OSU Saga: Meyer suspended for 3 games

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This modern job requirement that you report gossip is pretty strange to me.
This is the norm in the work world. You are required to report suspected wrongdoing and security lapses or incidents at most employers.

Ever held a job?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
This is the norm in the work world. You are required to report suspected wrongdoing and security lapses or incidents at most employers.

If you had ever been a lawyer, then you would know that suspected requires you to believe the wrong doing. Additionally as someone pointed out to you, this is suspected wrong doing outside the office.

Perhaps, I should go to personnel tomorrow and report that I suspect there is drug use going on in my town. I suspect there is and so perhaps under the Donkey standard I should every day go into personnel and formally file my suspicions? I wonder how many days that would go on before they tired of me?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If you had ever been a lawyer, then you would know that suspected requires you to believe the wrong doing.
No it doesn't. It isn't your job to investigate. It is your job to forward it to the investigators.

Does everyone in the town work at the some place as you.

I'd have you fired too, assuming you could ever land a job.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It’s threads like this the put a huge spotlight on people I hope I never, ever, ever meet. Good god.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Did he suspend him back in 09 when this happened here? Did he try and get him and his wife in some type of counseling?? or was it just swept under the rug like every other incident he is involved in? Most employers offer some type of mental health benefit or family counseling benefit for situations just like this. Did he not go? Did it not set? My point is, if Meyer is the CEO of the program, and he was wanting to mentor him, then why is there not a paper trail of family counseling sessions, mental health visits, etc?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Leyer has an obligation to minimize his employer's exposure to litigation. He has the obligation to report it and let the appropriate people investigate if appropriate.
Ok, so he didn’t report rumors that one of the guys that works for him may or may not have tuned his wife up a few times. That’s grounds to fire someone? I say BS.
What I want to know is if this went on for over a decade and the police were called more than once, then why was he never arrested? I mean, she had pictures, right? If she had visible injuries, then doesn’t any PD automatically haul the guys ass to jail? THAT’S the bigger problem IMO.
Lastly, why didn’t her parents or friends intervene? Why did she stay with a guy that routinely beats her ass and cheats on her. It just doesn’t add up IMO.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
What I want to know is if this went on for over a decade and the police were called more than once, then why was he never arrested? I mean, she had pictures, right? If she had visible injuries, then doesn’t any PD automatically haul the guys ass to jail? THAT’S the bigger problem IMO.
Lastly, why didn’t her parents or friends intervene? Why did she stay with a guy that routinely beats her ass and cheats on her. It just doesn’t add up IMO.

How dare you. This is modern America. You are not allowed to think. There is only one view allowed. You must follow the Donkey PC path or some snowflakes will never want to meet you.

The idea that others ALWAYS know for sure when the police can not make a case is preposterous. Some of this is due police and prosecutors being mad they can not make everything go exactly the way they want it. Some of it is the movement to try to make crimes committed against Democrats more serious than crimes committed against any others.

The US Constitution probably stops them from out and out saying that so they just call such things hate crimes. After all everyone but are haters. So they enhance penalties etc based on the percentage of a group that votes Democrat on average.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
How dare you. This is modern America. You are not allowed to think. There is only one view allowed. You must follow the Donkey PC path or some snowflakes will never want to meet you.

The idea that others ALWAYS know for sure when the police can not make a case is preposterous. Some of this is due police and prosecutors being mad they can not make everything go exactly the way they want it. Some of it is the movement to try to make crimes committed against Democrats more serious than crimes committed against any others.

The US Constitution probably stops them from out and out saying that so they just call such things hate crimes. After all everyone but are haters. So they enhance penalties etc based on the percentage of a group that votes Democrat on average.
:what2:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

This is a political post in the sports forum. Please refrain from making such posts in the future. Thank you for your cooperation.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know all the facts but I feel strongly that Meyer based his actions on what he thought was best for the football team. He showed no compassion or concern for the victim. His statements and Body English just prove to me that he is a piece of Chit!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know all the facts but I feel strongly that Meyer based his actions on what he thought was best for the football team. He showed no compassion or concern for the victim. His statements and Body English just prove to me that he is a piece of Chit!
I’m sure his team and therefore himself were his only concern. That said, I’m sure he was advised by counsel not to address the victim in a manner that could result in a lawsuit...like an apology any wrong doing.

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
I’m sure his team and therefore himself were his only concern. That said, I’m sure he was advised by counsel not to address the victim in a manner that could result in a lawsuit...like an apology any wrong doing.
Saying, in effect, “I’m sorry I got caught” was hardly a PR coup.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Urban Meyer joins Hillary Clinton in the Drive Wipe Hall of Fame.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Instigator is either a troll or an absolutely despicable human being for even thinking for a moment that victims of abuse are responsible for their situation.

Absolutely nauseating posts throughout this thread.

Whether Meyer did anything wrong or not is one thing – but this idea that victims of abuse are responsible for their own abuse is putrid at its core.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Look, I just don’t think it’s my responsibility to be the savior for one of my employees spouse. She shoulda dumped his ass years ago but she chose to stay with him. Urbs is supposed to intervene because she chose to stay with that dude?

Anywhere else people would claim they love Darwinism, but this is taboo. That fact is that once he got arrested, he got fired. She could have ended this a decade ago. If it’s true, and probable that it is, I really feel bad for her. Not only did she get beaten, but the lack of self respect must be incredible. Least she could’ve done is shot him.

WRONG WRONG WRONG
He isn't supposed to investigate anything. He is supposed to report it to the appropriate people, compliance and/or some internal affairs/personnel office.

He knows it and he didn't want to do it because "his heart" said not to because he didn't want to harm his coach (or his chance of winning football games).

Maybe I misheard, but was it reported that the AD informed Urban? If so, who is he supposed to report it to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.