Not open for further replies.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Born2beagator;n173651 said:
I don't have an excuse. I just find it rather petty that some of you fixate on me, when I am certainly not the only one railing on this underachieving team.

I'll root how I want to, if you don't like it, ignore it. When this team starts playing like a real basketball team, I'll treat them like one. Like I said, I'm a much different fan than I am a coach. I'm allowed to lay into a team I don't coach. I know plenty about basketball, and I can see that this is a team that can surprise someone when they have a really good night. That is about it. Not acceptable at Florida. I thought there would be a dropoff from last year, but there is no excuse for this much of a dropoff.

Who's making excuses? We just aren't a good team. Why repeat it in every single game thread?

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
GatorStompin';n173652 said:
I really don't get the medias absession with this UK team, and Calipari in general...

What's so amazing about having an undefeated team, when you have a two deep roster of All Americans, a coach who gives two ****s about academics, a less than mediocre university academically to begin with, and a fan base full of inbreds that have nothing to live for other than college basketball?

Name brand is EVERYTHING to the media.

I miss the Gilispee (sp?) years. Basketball was so much more fun to watch without Kentucky in the picture

cornbread

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
the first time they lose, he will say we are playing freshmen and sophs, can't stand the guy

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
MJMGator;n173655 said:
Who's making excuses? We just aren't a good team. Why repeat it in every single game thread?
Because I am venting. It's unwatchable basketball. Kudos to our fans that sit through that crap in person. Although I'd be there torturing myself to if it wasn't 4 hours away...

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Born2beagator;n173653 said:
So I should just put lipstick on this pig instead? It'll still be a pig

How about come back next year?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Born2beagator;n173645 said:
I'll root how I want to, thank you much. The gators don't deserve to be praised this season. They played lights out in the first half. They couldn't play a full game, as per usual. I do not care about moral victories. No one will remember how Florida lost a close game. Just that they lost. You are what your record says you are. and ours says that we are an NIT team...hopefully
I am betting that full game would have been differently had our best player pretty much only outside threat (who was lighting it up in the first half) could have played in the second half,
But I guess that meant nothing and they just sucked. Injuries have screwed this team up all year and did again tonite. But of course the bottom line is W and Ls for some people. I look at the entire body of work and all the things that can affect it. It had to be a rebuilding year losing so much experience. Then Walker is nothing like we thought. As someone said poor shooting and FT shooting has lost a few game (tonite included). Call them what you want but I dont see any losers out there and no quitters......just lots of young guys (and four transfers) trying to meld. Im sure you are a good guy and love BB but this aint the NBA it is our gators and the bar is so high now that this is the pits for those that have only known billy ball mostly

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
stephenPE;n173662 said:
I am betting that full game would have been differently had our best player pretty much only outside threat (who was lighting it up in the first half) could have played in the second half,
But I guess that meant nothing and they just sucked. Injuries have screwed this team up all year and did again tonite. But of course the bottom line is W and Ls for some people. I look at the entire body of work and all the things that can affect it. It had to be a rebuilding year losing so much experience. Then Walker is nothing like we thought. As someone said poor shooting and FT shooting has lost a few game (tonite included). Call them what you want but I dont see any losers out there and no quitters......just lots of young guys (and four transfers) trying to meld. Im sure you are a good guy and love BB but this aint the NBA it is our gators and the bar is so high now that this is the pits for those that have only known billy ball mostly

It's the pits for any team that expects to be in the tournament this year. A lot of gator records are going to end this year, and that's hard to take for me.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Born2beagator;n173665 said:
Because I like torture.

Just because YOU like it, do you have to torture the rest of us?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
When you have to tell multiple people to ignore you, you know you're insufferable.

Great effort tonight, but we just aren't talented enough this year. We will be much improved next year no doubt. Brighter days ahead

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Born2beagator;n173664 said:
It's the pits for any team that expects to be in the tournament this year. A lot of gator records are going to end this year, and that's hard to take for me.

It's just a game bro. So is football. Have a little perspective for once. Go tuck your kids into bed, bang your wife whatever you need to do. Actually for you it's probably tucking your mother in and cranking one out in the basement with your headphones on but the point is still the same.

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
Just make your free throws; at least 80 % of the time and it's a different outcome...

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
"Horford,..Horford,..paging Al Horford.."

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
MatthewM.;n173716 said:
It's just a game bro. So is football. Have a little perspective for once. Go tuck your kids into bed, bang your wife whatever you need to do. Actually for you it's probably tucking your mother in and cranking one out in the basement with your headphones on but the point is still the same.

I love how everyone thinks they know who I am as a person. I'm 26 with a job. Back off jerkwad

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
In the words of CatMania, Cauley-Stein was up in our behinds.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Born2beagator;n173764 said:
I love how everyone thinks they know who I am as a person. I'm 26 with a job. Back off jerkwad

I'm 26, im a man. Gator BBall is usually a source of frustration and had been since 2007

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, this one went down the tubes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays