Recruiting Official Recruiting Thread for the stretch run #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
williston_gator;n166119 said:
@Carvell_AJC: I'd be shocked if DB Chris Williamson did not commit to #Gators tonight. Great visit & trust factor (his HS coach was #UF DC's HS coach)
Three minutes behind. You used to be a legend man

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry for overlaps. I swear refresh doesn't work on mobile. A lot of times I refresh, don't see new posts, have to close the tab, open a new one, and go back to the site to get the latest.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n166106 said:
Athlete Chris Williamson (Gainesville, Ga.) will pick between Michigan and Florida at 10 p.m. EST this evening airing on Fox Sports South according to Gainesville recruiting coordinator Wayne Jones. Williamson officially visited both schools the last two weekends. The Crystal Ball reads 87-percent for Florida, seven-percent for Michigan and seven-percent for North Carolina. The three-star prospect is ranked as the nation's No. 44 cornerback and the No. 39 recruit in Georgia in the 2015 class by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings.

That comes out to 101%, new math? :)

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have been following these recruiting threads from the beginning. I'd like to thank Tag, Williston and others for updating us with the twitter feeds. I've been busy traveling, it's really nice to know you can go one place and stay up to date with this stuff.

I've been reluctant to comment on this thread especially with regards to class ranking because it's still such an unknown. I'm not overly concerned with ranking as I am with filling the OL, LB, QB, RB needs. However from a rankings standpoint, things have looked bleak for some time. It's a function of numbers. Most recruiting services take a team's top 20 commitments when ranking them. While most of our rivals have 20 plus committed recruits, they only stand to improve slightly in the rankings. Until UF closes in on 20 recruits their ranking are a moot point, but they have the ability rise significantly. So it's premature to be on the ledge or overly optimistic at this point. So for those that keep bringing up our current rank and which small school is ahead or just behind us.............................it's irrelevant!!!! Having 13 commitments, understandingly something to be concerned about. Carry on.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Gator87;n166095 said:
Settle down everybody, it comes down to coaching. The last guy couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag, he could have signed every 5 star guy on the board and he would still go 7-6. If Mac can coach these guys up things will turn in a positive direction. Spurrier's first class was nothing special and that turned out okay. Just look on the positive side, Muschamp is no longer our head coach.

Stop it! If you continue to be positive you will end up on the same list I am on. Oh yea, dont dare misspell anything, we apparently have several spelling teachers on board that will make sure everyone knows! Makes em feel smart I guess...

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n166126 said:
Stop it! If you continue to be positive you will end up on the same list I am on.

Sorry about that I'll try to be more negative from now on. :)

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
williston_gator;n166123 said:
Sorry for overlaps. I swear refresh doesn't work on mobile. A lot of times I refresh, don't see new posts, have to close the tab, open a new one, and go back to the site to get the latest.
^This is true. Sometimes I have to leave the thread and come back in before I see anyone else's posts.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n166123 said:

You're still number one in my book, Williston. :thumbup:

I'm not a twitter guy so I appreciate the updates.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
GatorTAG;n166136 said:
^This is true. Sometimes I have to leave the thread and come back in before I see anyone else's posts.

I have had to refresh 3-4 times a few different times....

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Tag is no slouch. In my book as long as the info makes it who cares if one is just before or after the other. Sharing is caring or whatever.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n166156 said:
Tag is no slouch. In my book as long as the info makes it who cares if one is just before or after the other. Sharing is caring or whatever.

Nice loser attitude. Guess you are expecting a participation trophy after this?

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n166161 said:
Nice loser attitude. Guess you are expecting a participation trophy after this?

I want my friggin consolation cookie. I was also told there would be punch.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n166164 said:

I would not accept punch from Wobble. #Roofiecolada

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
williston_gator;n166164 said:

images

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We have 58 returning per Goldkamp and 56 per another site. We need 27 to 29 to be at full strength vs our SEC opponents that traditionally oversign and run off after spring practice. Only have 13 commits basically 36 hours before the faxes start rolling in is just plain not going to get the job done. It seems impossible to have done any worse if you tried to.
So, we are going to compete next season short up to 16 scholarship players? How the hell is that supposed to work out this season AND next season? Are 4 star players allergic to our coaches? WTF is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator