The mahareesh Yogi once said, "It ain't over, til it's over"!...chill ppl.:lol:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n155707 said:
There is your problem right there. Stop being hopeful the class will be good, and just accept the fact that this recruiting class will suck.

There's nothing wrong with being hopeful. I'm sure our coaches are evaluating our needs and probably have several guys they're going after to fill our main needs while at the same time trying to convince some of the big targets to take another look our way just in case they can be swayed by the fresh new positive atmosphere around UF now. It's almost certain we will take some JUCOs and 3* type players to provide the depth we desperately need at some positions. Some people may look at that as a disaster, but honestly the situation calls for realistic expectations given the circumstances. Anyone crying doom and gloom before signing day is just getting themselves all worked up for no good reason. Try having a little faith in our new coaching staff and wait and see how it all plays out before you jump off the ledge.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n155724 said:
There's nothing wrong with being hopeful. I'm sure our coaches are evaluating our needs and probably have several guys they're going after to fill our main needs while at the same time trying to convince some of the big targets to take another look our way just in case they can be swayed by the fresh new positive atmosphere around UF now. It's almost certain we will take some JUCOs and 3* type players to provide the depth we desperately need at some positions. Some people may look at that as a disaster, but honestly the situation calls for realistic expectations given the circumstances. Anyone crying doom and gloom before signing day is just getting themselves all worked up for no good reason. Try having a little faith in our new coaching staff and wait and see how it all plays out before you jump off the ledge.

I am not jumping off any ledges. I believe UF will have a horrible class this year but they will survive it and get back to winning like we expect them to.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n155717 said:
For a guy committing to Syracuse ... I have to think there's something more to it, like SYR was the first FBS program to offer so he feels loyal? I dunno, but it just feels like there has to be something more.

Clark is from Guntersville, AL. He's as connected and obligated to Syracuse as a duck is to a desert.

The good news is, from what I'm reading, he is visiting Florida. He's 6'2", 300lbs and can play either offensive guard spot or DT.

Go get him, Mac! :thumbup:

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n155718 said:
I'm getting there. There are sucky classes and then there's this class which is almost as if we're having to skip a complete year of recruiting. It's worse than an NCAA probation year at this point. The less stressful thing to do would be what you suggest, eat it and move on. But that's tough to do knowing the damage a missed cycle will do to the program in 2-3 years.
What about the FOUR missed cycles(other than DBs) under the chimp? It is just going to take a while to correct his eff ups and we just need to accept it. The new staff is busting their azz to help with THIS class, but it is virtually impossible to fix it with such a late start. Transitional signing classes rarely make a positive impact on a program. McCoach knows what is at stake and is doing his BEST to fill the holes.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n155667 said:
So let's see if I'm up to speed on this recruiting class.

We have 5 big targets I keep hearing about of which three say they will all go to the same place and it looks more and more like that place will be Auburn. We currently have only 8 commits of which none are 5 star. We need 25 recruits to create depth and allow us to run practices.
Well, we didnt get any juco or EE OL so spring practice is basically off. We'll run walkons out there but it isnt the same. And we'll have to be extra careful with the 8 we do have. They cant get better without practice but we cant afford to get anyone hurt. Its a miserable catch22. Expect a few to get hurt regardless.

Maybe we can get lucky and sign some extra jucos for fall. Most likely we'll be playing HS kids against SEC defenses. Theres really no way around it.

The spring game isnt even an option. We cant really afford to do it unless its in shorts with the OL not hitting anyone.

Its a line of scrimmage league. Still Chimpin after all these years. Fooley likes the direction of the program.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n155724 said:

I'm not trying to argue with anyone trying to keep a positive attitude, but the original version of this recruiting thread was started a couple months ago and in that time our mediocre to bad class of only 10 has become a class of only 8. There are 2 weeks remaining in the recruiting period and the amount of space we have to catch up to garner a class of 25 good to decent recruits is insurmountable. It's just a fact and there's not much we can do about it. But we have to realize that for the next year or two this coaching staff will have quite a task ahead of them in order to have a winning program in the SEC.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n155739 said:
Well, we didnt get any juco or EE OL so spring practice is basically off. We'll run walkons out there but it isnt the same. And we'll have to be extra careful with the 8 we do have. They cant get better without practice but we cant afford to get anyone hurt. Its a miserable catch22. Expect a few to get hurt regardless.

Maybe we can get lucky and sign some extra jucos for fall. Most likely we'll be playing HS kids against SEC defenses. Theres really no way around it.

The spring game isnt even an option. We cant really afford to do it unless its in shorts with the OL not hitting anyone.

Its a line of scrimmage league. Still Chimpin after all these years. Fooley likes the direction of the program.

Dang - reading that it sounds like we may lose to another FCS team again this upcoming season.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Ray Finkle;n155731 said:
Yep. Kids get a ton of free clothes from schools and people freak out when they wear another team's gifts. I love it :lol:

I think he was doing that to slap them in the face... he has been a life long Gator :thumbup:

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TNgator20;n155725 said:
Therrell Gosier ll‏@livinglegend13 24m24 minutes ago I Have Officially Decommitted From University Of Miami

Hopefully Scarlett is next...I have Scarlett fever!

Now THIS is good news! Skipper visited with him a few days ago and he's been rumored to be a silent UF commit for a while. He's not part if this Cowart/Jefferson clique either, thankfully. He is a stud and would be our highest rated commit by far and might be the guy to start a dominoe of positive momentum for us.

*edit, just realized I read that wrong, it's Gosier decommitting and not Scarlet. My mistake.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n155762 said:
Now THIS is good news! Skipper visited with him a few days ago and he's been rumored to be a silent UF commit for a while. He's not part if this Cowart/Jefferson clique either, thankfully. He is a stud and would be our highest rated commit by far and might be the guy to start a dominoe of positive momentum for us.

*edit, just realized I read that wrong, it's Gosier decommitting and not Scarlet. My mistake.
Scarlett is visiting this weekend i believe and from everything i've read on recruiting sites he is expected to switch to UF with Cronkite

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n155730 said:
I am not jumping off any ledges. I believe UF will have a horrible class this year but they will survive it and get back to winning like we expect them to.

Yeah, the jumping off ledges comment wasn't directed at you, but we do have a few around here that seem perched right on the edge of it.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
NavetG8r;n155778 said:
Yeah, the jumping off ledges comment wasn't directed at you, but we do have a few around here that seem perched right on the edge of it.

Nooooo...not on this board.... :hehehe:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator