OSU crushes Michigan like bugs, ending playoff hopes

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This is a joke, right? OSU stomps a mediocre Meatchikin and you think Saban is now worried? Go pop in the PSU, Nebraska, Purdue and Maryland tapes and let me know what would keep Saban up at night in regards to OSU.

Last time was four years ago and Jones was hardly a walk-on; he was a 3* recruit and a redshirt soph when he came in against Wisconsin in the Big 10 champ game. That being said, the success of that OSU team was predicated on Zeke Elliott who was an absolute beast and accounted for over 230 yards and two touchdowns. Plus, Urban still had an edge (which I think is long gone) and a much better staff in 2014.

Tua will absolutely shred OSU's defense, especially without Bosa. It would be in OSU's best interest to beat NW, but get left out of the playoff at #5. Otherwise, they will get embarrassed by Saban and Urban's brain will explode on the sideline.
Oh, so now playoff-bound Michigan was "mediocre"? Such jilt.

Would Bama be able to stop OSU's offense? I have my doubts. It would be a shootout.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Saban is praying it doesn't happen. Meyer beat his defense with a walk-on QB last time.
:what2:

He was a four star, and one of the top QBs in the country. He happened to be third string, but he was no damn walkon. You can talk shyt about Creyer for many things, but recruiting isn't one of them. He has players stacked up 5 deep at almost every position.

Edit:
Cardale Jones, 2012 Pro-style quarterback - Rivals.com

OK, I guess three star. But the number 12 QB in the country.

Given that we have number 400-600 playing on our team at OL, LB, and safety, I'd say we d be pretty damn happy with #12 at almost any position.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:what2:

He was a four star, and one of the top QBs in the country. He happened to be third string, but he was no damn walkon.
Cardele was a three-star recruit out of Glenville High, coached by Ted Ginn, Sr. Dude had a strange throwing motion.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, so now playoff-bound Michigan was "mediocre"? Such jilt.

Would Bama be able to stop OSU's offense? I have my doubts. It would be a shootout.
Mediocre is pretty good for one of Crete's teams. They are usually dead last in the division.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Go look at Michigan’s schedule and get back to me. It’s garbage, absolute garbage. Their #4 ranking was completely fabricated thanks to ESPNs chub for the Big 10. Not sure how this translates to jilt and for the record, I had many glorious, drunken nights thanks to the coaching prowess of Urban Meyer when he was at UF. I appreciate everything he did for this university, but now that he’s gone and the way things have unfolded over the years, my respect for him is gone.
Not arguing your respect, I simply think OSU's offense could give Bama a game. I'd love to see it.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not arguing your respect, I simply think OSU's offense could give Bama a game. I'd love to see it.
They just hung 62 on the nation's top-ranked defense. Probably not a stretch to imagine them competing with Bama on that side of the ball.

leogator

May 5, 2018
While they maybe able to hang a few points on Bama, OSU defense does not stand a chance against Alabama's offense. If they meet at the CFP, I predict a 52-31 score.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
So who has the slightest chance of beating Bama this year? I don't see Clemson or ND beating them. I don't see Oklahoma beating them either. The leghumpers will get their chance in the SECC game, and I wouldn't be surprised if Bama blows them out.
Maybe ugly keeps it close, but I think a loss would keep them out of the playoffs.
If ugly can get the win, and OSU, Clemson, and Oklahoma win out, then the final four will be decided, because ND will get the nod over Oklahoma.
So in that scenario it would be ugly, Bama, ND and Clemson.
But if Bama beats ugly (which I think they will) then it will be Bama, Clemson. ND, and OSU.
In that scenario, I can see it playing out with OSU and Bama playing for the title, because I don't think Clemson can beat Bama or ND beating OSU.
And if Texas can pull off the upset against Oklahoma, we might find ourselves in a rematch with ugly.
Stranger things have happened, and we would most likely end up playing Meatchicken, but I would love for another shot at ugly.
However it plays out, I still think that OSU has the best shot at beating Bama, and a chance for us to beat ugly would be huge for recruiting.

Zodiac

Jul 19, 2016
Go look at Michigan’s schedule and get back to me. It’s garbage, absolute garbage. Their #4 ranking was completely fabricated thanks to ESPNs chub for the Big 10. Not sure how this translates to jilt and for the record, I had many glorious, drunken nights thanks to the coaching prowess of Urban Meyer when he was at UF. I appreciate everything he did for this university, but now that he’s gone and the way things have unfolded over the years, my respect for him is gone.
I thought Michigan's schedule was pretty garbage too. Then I compared it to Alabama's, and now it looks like murderers row.

The Tide haven't played anybody with a pulse and Saban knows it. No one was rooting harder for Michigan yesterday. Yes, he's praying desperately he doesn't have to deal with Urban Meyer in the playoffs again. Or Clemson for that matter.

The only chub ESPN sucks is Bama's. Twice they weren't even good enough to win their own division and they still gave them enough hype to brainwash voters into giving them a chance to play for a championship.

