Status
Not open for further replies.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Recruiting is about long term relationships, right? Chump, TRob and Lawing are probably stealing our most elite prospects due to those relationships. My question is where are the elite prospects Collins, Nussmeier, Shannon, and McElwain have been developing relationships with for the last 3 or 4 years in their respective recruiting areas? Couldn't we at least get a visit or is it just a one-way street away from the Gators? wtf?

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
LagoonGator68;n162154 said:
Recruiting is about long term relationships, right? Chump, TRob and Lawing are probably stealing our most elite prospects due to those relationships. My question is where are the elite prospects Collins, Nussmeier, Shannon, and McElwain have been developing relationships with for the last 3 or 4 years in their respective recruiting areas? Couldn't we at least get a visit or is it just a one-way street away from the Gators? wtf?
Good question. My guess is that 3 star LB we got out of Miami last week was Shannon's "elite" recruit.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mac was coaching at a mid major in the midwest probably not a good pool to choose from. Nussmeier' s offense in Michigan was worse than ours(not blaming it all on him) not many kids were amped about playing there. Shannon was at Arkansas we grabbed a linebacker he was recruiting but they don't get very many big time prospects over there so there wasn't much to bring.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n162170 said:
Mac was coaching at a mid major in the midwest probably not a good pool to choose from. Nussmeier' s offense in Michigan was worse than ours(not blaming it all on him) not many kids were amped about playing there. Shannon was at Arkansas we grabbed a linebacker he was recruiting but they don't get very many big time prospects over there so there wasn't much to bring.

Exactly... and Collins was at Miss. ST, where they weren't taking many 5* recruits either. 3 or sometimes 4* for them.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n162170 said:
And Geff Collins?......also Nussmeier was in Bama except for last year.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n162179 said:
And Geff Collins?......also Nussmeier was in Bama except for last year.

I have no answer for Collins, miss st is in the same boat with Arkansas but you'd think he'd grab the kid from Ocala who's committed to miss st

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not behind closed doors so I don't wanna be too critical but this staff has made some questionable decisions recruiting wise. There should be a few more kids committed right now that they're obviously not taking. If this class ends up with 15-16 recruits that definitely wouldn't be even an admiral start.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n162181 said:
I have no answer for Collins, miss st is in the same boat with Arkansas but you'd think he'd grab the kid from Ocala who's committed to miss st
You would think all of these guys would have 2-3 elite kids, at least, that they had helped develop in camps, etc. Something is just not right with this situation to me.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Bingo. Been saying this for weeks. None of this seems to work both ways. We're having trouble hanging on to Dillon because of the local pull in Louisiana, but the Florida boys don't feel the local pull. We're losing recruits to Durkin, TRob and Muschamp because of the "relationships," yet none of the coaches we inherited have brought anyone in because of a relationship. Doesn't add up.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Gatoravatara;n162198 said:
Yes something is awry. Schools with what I would consider bad football programs are running rings around us. Penn State when they were penalized was not as bad as this. Wisconsin is way ahead of us, even though on so many levels we are so much better. I dont understand the OC/DC hires and I dont understand why we blew up the defense right away. I think we would have been in much better shape if we had kept the entire D staff-at least for one year. It would have made it much harder for Champ to negatively recruit against us. And we probably would have gotten to the SECC twerking the D and rebuilding the O. I did not expect to be top 25 in recruiting this year, but I expected to be top 50.

I don't understand not keeping some of the D staff either, but maybe they were viewed as to loyal to Muschamp and it may have done more harm than good to keep them around if they didn't agree with the direction Mac wants to go or being some of those guys that always talk about how things used to be done. Hopefully it was to make sure everyone was on the same page from day 1. Obviously we just have to move on and hope for the best at this point. T-Rob points to me as someone who was out the door the minute Muschamp was and other than him I really only saw Durkin as someone to keep if Lawling really was having issues.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n162151 said:
USC OL commitment Christian Pellage of Brooksville, FL is about ready to shut things down. And he could pull the plug on recruiting as early as tonight. USC offensive line coach Shawn Elliott is scheduled to meet with Pellage tonight, and Pellage said he will go public with a final commitment announcement either tonight or Friday. Pellage has remained publicly committed to the Gamecocks since August but the new Florida staff has made a run at him. He took an official visit to Gainesville and last night sat down with Gator offensive line coach Mike Summers. "It went great," Pellage said of that meeting. "Definitely gave me something to think about for when my parents and I go over everything." Pellage is one of the most heavily recruited players in the Gamecock's class and had over 30 offers before choosing USC. He made his official visit to USC last weekend and indications are he will stand by his pledge to the Gamecocks.

Feels like South Carolina to me, hope I'm wrong.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Gatoravatara;n162198 said:
Yes something is awry. Schools with what I would consider bad football programs are running rings around us. Penn State when they were penalized was not as bad as this. Wisconsin is way ahead of us, even though on so many levels we are so much better. I dont understand the OC/DC hires and I dont understand why we blew up the defense right away. I think we would have been in much better shape if we had kept the entire D staff-at least for one year. It would have made it much harder for Champ to negatively recruit against us. And we probably would have gotten to the SECC twerking the D and rebuilding the O. I did not expect to be top 25 in recruiting this year, but I expected to be top 50.
The only thing that matters is where we are after signing day. We have a long list of targets and should sign many of them, as well as some flips that are probably currently under the radar and not mentioned in thread. I expect around 20 recruits when it's all done. There are also key CC kids who fall out of the news around this time when it's all about the HS 4-5*'s and their twitter accounts. In other words we can't judge this class until the faxes are in.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n162205 said:
The only thing that matters is where we are after signing day. We have a long list of targets and should sign many of them, as well as some flips that are probably currently under the radar and not mentioned in thread. I expect around 20 recruits when it's all done. There are also key CC kids who fall out of the news around this time when it's all about the HS 4-5*'s and their twitter accounts. In other words we can't judge this class until the faxes are in.
True but we have 9 commits and one soft commit are we going to get 11 kids on signing? Sounds kinda far fetched to me.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n162205 said:
JUCOS could sign Dec. 15. Who you got?

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n162206 said:
At some point we are going to have to look at the results. And unless we have some monster NSD, the results will not be good. Other programs have issues as well but were able to out-recruit us. The only thing that I can conclude is that the recruits did not have faith in our new coaches. Some of these recruits were like 90% Gator until they met the new staff. And as somebody already mentioned, the recruits following the coaches seems only one-sided. I wonder what Foley is thinking right now. He has to be as concerned as we are.

After NSD, if this holds up, Coach Mac and his staff will face serious questions about their ability to recruit, Foley will face questions about the possibility that he hired a guy who can't recruit. And don't give me the "he hasn't built relationships" crap because there is EVIDENCE where other programs with similar or worse situations have done a much better job of signing/committing recruits and NONE of them are the program Florida is, nor do they have the intangibles UF has; weather, talent in the area, tradition, etc.

If Mac has a huge signing day, then all of our concern becomes moot, the fan base is pumped and we head into Spring with a ton of momentum and energy.

We'll see in a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator