Recruiting Official recruiting thread for the stretch run #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorFin

Jul 24, 2014
t-gator;n160327 said:
Signing is gonna be ugly. Hope you boys are prepared

Can it get uglier? Anyone big signing at this point is a bonus to me. the only way I see it as ugly is if we lose Ivey to Aub.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have a feeling we will be disappointed and also pleasantly surprised by some of the commitments on Signing Day. Hopefully, more of the latter!

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Ray Finkle;n160318 said:
ESPN has announced that it will have a reporter at Florida on national signing day as one of 14 campuses it will broadcast from on Feb. 4. The Gators currently have 10 verbal commitments and could finish with a flurry with several high-profile prospects set to announce their decisions on national signing day.

#ESPN is sending #Gators Alum,@LauraMRutledge to @UF to cover National Signing Day. Hmmm...I wonder if something BIG is going to happen 🐊🏈

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;160257 said:
Didn't someone quote a tweet last night about that QB? Said something about how when he was on his UF official visit, he felt like he was surrounded by 3 stars. **** him I say.

Granted, we only have three star recruits to this point. All 10 recruits in our class are only three star recruits. But what a crappy comment.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
t-gator;n160339 said:
This is good news
Don't know if we're in serious consideration but at least we're getting a shot. I think he's a UGA lean.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
Hey guys great thread! Been reading since Dec and this is my 1st post.

A couple of things I would like to add:

1. Yes I bleed orange and blue and try to see the positives in all of this.

2. I believe Mac has an ace up his sleeve because he knows we are down as a fan base and he is gonna start this year off w' a bang and try to win the fan base w' NSD bang. (Not sure if we get the Big 3 or not)

3. I don't worry about the stars: These kids have not played 1 single snap of college football. Its a grown mans game. Stars don't alway equal the best players! (ex. Debose) Its about development and this staff seems to have a track record of doing that.

4 Last, this season has got to be better for the simple fact we don't have to see WM roaming the sideline yelling like a lunatic at our players who were afraid of making a mistake. you have to be loose to play fast. Kids couldn't do that under WM. JM is more laid back but he will get the best out of our athletes!

Thanks guys!

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
This is football recruiting, so unless a prospect pulls off his fake human skin to reveal himself to be an extraterrestrial, nobody is going to "shock the world." That said, there are a few players that could surprise with their announcements. Five-star Porter Gustin picking Arizona State would be a bit of a shock. The big one, however, would be four-star receiver Ryan Davis, who could land at any number of schools despite being considered a heavy Florida lean. Any program but the Gators would be a bit of a shock, but Alabama is still a player in his recruitment.
-- Rob Cassidy, Southeast Region

https://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1728066

ShadowGator

Broken
Oct 24, 2014
GatorJ;n160349 said:
Granted, we only have three star recruits to this point. All 10 recruits in our class are only three star recruits. But what a crappy comment.

Jabari Zuniga was bumped up to a 4*.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
ShadowGator;n160364 said:
Jabari Zuniga was bumped up to a 4*.

Where? Just because he signed with us? Rivals still has him as a 3 star. What could he have possibly done between his 3 star ranking and 4 star ranking to jump a whole star?

Did I miss something?

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
GatorRaz;n160357 said:
Hey guys great thread! Been reading since Dec and this is my 1st post.

A couple of things I would like to add:

1. Yes I bleed orange and blue and try to see the positives in all of this.

2. I believe Mac has an ace up his sleeve because he knows we are down as a fan base and he is gonna start this year off w' a bang and try to win the fan base w' NSD bang. (Not sure if we get the Big 3 or not)

3. I don't worry about the stars: These kids have not played 1 single snap of college football. Its a grown mans game. Stars don't alway equal the best players! (ex. Debose) Its about development and this staff seems to have a track record of doing that.

4 Last, this season has got to be better for the simple fact we don't have to see WM roaming the sideline yelling like a lunatic at our players who were afraid of making a mistake. you have to be loose to play fast. Kids couldn't do that under WM. JM is more laid back but he will get the best out of our athletes!

Thanks guys!

welcome raz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member