We could be in for another deep throat repeat this year. Georgia (the only good team they'll play) could beat them and I bet they'll still push for Bama to make the playoffs. In fact, I guarantee it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I thought Michigan's schedule was pretty garbage too. Then I compared it to Alabama's, and now it looks like murderers row.

The Tide haven't played anybody with a pulse and Saban knows it. No one was rooting harder for Michigan yesterday. Yes, he's praying desperately he doesn't have to deal with Urban Meyer in the playoffs again. Or Clemson for that matter.

The only chub ESPN sucks is Bama's. Twice they weren't even good enough to win their own division and they still gave them enough hype to brainwash voters into giving them a chance to play for a championship.

We could be in for another deep throat repeat this year. Georgia (the only good team they'll play) could beat them and I bet they'll still push for Bama to make the playoffs. In fact, I guarantee it.
This guy is an underrated poster.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
And yet Bama found a way to take care of business. Meatchikin has two losses and OSU managed to get their asses kicked by Purdue and struggled to put away Nebraska and MD.

Sure, Bama has had a fairly easy road this season as well, but I wouldn't consider shutting out LSU in Death Valley a cake walk. Agreed that Saban isn't looking particularly forward to the prospects of potentially facing Clemson again.

The only chub ESPN sucks is Bama's. Twice they weren't even good enough to win their own division and they still gave them enough hype to brainwash voters into giving them a chance to play for a championship
Rightly so, as Bama has won five out the last nine national championships including last year after they were left out of the SEC champ game, as you mentioned.

Bama should still absolutely be in the playoffs if they lose to Georgia. Georgia is a damn good team and if I'm a part of the playoff committee and comparing Bama's body of work against OSU's, I'd select Bama any day.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bammer discovering offensive football is fairly frightening.

We all need to pray for a heart attack or something. Saban can't last forever.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Capital still upset about Meyer leaving him at the altar. :lol:
You have anything else to contribute to the subject other than jitled and left at the alter? I couldn't care less that Urban left Florida and as I've gotten older and especially now that I have a daughter, my perception on Urban as a person has completely changed. His protection and continued enablement of Smith to abuse his wife without consequences is cowardly at best and frankly, I think Urban is a complete piece of schit.

From a football perspective, it's not a Mich or OSU thing, I think the Big Ten sucks in general and OU belongs in the playoff over OSU assuming they beat UT next weekend.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
You have anything else to contribute to the subject other than jitled and left at the alter? I couldn't care less that Urban left Florida and as I've gotten older and especially now that I have a daughter, my perception on Urban as a person has completely changed. His protection and continued enablement of Smith to abuse his wife without consequences is cowardly at best and frankly, I think Urban is a complete piece of schit.
:burn:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So you put down my observations and then proceed to prove exactly what I was saying. You hate Meyer personally which plays into your bias about OSU’s abilities under his leadership. It’s the same with Crete. He knows damn well Meyer is a great coach but hates him so much that he won’t allow himself to be objective about the football games.

OSU can absolutely beat Bama and I hope they get a shot.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
You’ve embarrassed yourself more in this thread than anyone since Sonoma’s legendary breakdown. He didn’t pull through.....will you?
You seem to take this subject almost too seriously.....Look I wasn't the one who made Meyer quit, I'm just a guy who absolutely hates OSU and seeing Meyers true character come through just makes it that much easier to root against the both of them....

BTW, I doubt anyone posting in this thread has gotten as many laughs out of it as I have in the last day or so. I certainly would have thought you would know that by now I love to F with people even more than I like to talk about sports....

Zodiac

Jul 19, 2016
If you can't win your conference or even your own division then you don't belong in a 4 team playoff. It doesn't matter who we think are the 4 best teams. It only matters what you did on the field.

Subjective judging criteria is for gymnastics and diving competitions, not real sports like football. Objective results on the field are all that should matter. And it usually does except if you're Alabama. If you're Alabama you apparently don't have to accomplish anything during the season and the judges will still crown you with a playoff spot. "Well their season was an utter failure, but they sure looked dominant doing it. Go ahead and give'em a shot anyway".

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
If you can't win your conference or even your own division then you don't belong in a 4 team playoff. It doesn't matter who we think are the 4 best teams. It only matters what you did on the field.

Subjective judging criteria is for gymnastics and diving competitions, not real sports like football. Objective results on the field are all that should matter. And it usually does except if you're Alabama. If you're Alabama you apparently don't have to accomplish anything during the season and the judges will still crown you with a playoff spot. "Well their season was an utter failure, but they sure looked dominant doing it. Go ahead and give'em a shot anyway".
There always should be somekind of subjective overview....if not then UF doesn't have 2 of it's 3 NC's. Are you really trying to argue that Bama wasn't the best team in the country last year? The only way around it would be to make teams play best 2 out of 3 or something which isn't part of the game of CFB....too bad though because we all know Michigan would beat the snot out of OSU the other 2 times they played this year....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator