Not open for further replies.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And the hits just keeeeeep on coming:

@joshnewberg247: Source tells me Deondre Francois is expected to sign with #FSU despite OV to #UF this weekend (VIP) https://t.co/ValMRoVItS

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator98MD;n158741 said:
This could be the single worst class in recruiting history for a major D 1 school.

I've been saying this. If it ends like it is now, it's worse than Sanduski disgust at Penn State, worse than Tennessee's multiple coach/multiple AD/multiple losing seasons stretch, worse than Ohio State's NCAA slapdown, worse than Miami's NCAA slapdown, hell, worse than anything I've ever seen.

And not by a small margin, but by a landslide.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@AndrewSpiveyGC: Always good catching up with Ryan Davis @thaRD5. Florida made a big impression on him this weekend

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
williston_gator;n158748 said:
@AndrewSpiveyGC: Always good catching up with Ryan Davis @thaRD5. Florida made a big impression on him this weekend

Outside of Ivey and OL in general, I think he may be our biggest need. Really hope we find a way to land him.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n158750 said:
Outside of Ivey and OL in general, I think he may be our biggest need. Really hope we find a way to land him.

Agree, plus one of the RB's, Scarlett or Cronkrite.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Yep its like hey Ivey go to Auburn play mop up duty for two years or come here and start right away!!
:angry:

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
KCgator;n158746 said:
:worried::worried::worried::worried::worried::worried::worried::worried::worried: Suicide Hotlines are standing by...

you guys can Pollyanna all the way but if we only sign 15, we are in for a world of hurt in 2 yrs.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
:inout:

We're witnessing history. I wonder what Foley and the new coaching staff think about this class?

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If McElwain doesn't have a top 5 class next year, then his time at UF may not last longer than Muschamp's. I do think he is a solid coach, but he won't win without the talent.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n158756 said:
:inout:

We're witnessing history. I wonder what Foley and the new coaching staff think about this class?
Yeah, interesting to see how they spin this. Im ambivalent about most of these lower end recruits, but its embarassing to beg them to leave Vandy or other sh#$ school and have them laugh at us.

Its probably better just to hold the schollies and pray for a miracle class with 10 EEs next year.

This is a f#!@ing catastrophe in the making. Losing recruits to UCF and not being able to land even the castoffs from Tinerc or Kintucky. Even the kids that are willing to listen arent buying whatever we are selling.

Even Triple Cheeseburger and Peas were better recruiters than this.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Gator98MD;n158741 said:
This could be the single worst class in recruiting history for a major D 1 school.

I wonder if this will be one more 'record' to hang on the legacy of WM? Even those pointing to Foley and JMac have to admit the hand WM played in this.

Gatoravatara;n158705 said:
Without naming names, the reason why you want a homerun hire is for 2 reasons 1) Usually there is instant buy-in, and 2) if things don't work out, everyone will say "We hired a homerun, but it turned out to be a bust". Nobody will blame you, because everybody was on board. The problem is that homerun hires are not cheap, so that immediately rules them out for us.

WM was a "homerun hire" at the time. And we've paid dearly for it, both financially and in terms of brand and football program stability/strength/attractiveness.

Gatoravatara;n158509 said:
That is on Foley. This is his choice. This is no excuse. That said, I hope our up and comer out performs.

As much as some on here bash Foley, I'm really curious if he gets any credit if JMac is a success (recruiting this year, or winning in the near term)? Or is Foley there for the beatings only, with no credit for anything that goes right? I'll agree he totally f'd some things up, but we're in the middle of a transition from a guy intent on sinking our program to our next 'hopeful' resurgence (may not happen with this HBC, but perhaps the next or the one after). However bad things have been or may get, I'm sure Foley will get his earned hatred. But I really have to ask, will he get the hate for everything that goes wrong (Basketball this season, anyone?), or will he get any credit for when a sport (and we all look at football) starts to win and do well?

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
With other teams continuing to obtain verbal commitments, we have slipped to 101st in Rivals rankings.

Incredibly, if nothing much changes, Mike Bobo, new coach at Colorado State could out-recruit McElwain, new coach at Florida.

Something aint right.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n158760 said:
Something aint right.
No, there's something going on we don't know about. This is far beyond just bad recruiting. I'm guessing whatever it is will ooze out in time.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We are neck and neck with teams Ive never heard of, Georgia State and Old Dominion. Let that sink in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.