Not open for further replies.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
BoomTown;n164917 said:
Going back to a point made earlier, WTH is up with Army? They had 71 commits last year. I thought it was some odd Service Academy thing since everyone is on scholarship, but Navy and Air Force look like normal mid-20s size classes. 217 recruits in the past 4 years!?!? How is that possible?

what's even crazier is they're signing that many players and can't seem to find one who could throw the ball more than 20 yards in the air

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n164898 said:
And before y'all rejoice in your "I told you so", we still have a ton of work to do.
We MUST have OL and LBs. We're on the right path.

Everything else is gravy. If we miss at those positions, we can fix it later.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n164914 said:
@onlygators: Fans may not be thrilled w/ star ratings of these guys, but in Zuniga & Johnson, #Gators have found some acorns - https://bit.ly/1HBjT8U
Who's complaining about star ratings at this point. I like who we got

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n164929 said:
Who's complaining about star ratings at this point. I like who we got

they may end up being projects, but who cares. at least we got them and have the opportunity to coach them up

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bama made some of those powerful OLs out of 3 stars. The 5 star OL might be faster, be able to dunk basketballs or whatever, but I'll be more than happy with a 3 star good-sized strong and especially smart kid. I don't care if they aren't 5 star athletes who are super fast. The last 5 star tackles we had all underachieved.

Johnson wears glasses and he committed to UF so he has to be smart.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n164931 said:
Bama made some of those powerful OLs out of 3 stars. The 5 star OL might be faster, be able to dunk basketballs or whatever, but I'll be more than happy with a 3 star good-sized strong and especially smart kid. I don't care if they aren't 5 star athletes who are super fast. The last 5 star tackles we had all underachieved.

Johnson wears glasses and he committed to UF so he has to be smart.
The last 5 star tackle couldn't block my grandma coming off the edge.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Nice weekend going for Gator Nation. Gymnastics with a win over the Dwags, best win of the season in hoops and some big uglies committing. :yes:

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If we add a few more between now and signing day and then land 5 or 6 of the dozen we're in on on NSD, we'll finish with 20+ in this class and be just fine. I'm hoping to hang on to Horton, of all of our OL commits, he may be the one who's ready to play right now.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n164930 said:
they may end up being projects, but who cares. at least we got them and have the opportunity to coach them up
Looking at his tape, he does look a bit raw and definitely needs his technique cleaned up. Several of his highlights are more about him using his size against a much smaller opponent than about great power or technique. However, I actually like that he's only got one year of varsity on his resume and has shown some skills. That hopefully means he doesn't have a bunch of nagging injuries and he's got huge upside with the right coaching. Great get IMHO.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
BoomTown;n164917 said:
Going back to a point made earlier, WTH is up with Army? They had 71 commits last year. I thought it was some odd Service Academy thing since everyone is on scholarship, but Navy and Air Force look like normal mid-20s size classes. 217 recruits in the past 4 years!?!? How is that possible?
The Army usually has more casualties than the other service branches? :dunno:

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n164935 said:
I know. what's up with that?
In fairness, T doesn't have a normal grandma by any stretch of the imagination.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BoomTown;n164938 said:
Looking at his tape, he does look a bit raw and definitely needs his technique cleaned up. Several of his highlights are more about him using his size against a much smaller opponent than about great power or technique. However, I actually like that he's only got one year of varsity on his resume and has shown some skills. That hopefully means he doesn't have a bunch of nagging injuries and he's got huge upside with the right coaching. Great get IMHO.

I think Zunyga (sp) may be a project DT, but if he's disruptive who cares about size

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
williston_gator;n164914 said:
@onlygators: Fans may not be thrilled w/ star ratings of these guys, but in Zuniga & Johnson, #Gators have found some acorns - https://bit.ly/1HBjT8U

JJ Watt was a 2 star recruit who originally went to Central Michigan. He transferred to WI and was a walkon. Things worked out OK for him. So fear not fellow Gators, the fault may be in the stars.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
MidwestChomp;n164947 said:
JJ Watt was a 2 star recruit who originally went to Central Michigan. He transferred to WI and was a walkon. Things worked out OK for him. So fear not fellow Gators, the fault may be in the stars.

Stars are all that matter. JJ Watt sucks.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
BoomTown;n164941 said:
In fairness, T doesn't have a normal grandma by any stretch of the imagination.
I thought everyone had a drunk grandma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.