OFFICIAL: Jim McElwain is new UF football coach

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
PaulDrake;n126034 said:
If you read up on him and look at each stop he's made he devises the offense around the talent not the other way around us.

I thought Kurt roper did this as well?

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
It's nice that a lot of analysts think it's a great hire. It seems like the more the analyst actually knows about football, the better reviews he has.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Didn't know much about Jim McElwain when his name came up for consideration of the UF job. Spent a little bit of time reading up on him and listening to some videos of him speaking. Listened to several of the interviews he gave to the press when he was the offensive coordinator at the University of Alabama. This guy is impressive. I don't think Foley could have done a better job in selecting a new coach than in hiring Jim McElwain. He is very down to earth, humble yet confident, and has a sense of humor. He has a way about him that appears to be laid back but intense at the same time. Just an unusual combination. I like the way he laughs and his self-effacing nature. Knows what it takes to win. Someone asked him about what is your ideal offense. McElwain's answer was the offense that gets you to 13-0 is the ideal offense. Another words, there is more than one way to skin a cat. Seems like a winner to me.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Okeechobee Joe;n126072 said:
Didn't know much about Jim McElwain when his name came up for consideration of the UF job. Spent a little bit of time reading up on him and listening to some videos of him speaking. Listened to several of the interviews he gave to the press when he was the offensive coordinator at the University of Alabama. This guy is impressive. I don't think Foley could have done a better job in selecting a new coach than in hiring Jim McElwain. He is very down to earth, humble yet confident, and has a sense of humor. He has a way about him that appears to be laid back but intense at the same time. Just an unusual combination. I like the way he laughs and his self-effacing nature. Knows what it takes to win. Someone asked him about what is your ideal offense. McElwain's answer was the offense that gets you to 13-0 is the ideal offense. Another words, there is more than one way to skin a cat. Seems like a winner to me.

Yeah, but he's no Lane Kiffin. :dance2:

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Okeechobee Joe;n126076 said:
You study. You read. You learn. You move on.

Just yankin' your chain, bruddah.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Okeechobee Joe;n126103 said:
[youtube]RnzzPO-KaO0[/youtube]

"I like people."
I can say this, just from watching this short clip it's going to be nice to at least have a coach with a personality again. Watching Muschamp press conferences was as painful as trips to the dentist, whether we won or lost.

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Okeechobee Joe;n126103 said:
[youtube]RnzzPO-KaO0[/youtube]

"I like people."

Looks like someone got into the nitrous oxide.

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Okeechobee Joe;n126199 said:
Must have got it from his dentist.

Heyooooooooooo.... :rimshot:

RomanGator

Dec 1, 2014
Folks,
Did I miss it, or is there a chance some of his recruits come with him, Meyer took along a QB that was a dud in the extreme. I kinda doubt many of those western guys would ever get a scolly in the SEC though. I must wonder how many playes here will listen to him and take their act elsewhere, and it often hapens too. When is signing day this year anyway>
Bayergator

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That clip shows me a breath of fresh air with JM. WM's pressers would actually make you feel like you just slammed your hand in the car door.

RomanGator

Dec 1, 2014
Well Tn, at least thats a good start, I don t know who gave worse pressers, Zool or Chump.
Have a great day in icey, snowy Tenn, just like where I am
Bayergator

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I hope never again to hear:

Coach why did we only score 16 points again?

Well, the offense needs some work, that's on me. However, we got caught in a disguise on that big play and our safety executed a 22 eagle flim flam on a dig route when he should have maintained leverage and been more disciplined with his eyes. But we did put ourselves in a position to win, we just need to overcome the adversity on the field. Do you even know what a midline is?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bayergator;n126286 said:
Folks,
Did I miss it, or is there a chance some of his recruits come with him, Meyer took along a QB that was a dud in the extreme. I kinda doubt many of those western guys would ever get a scolly in the SEC though.
There is no one we want. A TE is the only name I've heard and he wasn't really committed to CSU.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Law98gator;n126397 said:
I hope never again to hear:

Coach why did we only score 16 points again?

Well, the offense needs some work, that's on me. However, we got caught in a disguise on that big play and this doesn't mean anything to you, but our safety executed a 22 eagle flim flam on a dig route when he should have maintained leverage and been more disciplined with his eyes. But we did put ourselves in a position to win, we just need to overcome the adversity on the field. Do you even know what a midline is?

FIFY

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
As long as he is laughing like that because we're winning... I'm good. Not so much if you're stagnating me at 9-3 and 8-4. As stated before, it's nice to see a human personality in a Coach versus the ex-bewildered zombie of micromanagement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.