Ohio State trademarks the word "The"

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Ohio State University has won its fight to trademark the word “The.”

The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office approved the university’s request Tuesday. The school says it allows Ohio State to control use of “The” on branded products associated with and sold through athletics and collegiate channels, such as T-shirts, baseball caps and hats.

As a lawyer, I'm not sure how on earth this got approved, or how it'll survive a legal challenge from anyone else (most state universities have "The" in their title/branding and a massive class action challenging the decision would be...amusing).

Also, this band & website might just be phucked...

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Needs more highlights, but still amusing. Heard so many stories about posu fans at the game. I was living in Cleveland at the time, so I heard plenty of crap until I walked into the office that beautiful Tuesday morning. They deserved every sack and TD we handed them.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
They were as soft as baby **** and they don't realize how obnoxious they are with that "THE" ohio state university. I mean, exactly how many ohio state universities are there?

I am going to petition @oxrageous to change my handle to "The Bushmaster". I actually earned that one.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
While they’re at it they might as well trademark “The 82 yards of offense”, or “The Overrated”

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Breaking news...Wiltfong just CB 'The' to da U. Ruiz just liquidated his remaining million to make it happen.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
If The The, who has been around a while, has never tried to or considered trademarking The then the Bucknuts shouldn't be able to win that. It's ludicrous.

However they should be able to trademark Bucknuts. And Troy Smith probably still wakes up in cold sweat at night.

They should copyright this image instead.

ginnFoot.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator