Im good with this. Top 25 average and month long Av bet

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJay26;n154876 said:
Im good with this. Top 25 average and month long Av bet

Deal. The AV bet will have to be for the month of April. (Feb is too short and my AV is up for grabs in March already)

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n154849 said:
Do I think this is on our current staff? Of course not. Do I think some of this is on our current staff? Of course. We needed a homerun hire and we went cheap (though oddly paid the highest buyout in history for a guy with a Muschamplike record in a little league and zero championships). We also hired a guy with zero contacts with current top recruits in the SE. He then hired two coordinators with questionable to terrible resumes. Really, the only thing weve done right is hire Randy Shannon to try to undo the damage. When Randy Shannon is a good thing, it shows how poor the other choices were.

Triple Cheeseburger grabbed a four star Qb within a week of arriving. We also landed Treon within days of hiring a new OC.

This staff has been in place since the first of December, moved like snails even filling out the coaching staff, and has done absolutely nothing on the recruiting front. In fact we have lost recruits since the arrived.

Are you telling me that you really expected to have one damn 3 star TE as the fruits of 7 weeks of recruiting?

Spin away boys.
7 weeks of recruiting? Now that's some serious spin you have there. Transition classes normally suck and that's why our year 3 under every coach has been typically their worst in their career at UF. SOS, Zook, Meyer, and WM all had arguably their worst season in year 3. Now couple a transition class after a season with a lame duck meathead of a coach and we're in for some serious trouble unless this staff pulls off a miracle. Our biggest recruiting weekend is coming up followed by another huge weekend...let's see where we are then before judging THIS staff.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
PatDooleySucks;n154856 said:
No. I don't see your contrived irony. I see a pathetic and failed attempt to try and knock me down a peg that highlights the clown that you are.

Reading comprehension. It's not difficult. Sorry for your fetal alcohol syndrome. Your mom should be ashamed.

ShadowGator

Broken
Oct 24, 2014
Law98gator;n154853 said:
Top 25? So Kintucky level. Thats a pretty low bar there and isnt what most objective observers would call a good class.

That being said, theres no way we do it.

But I dont bet against my team.

Zook, Meyer, and Muschamp all had first classes in the 15-20 range their first year, so it is basically in alignment with history.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
ShadowGator;n154898 said:
Zook, Meyer, and Muschamp all had first classes in the 15-20 range their first year, so it is basically in alignment with history.

None of them were this far behind the 8 ball at this point...

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n154877 said:
Deal. The AV bet will have to be for the month of April. (Feb is too short and my AV is up for grabs in March already)

Dealio. April it is

ShadowGator

Broken
Oct 24, 2014
ATXGator;n154854 said:
Mark the date folks.... Law has already started bashing the McElwain hire (saying we went cheap)... not sure why you think that Law... who else did you want to get? Freeze... do you really think Freeze made his decision on money?

Coaches are like the the recruits. Would you prefer to have a flashy 5* who may or may not perform up to billing, or recruit a 3* who performs as a 5* without the attitude? While I would have liked to hire a big name coach, it would be the best case scenario if McElwain became a top flight coach in the next few years because then hopefully we would not have a coach with a huge ego who flames out shortly thereafter.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n154849 said:
Do I think this is on our current staff? Of course not. Do I think some of this is on our current staff? Of course. We needed a homerun hire and we went cheap (though oddly paid the highest buyout in history for a guy with a Muschamplike record in a little league and zero championships). We also hired a guy with zero contacts with current top recruits in the SE. He then hired two coordinators with questionable to terrible resumes. Really, the only thing weve done right is hire Randy Shannon to try to undo the damage. When Randy Shannon is a good thing, it shows how poor the other choices were.

Triple Cheeseburger grabbed a four star Qb within a week of arriving. We also landed Treon within days of hiring a new OC.

This staff has been in place since the first of December, moved like snails even filling out the coaching staff, and has done absolutely nothing on the recruiting front. In fact we have lost recruits since the arrived.

Are you telling me that you really expected to have one damn 3 star TE as the fruits of 7 weeks of recruiting?

Spin away boys.

This online persona you've created (at least I hope it's not real) is more miserable and long-winded than a Dostoyevsky novel.

Dec 10, 2014
KCgator;n154893 said:
Reading comprehension. It's not difficult. Sorry for your fetal alcohol syndrome. Your mom should be ashamed.

Oh my god it's a barb about my reading comprehension abilities and a pot shot at my mom! We've got a message board genius here ... ding, ding, ding. What does he win? The Asshat of the day award! Oh but why does it always have to be KC who wins it? Can't he occasionally let another deserving asshat win it? Probably not ... He's just too "committed." See what I did there?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Hope and prayers...that's where I'm at...come on Coach Mac!

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n154909 said:
I hope you are right, or I will start calling you Zach.
We'll get him and Cece...probably lost Cowart to auburn but im about 50/50 on that right now

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n154911 said:
We'll get him and Cece...probably lost Cowart to auburn but im about 50/50 on that right now

The visit this weekend will be the key. We either sell these guys on Florida or lose them. This weekend is HUGE.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

Hoping for some news after a weekend away, but all I did was run into this guy.

Attachments

• conv_2014.jpg
    conv_2014.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 26

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If we don't get him I'd be shocked....
Blake Alderman ‏@MistaAlderman 2m2 minutes ago
“@MillerShareef: Pitt, Rutgers,Penn state, Arizona state, Florida Gators our my finalist
2757.png
2757.png
committing between those schools Final
2757.png
”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.