't post again for a while and for some of you that hate me....you are welcome.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n124590 said:
Expect a press conference tomorrow at noon.

Can we trust this guy and his sources? :fingertap::dance:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:lol: Foley masterfully implementing the takeaway close. Those that didn't want him before definitely do now.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Mudd;n124592 said:
So how many people look like fools now after the last 24 hours and all the buyout talk. Someone on here posted they was giving JM a chance to tell the csu team 1st and I believe that's what the one day wait was for.

That is all it was. The buyout was agreed to yesterday. The rest was all media nonsense.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Crunchtime;n124593 said:
Well, the truth is I don't post much at all because less is more. I only comment when I have something on my heart and lately there just have not been a lot of positive things to say about Gator football. HOWEVER, while I believe there were better choices and this was a bit rushed for my liking I would like to welcome Coach McElwain to Gainesville and Gator Nation. Reservations aside, I am excited to be moving in a new direction and hope the FUN returns to the Swamp in short order. I don't expect perfection but I would like to have some fun again and I hope we are on the way back to that now. Probably won't post again for a while and for some of you that hate me....you are welcome.

In before the merge

BoomTown

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Crunch, no hate. Just all "family love" around here...even for our drunken uncles with their a$$ crack hanging out (you know who you are). Joint the feast and stay for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator