Gator Basketball ***Official Offseason Thread BBALL*** Top 50 Overall Guard Alex Lloyd Commits

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I would add that Chinyelu has a little more polish to his offensive game with a ton of room to grow. Handlogten didn't.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
although i hated seeing the kid get hurt, not having handlotion moving forward is a positive in my opinion. he just wasnt good. too soft, too slow, couldnt score. would prefer to try something else at this point.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
King Kong Movie GIF

Gonna wreak havoc.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Chinyelu's stats. He only averaged by 14 minutes a game. FG% is great, but hopefully he never gets fouled. If he can be an 8 and 8 and 1.5-2 blocks a game that would be solid.

GPMINFG%3P%FT%REBASTBLKSTLPFTOPTS

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
View attachment 69332

Portal God Todd strikes again.

One solid PG and 3 and D SF to go.
I'm not sure we take another wing unless Richard leaves. Unless it's a guy that's willing to sit. I just don't see a ton of minutes to offer there. I know there's a need there for but haven't seen us pursuing any real hard.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Portal info:

1. What's going on at PG? Initially, our guy was Pegues. We really liked him. But, he didn't have the grades. He ended up having to cancel his visit and he committed to Auburn. That comes straight from the Florida Basketball Hour guys as well as Rudner. They are usually dialed in. So, I'm taking their word for it. Where they go now, I'm not sure. I haven't seen any names mentioned.

2. Alijah Martin (FAU). He wants to play more PG. The staff has serious concerns whether he could and has backed off. He was never a primary or even secondary ball-handler at FAU.

3. Samuels was a good player, but the staff viewed him as a C- defender. They view Alexis as an A. The stafff was also disappointed in Handlogten's defense. They view Chinyelu as as upgrade there too. However, Chinyelu is viewed as a sort of boom or bust pick.

Non portal news, Micah might return in December.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Portal info:

1. What's going on at PG? Initially, our guy was Pegues. We really liked him. But, he didn't have the grades. He ended up having to cancel his visit and he committed to Auburn. That comes straight from the Florida Basketball Hour guys as well as Rudner. They are usually dialed in. So, I'm taking their word for it. Where they go now, I'm not sure. I haven't seen any names mentioned.

2. Alijah Martin (FAU). He wants to play more PG. The staff has serious concerns whether he could and has backed off. He was never a primary or even secondary ball-handler at FAU.

3. Samuels was a good player, but the staff viewed him as a C- defender. They view Alexis as an A. The stafff was also disappointed in Handlogten's defense. They view Chinyelu as as upgrade there too. However, Chinyelu is viewed as a sort of boom or bust pick.

We need a point guard badly.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Portal info:

I'm glad to hear we backed off on Martin as a pg. Would be great pick up but not to initiate our offense. I haven't really heard anything as far as guys that we're pursuing at guard. Have you?

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I'm glad to hear we backed off on Martin as a pg. Would be great pick up but not to initiate our offense. I haven't really heard anything as far as guys that we're pursuing at guard. Have you?
Outstanding guards keep entering the portal. But, it will take time. Right now, our starting point is Aberdeen. lol

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
We need a point guard badly.

Well, it's a little known secret I never played basketball in college (nor any other time) AND I never turned pro after graduation. With all that eligibility left, I'm willing to take the court for UF, as I like Golden and what he's doing. Now, if they are ready for a 54 yo, short, balding, overweight PG that can sprint ... er, jog, ... ok, walk, the court length at least 3-4 times per game, I'm their man. I'll wait to hear from them about my NIL.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The article says he doesn't get beat off the dribble much and is smart team defender. I like that golden goes after bigger guards

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.