The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n169978 said:
Lol....WR/RB/TE/Beast..... You're right, playbook was 'Feed HIM'

It's a crazy highlight isn't it? They put McGriff at QB, snapped it to him and said "run!" Then they occasionally lined him up at WR and said "run, jump and catch!"

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n170010 said:
My take on the whole Cowart situation.....

He wanted to be the man and have everyone follow him. He thought they'd all end up at Auburn. Sometime in the past couple days, he wasn't sold on CeCe being part of the package. So he announces and delays the LOI. He had talked the Davis boys, Holland, and he thought CeCe. Holland and the Davis boys sign their LOI's and send them in. Cowart talks to CeCe and finds out he Gator bound. Cowart considers flipping. Holland and the Davis boys guilt him and talk him up and he stays with Auburn. I think he was very close to flipping. It'd be nice to know for sure from someone who knows. But....it seems like CeCe wasn't a follower, so I feel a bit better about having him.

I think the reality is that he was really torn, but couldn't say "no" to WM who he built a very strong relationship with.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
QueenCityGator;n169985 said:
Now that signing day is over, what is the purpose of visiting this website for the next 6 months?

If you need to ask, please stay away.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
alcoholica;n170010 said:
My take on the whole Cowart situation.....

He wanted to be the man and have everyone follow him. He thought they'd all end up at Auburn. Sometime in the past couple days, he wasn't sold on CeCe being part of the package. So he announces and delays the LOI. He had talked the Davis boys, Holland, and he thought CeCe. Holland and the Davis boys sign their LOI's and send them in. Cowart talks to CeCe and finds out he Gator bound. Cowart considers flipping. Holland and the Davis boys guilt him and talk him up and he stays with Auburn. I think he was very close to flipping. It'd be nice to know for sure from someone who knows. But....it seems like CeCe wasn't a follower, so I feel a bit better about having him.
Hollland was going to Auburn no matter what and not following Cowart. Holland has family ties to Auburn and is a legacy. Our new staff wasn't even recruiting him. If anything Cowart was following Holland and probably realizes it's not his first choice. He has to live with now and he'll regret never being a Gator one day.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Now that signing day is over, what is the purpose of visiting this website for the next 6 months?

You should start a poll to find out.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
The Original DC;n169968 said:
D'Anfernee McGriff is an interesting dude. He hasn't received much pub around here because he was committed to Auburn and was the last guy in our class. But taking a look at this guy, he's 6'3" and 225lbs and looked to be the type of guy in HS where their plan was "just toss the ball to him and let him go." He looks like he could be a WR, RB or TE. It'll be interesting to see where he lands and develops:
Line him up at RB and pound the $hit out of the defense. This kid is a beast!

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
What I take from today is a big smile and the satisfaction knowing that the Gator Brand is alive and well. There remains much work to be done rebuilding from ChumpDawgyDoo's rubble, but the process appears to be in good hands. Finally, there is a light at the end of the dark tunnel. Go Gators, Go Coach Mac!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Great NSD from what it appears. Really will have to see what all came in but Ivey and CeCe were a must. Stay tuned for more. Go Coach Mac.

GatorStompin'

Gator Grad '14
Nov 25, 2014
So what is the deal with Mcgriff? Auburn claims he couldn't get in because of academic reasons… Then he commits tho UF… If you can't get into the the barn, you sure as heck can't get in to UF. Did his trip to UF seal his fate and they yanked his scholly? Anyone got the scoop?

Regardless, this kid is a beast and his best football is ahead of him. Glad he's a :chomp:

Some people think he should play LB, but he'll play offense in my opinion. And he'll be all over the field. At TE, out wide at WR, lined up on the backfield, maybe even in at wildcat. Kid is big, fast, and dynamic. I think the only reason he's not ranked much higher with the recruiting services is because they're not sure what he is. Mac and co. have a vision no doubt though.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n169968 said:
D'Anfernee McGriff is an interesting dude. He hasn't received much pub around here because he was committed to Auburn and was the last guy in our class. But taking a look at this guy, he's 6'3" and 225lbs and looked to be the type of guy in HS where their plan was "just toss the ball to him and let him go." He looks like he could be a WR, RB or TE. It'll be interesting to see where he lands and develops:

Tape looks real good. Was that real small ball he was playing or mid classification if anyone knows?

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Jordan Scarlett. I think we got a freakishly good playmaker in him.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n170017 said:
I think the reality is that he was really torn, but couldn't say "no" to WM who he built a very strong relationship with.

The same WM who will leave him high and dry the second he gets a sniff at a new HC position.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n169982 said:
I'm hoping he lands on defense. He has the size and speed to be an awesome linebacker.

... Said Will Muschamp... about every good athlete...ever...

Did you see his highlights? This kid is a gamer and we NEED to get better on OFFENSE. I want to see him scoring TD's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.