Not open for further replies.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n158762 said:
No, there's something going on we don't know about. This is far beyond just bad recruiting. I'm guessing whatever it is will ooze out in time.

It's a shame we don't have any local reporters with the fortitude to dig in to this and figure out what's going on.

This is NOT as simple as "oh, it's just a coaching change."

I'm thinking of other major programs who have had coaching changes this year; Wisconsin, Nebraska, Michigan, Houston, Oregon State. Florida is behind every single one of them. Wisconsin had a very embarrassing coaching change, UF is 75 spots behind them. UF is 50 spots behind Nebraska, 30 spots behind Michigan, only 6 spots behind Oregon State, but they have 7 more kids committed.

As nutty as it sounds, maybe we will have 8 or 9 guys commit on signing day and this 101st ranking is much ado about nothing.

:scratchchin:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n158759 said:
I wonder if this will be one more 'record' to hang on the legacy of WM? Even those pointing to Foley and JMac have to admit the hand WM played in this.

WM was a "homerun hire" at the time. And we've paid dearly for it, both financially and in terms of brand and football program stability/strength/attractiveness.

As much as some on here bash Foley, I'm really curious if he gets any credit if JMac is a success (recruiting this year, or winning in the near term)? Or is Foley there for the beatings only, with no credit for anything that goes right? I'll agree he totally f'd some things up, but we're in the middle of a transition from a guy intent on sinking our program to our next 'hopeful' resurgence (may not happen with this HBC, but perhaps the next or the one after). However bad things have been or may get, I'm sure Foley will get his earned hatred. But I really have to ask, will he get the hate for everything that goes wrong (Basketball this season, anyone?), or will he get any credit for when a sport (and we all look at football) starts to win and do well?

Will Muschamp was NOT a home run hire. He had zero experience. None. Saban's hiring at Bama was a home run. Meyer getting hired here was a home run. Muschamp was an unknown quantity. Foley took a wild gamble. He did not learn from the Zook experiment. Foley deserves MASSIVE criticism. Winning in women's sports? Who gives a flying F? He hired Billy D two decades ago. I'm glad that worked out. But let's be real. If coach Mac doesn't win then Foley should be pushed out the door. IMHO, new blood should've already been in place at AD. Foley had a great run and he is one of the best all-time overall. But he's made a serious mess of things in the last 5 years in FOOTBALL.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@DerekTysonESPN: Holland said he, CeCe Jefferson and Byron Cowart still plan to go to the same school even though Cowart hasn't been to Ole Miss yet.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@DerekTysonESPN: Talked to @holland_jeffery, enjoyed his visit to #OleMiss. Will take OV to UF this week & planning unofficial to Auburn next weekend.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
We are currently tied with Michigan for lowest number of recruits committed in a Big 5 conference. Though they are way ahead in the rankings.

Atlgator12

Jan 22, 2015
These three are so weird. I feel like they all go to different schools my self but they keep claiming the same school. I got Holland to AU, Cece to ol miss, and Byron to the good guys but I am far from an expert.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Nation retweeted
❌❌❌ ‏@holland_jeffery 2m2 minutes ago
NEXT STOP IS G-VILL
1f40a.png
1f40a.png
1f40a.png
. #GatorNation
0 replies18 retweets33 favorites Reply
Retweeted18
Favorited33
More

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Atlgator12;n158777 said:
These three are so weird. I feel like they all go to different schools my self but they keep claiming the same school. I got Holland to AU, Cece to ol miss, and Byron to the good guys but I am far from an expert.

I have all three to Auburn. Sad, 2 of the 3 could catch a cab to UF's campus and other spent his entire senior season throwing out Gator chomps.

Atlgator12

Jan 22, 2015
The longer they wait the better I feel to be honest. I hope they decide to stay in state. That is a big deal to most.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJay26;n158783 said:
Big 3 are going to Auburn, the writing is on the wall. On to the next

But we need to pluck offensive guys Ivey and Davis from the Auburn train. I feel like we have a chance with those two, with Auburn also being the main competition.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I spotted the big three in Tampa and they were all in boots with gator stickers all over them. Im no longer corn fused.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n158773 said:
Will Muschamp was NOT a home run hire. He had zero experience. None. Saban's hiring at Bama was a home run. Meyer getting hired here was a home run. Muschamp was an unknown quantity. Foley took a wild gamble. He did not learn from the Zook experiment. Foley deserves MASSIVE criticism. Winning in women's sports? Who gives a flying F? He hired Billy D two decades ago. I'm glad that worked out. But let's be real. If coach Mac doesn't win then Foley should be pushed out the door. IMHO, new blood should've already been in place at AD. Foley had a great run and he is one of the best all-time overall. But he's made a serious mess of things in the last 5 years in FOOTBALL.

You came up with exactly 2 names out of the hundreds of hires made in the last decade. "Home run" hires are like a hole in one.

WinterGarden Gator

Jan 15, 2015
My inside source (gut) tells me all 3 go to Auburn. Ivey and Davis want to come to UF....and I think they will. Hopefully they get to talk to Cronkrite...because Scarlett is headed to FSU or staying put in Miami.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.