Recruiting Official Recruiting Thread for the stretch run #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n165067 said:
Just looked at Rivals team site to confirm....Jeebus they have four 5 star EE's....Something stinks up there for sure. I wonder who their new bag man is?

naw its a bag lady, and she giving free head!

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Something to consider....he has to decommit to make an announcement tomorrow. If you know he is picking a new school, he'll get more attention. He chose Monday to commit because he'll get maximum publicity. It's after the SuperBowl and he'll be the talk of all the Tuesday NSD previews. I think there is a 35-40% chance for UF here. Probably more, but the timing of FSU having the final visit and how crooked they are give me a lot of doubt. If I was an 18 y/o kid, I'd have to consider FSU just for the trim. As SAT scores have risen at UF, the coed quality has gone the other way. Back in the 90's it was pretty premium but has fallen big time. You have to consider the poon factor with these kids.

Scarlett would be my #1 choice at RB, and i think McElwain let be known that he is his #1 option too. I'd be happy with any combination of Scarlett, Cronkite, and Lewis, but I'd love to have all 3. I do think we have a legit shot at Scarlett (but the FSU final visit scares me), I think we get Cronkite, and Lewis seems to be completely up in the air (if we land CeCe, I think we become a finalist).

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n165067 said:
Just looked at Rivals team site to confirm....Jeebus they have four 5 star EE's....Something stinks up there for sure. I wonder who their new bag man is?

I'm not sold on Campbell. Heck of an athlete, but will he hold on the ball (if he can catch consistently) when a FS lights him up.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think Scarlett would get alot of carries as a freshman maybe even be the primary back

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
alcoholica;n165080 said:
I'm not sold on Campbell. Heck of an athlete, but will he hold on the ball (if he can catch consistently) when a FS lights him up.

I remember that being a knock on him at the summer camps. He is a great athlete though. I've never seen a school lock down that many 5star EE's though. Does anybody else remember any school doing that in the past?

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
t-gator;n165082 said:
I think Scarlett would get alot of carries as a freshman maybe even be the primary back

damn,, you think he bumps taylor and lane?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n165024 said:
Good article about Cowart with some alarming statements from his HS coach. (who is our DB coaches dad) Sounds like he could be another Dunlap.

“He never played for us like the way he played at Under Armour that one week, that’s for sure,” Callahan said. “But that’s just a maturity thing and you never give up on kids, so hopefully one day he will get it and he’ll play at that level all of the time, wherever he plays.

”There are two ways Callahan sees it. He can play on and off like he did for four years at Armwood, or he can play with the purpose and tenacity he showed during the week en route to being named MVP of the Under Armour All-American Game.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...0131-post.html

Well in reality none of them can play at that level all the time and the greats definitely took plays off but it sounds like he may have a motivation issue. If he could produce like Dunlap he would be a great pickup.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n165022 said:
Understated DC. Cowart will be the biggest gamechanger coming out this year on either side of the ball. I know we are in decent shape on defensive players but this guy will be a program changer wherever he ends up....He is that good.
Not if he's coached up by Muschamp!!! He will have a mediocre college career with a few highlight plays, be drafted about 6 or 7th round never make it, and be working at McDonald's in about 7 to 10 years if he goes with Muschamp anywhere else he's ok!!!

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n165083 said:
I remember that being a knock on him at the summer camps. He is a great athlete though. I've never seen a school lock down that many 5star EE's though. Does anybody else remember any school doing that in the past?

If you really want to know, I'd check out some of the USC classes. I don't feel like researching them, but I remember they had some ridiculous classes.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n165082 said:

I doubt it the first season. Taylor would probably be the guy. Lane is the one who may lose out if he signs with us.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
the problem freshmen playing right away. ball security! ask cook and chubb

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I'm not sure how I would interpret this given how few commits we have. We signed 24, 29, 22 in those previous classes. Another sign that we have to have a bunch of silent commits?

Justin Wells ‏@justinlwells 2m2 minutes ago
My unofficial tally has Florida bringing in a total of 42 visitors on official visits in this recruiting cycle. Previous three: 42, 39, 39.

WinterGarden Gator

Jan 15, 2015
GatorTAG;n165095 said:
I'm not sure how I would interpret this given how few commits we have. We signed 24, 29, 22 in those previous classes. Another sign that we have to have a bunch of silent commits?

My unofficial tally has Florida bringing in a total of 42 visitors on official visits in this recruiting cycle. Previous three: 42, 39, 39.

I like the way you research and think TAG.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n165095 said:

Do you think we end up with well over 20? I think we get about 22 myself.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Gator Fever;n165099 said:
Do you think we end up with well over 20? I think we get about 22 myself.
Well, we brought in the same amount of visiters each year and the low signing class was 22. So you could assume we'd sign at least that same amount right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.