Offseason arrest bug strikes again: Brian Edwards arrested

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
So now we're going to start throwing people off the team that commit misdemeanors?

I do think all the facts should come out and be confirmed before making an official decision. People can lie so there could be a hole here. But if true, yes, especially in today's climate, you can't have that. And as was pointed out, it's just really not that hard to not hit a girl.

I also wonder at what point we start looking at the overall picture and begin asking ourselves why so many of these kids have zero respect for women. Rather than simply kicking someone to the curb, it would be logical to start exploring the nature of the problem, because it's happening way too much.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
So now we're going to start throwing people off the team that commit misdemeanors?

Gotta agree with OX on this one...Misdemeanor?

Geez, y'all are rough...Do you know the facts?...Half of what has been posted is all speculation.

I do not condone violence toward women but we have also had players arrested for throwing burgers at people and barking at Police Canine Units.

I’ll say this again, the NCAA has made it nearly impossible to control this stuff. No more Athletic Dorms with Bed checks, Athletes living with Significant others, and Coaches needing to be “Hands Off” in the Off Season.

I’m old school…If I were Coach/Judge… This young man would make restitution to the woman, apologize to the team and run gassers or passing routes until he puked…He might even work a few weekends at a batter women shelter.

If you are willing to throw all these kids away (for Misdemeanors)...How in #$%^ do you reach them? And what happens in the NFL or work place?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Geez, y'all are rough...Do you know the facts?...Half of what has been posted is all speculation.

I do not condone violence toward women but we have also had players arrested for throwing burgers at people and barking at Police Canine Units.

I’ll say this again, the NCAA has made it nearly impossible to control this stuff. No more Athletic Dorms with Bed checks, Athletes living with Significant others, and Coaches needing to be “Hands Off” in the Off Season.

I’m old school…If I were Coach/Judge… This young man would make restitution to the woman, apologize to the team and run gassers or passing routes until he puked…He might even work a few weekends at a batter women shelter.

If you are willing to throw all these kids away (for Misdemeanors)...How in #$%^ do you reach them? And what happens in the NFL?

They sign with the Chiefs, Bengals or Redskins?

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Not familiar with the burger incident, but with regards to the other one it was my understanding that the dog started it.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not familiar with the burger incident, but with regards to the other one it was my understanding that the dog started it.
There wasn’t a burger incident but there was a throwing of tacos that led to an arrest.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There wasn’t a burger incident but there was a throwing of tacos that led to an arrest.

I believe it was a football player (maybe cunningham) that threw a jimmy johns sammich...the taco incident was a basketball player and I think he just stole the $2 taco and tried running away

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

If you are willing to throw all these kids away (for Misdemeanors)...How in #$%^ do you reach them? And what happens in the NFL or work place?

I want him gone because I want his scholarship open for next year's class. He was among the several that "we" (in a thread) speculated could possibly transfer out after spring. And being unable to unseat Chris McWilliams says he should probably go. We have 4 true freshman CB's on the team this fall, his presence hampers their development by taking reps (in practice or a game). If we want to win like Alabama we need to start processing the dead weight. Long before he grabbed his girlfriend by the neck and got himself arrested many of us wanted him gone. No ill will, but "thanks for giving it your best, you should look elsewhere for playing time..."

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I believe it was a football player (maybe cunningham) that threw a jimmy johns sammich...the taco incident was a basketball player and I think he just stole the $2 taco and tried running away

JERMAINE CUNNINGHAM

Charge: Misdemeanor battery in December 2007 for an altercation with a clerk at Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwich Shop in Gainesville. Cunningham allegedly threw paper cups at the clerk.

Outcome: Charges were dropped.

I remembered it as a Burger and Fries…I was wrong BUT really, throwing paper cups?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not taking sides in this matter but I think everyone should wait for the facts before ruining someones life... the so called "victim" didn't even call the police. The evidence: some marks on her neck and a scratch.... if that's evidence of a beating, my dog is going to jail!

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
It's likely a self inflicted exit. He'll be a legend, bigger than life in the FCS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator