Not open for further replies.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n158467 said:
I'm not thinking about a handful of big fish. I'm talking 15 commits including the bigs fish on NSD. I'm talking the entire recruiting class waiting until NSD. UF doesn't go 6 months and only gets 1 commit unless something else is going on. We're a week and half from signing day and only have 8 guys. We're getting tons of attention and praise yet everyone is quiet. It's the only logical conclusion I can come to.
Don't hold your breath on this theory.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n158676 said:
Oh well, worst to first on NSD, holding out hope!

The only way that happens is if Big Mac somehow manages to flip several of the top Bama commits.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Gatoravatara;n158667 said:
You are free to defend him. Until things get better, get used to hearing this. If a CEO screwed up a company, and things were getting even worse by the day, people would not be defending the CEO until things get better.

Hey Avi, please go back and re-read my post. :headslap: You might be dyslexic but you can't be that stupid.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n158575 said:
I think the 2 star LB was the major annoucement.
Shannon really likes him and was pushing hard for him at Arky before coming here.

I'm not the biggest Shannon fan but he knows LBs and knows South Florida. Frankly, if we had just grabbed some of those S Fla kids the last five years that were 2 or 3 stars, like Teddy Bridgewater or Rahim Cato, we'd be in much better shape.

His tape reminds me of Ryan Stamper. Not sure what the scouts see that make them think he's not top tier but I'd take him over another California "5 star" any day.

EDIT: Actually he reminds me a bit more of Terry Jackson. Some of you may not remember that Terry started at LB a good bit, also. Frankly, we could move Rayshard to tailback if we needed to or land other LBs. He looks better at TB IMO than Matt Jones did in HS.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like Steven Clark will announce tomorrow also. So we have a chance to land Zuniga and Clark tomorrow, a DE and O-lineman. ✌️

RT @SLClark7250 we got one commit today hopefully tomorrow morning u make the the swamp your future home 🐊🐊🐊good luck

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Law98gator;n158690 said:
Shannon really likes him and was pushing hard for him at Arky before coming here.

I'm not the biggest Shannon fan but he knows LBs and knows South Florida. Frankly, if we had just grabbed some of those S Fla kids the last five years that were 2 or 3 stars, like Teddy Bridgewater or Rahim Cato, we'd be in much better shape.

His tape reminds me of Ryan Stamper. Not sure what the scouts see that make them think he's not top tier but I'd take him over another California "5 star" any day.

I like the optimism Law!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n158658 said:
Can't argue with that. So lets just turn every topic, thread and discussion into an "I hate Foley" rant. I really can't imagine anything more immature, boring and tedious.

Ahhhh, yes, the angry pumpers who were so incensed that we questioned Mushchimp and Fooley last year are even angrier now.

39f515ad71a2adc23a55f052dcd8654f.jpg

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@ByronHawkStar99: Things have been published over the last few days that i have not said I am NOT talking to any reporters or agencies until signing day

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Law98gator;n158549 said:
We needed a homerrun hire...... And Foley bunted like usual. We needed a guy with instant credibility and ability to recruit. We hired a career position coach with a 22-16 record in the damn mountain conference.

You have consistently taken this stance and I can't remember who you put into the "home run" category. Could you list the coaches you would have thought to be possibilities?

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n158698 said:
@NickdelaTorreGC: Martez Ivey enjoyed his visit to UF but says he's still 50/50 between the #Gators and #Auburn with NSD upcoming. http://ow.ly/HUeLv

if you're truly torn, truly 50-50, wouldn't staying closer to home be natural, human nature thing to do?

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
williston_gator;n158697 said:
@ByronHawkStar99: Things have been published over the last few days that i have not said I am NOT talking to any reporters or agencies until signing day

marshawn is on line 2,,says its urgent!!!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n158563 said:
This is getting GD ridiculous. Jeremiah Dinson, the CB committed to Kentucky, visited us last week and, crickets. Visits Auburn this weekend and names them his new leader. Mike Horton, one of our o-line commits seems ready to flip to Tennessee, unless changing his profile picture to himself wearing a UT jersey is a good sign for us.

This 1pm announcement thing better be about five guys committing to us, not some announcement about an upgrade to the student library or something.
I couldn't give less of a f#$! about a DB. We can avoid recruiting DBs altogether for the next two years and we wouldn't be in the dismal shape we are at every other position except DE and DB. The only DBs we should even consider next year are absolute can't miss 5 star or high 4 star guys.

The rest of the team is a couch fire. Fix it before you worry about a DB committed to Kintucky.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Gatoravatara;n158705 said:
Without naming names, the reason why you want a homerun hire is for 2 reasons 1) Usually there is instant buy-in, and 2) if things don't work out, everyone will say "We hired a homerun, but it turned out to be a bust". Nobody will blame you, because everybody was on board. The problem is that homerun hires are not cheap, so that immediately rules them out for us.

:shocked:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n158706 said:
I couldn't give less of a f#$! about a DB. We can avoid recruiting DBs altogether for the next two years and we wouldn't be in the dismal shape we are at every other position except DE and DB. The only DBs we should even consider next year are absolute can't miss 5 star guys.

The rest of the team is a couch fire. Fix it.

This is silly. VH3 is gone after 2015. We need a stud in to get ready to replace him. Someone who can be his shadow and learn from him this year and be ready by next year. Not that many Freshmen come in ready to play at the SEC level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator