Gator Basketball ***Official Offseason Thread BBALL*** Top 50 Overall Guard Alex Lloyd Commits

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

@maheo30 @t-gator

drake zac GIF

Major League Soccer Thank You GIF by NYCFC

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Great player, not sure how he fits if Clayton and Richard are coming back

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Great player, not sure how he fits if Clayton and Richard are coming back
I think this is more about not trusting Aberdeen. Plus, this kid is a very good defender while Clayton is not. We still need a point guard. This kid isn't filling that role.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
That's a monster add. Our other sports and coaches suck but golden is doing his damndest to get us back where we belong.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
These good players must think we're not far off or they wouldn't be here.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I do wonder if we’re trying to use Martin as a PG and if we promised him that role since that’s his route to the NBA.

I’d feel a lot better if we snagged another legitimate PG, but if we do, does that mean we aren’t snagging a wing with size since we only have 1 spot left?

If we do get a PG I wouldn’t hate going heavy on a 3 guard lineup (PG-Clayton-Martin). Martin is a solid rebounder for his size and an elite defender so I think he could play the 3 even at 6’-2”…?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I do wonder if we’re trying to use Martin as a PG and if we promised him that role since that’s his route to the NBA.

I’d feel a lot better if we snagged another legitimate PG, but if we do, does that mean we aren’t snagging a wing with size since we only have 1 spot left?

If we do get a PG I wouldn’t hate going heavy on a 3 guard lineup (PG-Clayton-Martin). Martin is a solid rebounder for his size and an elite defender so I think he could play the 3 even at 6’-2”…?
He can definitely play the 3. Dude is a freak athlete and plays bigger than he is. It'll definitely be interesting to see how this roster shakes out.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We made the elite 8 with Mike Rosario playing the 3. He might have been listed at 6'3" but I seen him in person and 6'1" was generous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.