Officially the pistol-whippin'-est Fulmer Cupdate ever

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Only putting this here as he was once a Gator, unfortunately....

OFFICIALLY THE PISTOL-WHIPPIN'-EST FULMER CUPDATE EVER

This is Trent Pupello three years ago when he entered the University of Florida as a well-regarded freshman tight end prospect. Golden locks, as-a if he had-a just descended from the-a snowcapped hills of Tyrolia! Glowing-a smile, as-a if his a-mama had just-a called the Trent Pupello, wishing him a-good luck at school, and a donn'a forget to washa the cracky parts of the body special hard! Ah, youth-a!

Almost reminiscent of a young Lisa Kudrow with a penis, really. Beauty incarnate, and a trouble-free type at Florida. Now, after the jump, please see what the city of Tampa does to a man.

Pupello broke away, got a handgun from his 2005 GMC Denali vehicle and ran back toward the crowd, firing in the air several times, police say.

He pistol-whipped three people, causing a bump to one, bruises and cuts to another and breaking the left orbital socket of a third person, police spokeswoman Laura McElroy said. Before he left the scene, he also tried swinging at another person but missed, McElroy said.

That's three pistol-whippings in quick order, all done so quickly it's hard to think the USF player--out for the season with a neck injury--didn't spend his rehab time watching Good Fellas for technique tips and practicing his pistolwhip form. Shooting in the air is really just extra vittles here, and further proof that when dealing with Tampans, it's best to skip the pleasantries and get right down to their preferred book of etiquette, the"Baghdad Guide to Etiquette and Traffic Safety."

Pupello faces five felony charges for this outrageous display of primate aggression. In addition, we're throwing on two points for PISTOL WHIPPING THREE PEOPLE IN FRONT OF A CROWD OF TERRIFIED WITNESSES, and for pistol-whipping someone in the first place. (You never hear of other weapon-specific misuse crimes like "sword-shooting," "club-stabbing," or "ax-poisoning." That is: not yet, since Florida does have to go to LSU this year.)

That is a total of seventeen points for USF, who is ineligible for first place right now because Pupello is the only person to incur points on the Bulls. This by rule is an Ellis T. Jones Award nominee pending future arrests for the Bulls, albeit as spectacular a single case as we've seen in a row. Remember, when someone in the 813 says they're going to their car to get their pistol, they mean it--unless they're too drunk to get back to their car at all, in which case they're going to pass out in the median and wake up in front of Mons Venus. Again.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
S
Only putting this here as he was once a Gator, unfortunately....

OFFICIALLY THE PISTOL-WHIPPIN'-EST FULMER CUPDATE EVER
Silly article mentions up front 'University of Florida' and I'm thinking this is :bsflag:as I don't know who this girly-boy is and never heard Ancient bring up his name when looking for the next great UF tight end. They even mention 'Florida' again in the next paragraph, before they start using USF the rest of way.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I could be wrong but I think this clown was at UF more like five years ago than three. He was here one year which was long enough to determine that he would never move up the depth chart.I think he is a UF legacy.
I guess saying three makes us look worse. I guess.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I could be wrong but I think this clown was at UF more like five years ago than three. He was here one year which was long enough to determine that he would never move up the depth chart.I think he is a UF legacy.
I guess saying three makes us look worse. I guess.
Well dang, you appear to be correct DGD, but more like 10 years ago.

From 247 - Pupello was recruited from Jefferson (Tampa, FL) class of 2006. He committed to Florida on 11/30/2005. He was recruited by Stan Drayton.
He was supposedly on the team through the 2006 season from what I gleaned from this: http://www.sptimes.com/2007/01/06/Hillsborough/Police_investigate_wh.shtml

Legacy - PERSONAL: Was born Nov. 10, 1987…Father, John Pupello, was an offensive lineman at UF from 1974-76…Nicknamed “Shockey” by his prep teammates at Jefferson High School…

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
So he starts out his college career looking like Caitlin Jenner, ends up looking like Matt Patchan, and Phil Fulmer likes to eat cupcakes?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Well to me the most interesting part of that story is, "Pupello broke away ..." So he broke away from what? If it was a gang of people trying to harm him and they going after him after he broke away, then everything after might be self defense and we have typical prosecutorial misconduct via over charging as is often the case particularly when a citizen uses a gun to protect themselves. If it was from his friends who were trying to keep him from hurting himself or others, then he is the fool the article is implying that he is. Typical in modern view point journalism, the author apparently sees not reason to describe the circumstances.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well to me the most interesting part of that story is, "Pupello broke away ..." So he broke away from what? If it was a gang of people trying to harm him and they going after him after he broke away, then everything after might be self defense and we have typical prosecutorial misconduct via over charging as is often the case particularly when a citizen uses a gun to protect themselves. If it was from his friends who were trying to keep him from hurting himself or others, then he is the fool the article is implying that he is. Typical in modern view point journalism, the author apparently sees not reason to describe the circumstances.
IDK Insti - the dude specifically went to go get his gun and came back, at least that's how I interpreted it - in my mind that's not self-defense. But if he was actually being pursued by the 'gang' then you would be right. You're also right in that there's not enough info given to figure out what actually happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator