Recruiting Official Recruiting Thread for the stretch run #14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n169932 said:
@ZachAbolverdi: RT @Frank_Frangie: CeCe Jefferson just told me on-air he is faxing the letter-of-intent to UF tomorrow morning. So you can relax.

Thanks Zach, but considering Cowart's recent shenanigans I won't be relaxing until that LOI comes in.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Breakdown:

- 6 - OL
- 5 - DE/DT
- 3 - WR/ATH
- 2 - RB
- 2 - TE
- 2 - DB
- 1 - LB

For a transition year, we really took care of both lines of scrimmage. That's critical for this staff. We also added some playmakers at WR, RB and TE. We're pretty stocked at DB yet we added two really talented guys there as well. The only area we fell a little short in is LB. But overall, phenomenal turnaround from a few days ago.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe if Mac keeps rolling, Foley can earn some cred back.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n169961 said:
Breakdown:

- 6 - OL
- 5 - DE/DT
- 3 - WR/ATH
- 2 - RB
- 2 - TE
- 2 - DB
- 1 - LB

For a transition year, we really took care of both lines of scrimmage. That's critical for this staff. We also added some playmakers at WR, RB and TE. We're pretty stocked at DB yet we added two really talented guys there as well. The only area we fell a little short in is LB. But overall, phenomenal turnaround from a few days ago.

LB is a huge hole but nice job Coach Mac!

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
NavetG8r;n169950 said:
They have moved into the "Ok, so he can recruit, now let's see if he can coach" mode.

Ha, yeah, ok. I've moved from the 'wait and watch recruiting' to 'wait and watch coaching', but you're right on the JMac haters most likely. I'm looking forward to the next 13 months and the comparisons to continue between JMac and Harbaugh in each phase of the coaching process. I'm sure we'll salt in some 'SEC is much harder than B1G' but still.....

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
D'Anfernee McGriff is an interesting dude. He hasn't received much pub around here because he was committed to Auburn and was the last guy in our class. But taking a look at this guy, he's 6'3" and 225lbs and looked to be the type of guy in HS where their plan was "just toss the ball to him and let him go." He looks like he could be a WR, RB or TE. It'll be interesting to see where he lands and develops:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Gatorphan;n169962 said:
Maybe if Mac keeps rolling, Foley can earn some cred back.

It'll be interesting. Foley took a lot of heat in recent months and years - a lot of it earned, some of it not. I'm curious to see if he gets any credit for JMac and the coaching staff's success (assuming it comes).

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
bayou gator;n169937 said:
WTF is going on with Jefferson...? Tomorrow...? uhhhh, I don't know about y'all, but that doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling deep inside.

23260590.jpg

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
The Original DC;n169961 said:
Breakdown:

- 6 - OL
- 5 - DE/DT
- 3 - WR/ATH
- 2 - RB
- 2 - TE
- 2 - DB
- 1 - LB

We definitely whiffed at LB not only b/c of numbers but b/c we really do not have great players there currently. However I looked at the new signees and I believe there are 2 that are going to be pointed to the LB position, especially b/c of the way a lot of teams play the game offensively these days.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
The Original DC;n169968 said:
D'Anfernee McGriff is an interesting dude. He hasn't received much pub around here because he was committed to Auburn and was the last guy in our class. But taking a look at this guy, he's 6'3" and 225lbs and looked to be the type of guy in HS where their plan was "just toss the ball to him and let him go." He looks like he could be a WR, RB or TE. It'll be interesting to see where he lands and develops:

Lol....WR/RB/TE/Beast..... You're right, playbook was 'Feed HIM'

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;169960 said:
Thanks Zach, but considering Cowart's recent shenanigans I won't be relaxing until that LOI comes in.

I saw on Twitter that's there's a full on tailgate/party going on. He's living it up today. Not near a fax. Will fax it in when he gets to one.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n169968 said:

I'm hoping he lands on defense. He has the size and speed to be an awesome linebacker.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Now that signing day is over, what is the purpose of visiting this website for the next 6 months?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n169985 said:
Now that signing day is over, what is the purpose of visiting this website for the next 6 months?

Spring Practice

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
FireFoley;n169976 said:
We definitely whiffed at LB not only b/c of numbers but b/c we really do not have great players there currently. However I looked at the new signees and I believe there are 2 that are going to be pointed to the LB position, especially b/c of the way a lot of teams play the game offensively these days.

I'm gathering that LB is your favorite position.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
QueenCityGator;n169985 said:

whispers on who will start at QB, how the ATH recruits fit in, which recruits don't qualify, and what JuCo's we bring in. Oh, and basketball (yeah, right)

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My take on the whole Cowart situation.....

He wanted to be the man and have everyone follow him. He thought they'd all end up at Auburn. Sometime in the past couple days, he wasn't sold on CeCe being part of the package. So he announces and delays the LOI. He had talked the Davis boys, Holland, and he thought CeCe. Holland and the Davis boys sign their LOI's and send them in. Cowart talks to CeCe and finds out he Gator bound. Cowart considers flipping. Holland and the Davis boys guilt him and talk him up and he stays with Auburn. I think he was very close to flipping. It'd be nice to know for sure from someone who knows. But....it seems like CeCe wasn't a follower, so I feel a bit better about having him.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
GatorJ;n169979 said:
I saw on Twitter that's there's a full on tailgate/party going on. He's living it up today. Not near a fax. Will fax it in when he gets to one.
Baker county lives for Gator football. They shut the town down today for CeCe's announcement and are partying hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator