Other than retirement, the most controversial off-the-field choice Spurrier made as our coach?

DocZaius

Founding Member
Return to Monke
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty sure the NCAA investigated the Tank Black situation and said UF was a "model of compliance" with NCAA rules.

As for Spurrier's shortcomings, punting on 3rd down comes to mind. The man could be stubborn in the heat of the moment, but to his credit he was open to changing the way he did things when he had time to study and reflect.

g8orbill

OldGator
Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2018
for me it would only be his leaving

for the media it will be accusing boobsy of teaching his guys to hit to the echo of the whistle

in todays game half assed u would have had atleast 7 more PF's called in the 96 game in taliban city

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Spurrier never made a mistake and you can’t convince me otherwise.
This ^ but his one fault was believing even he could make all gator fans happy. He stuck the bar in the stratosphere and then
when he missed the bandwagoneers would show their azzz.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
for me it would only be his leaving

for the media it will be accusing boobsy of teaching his guys to hit to the echo of the whistle

in todays game half assed u would have had atleast 7 more PF's called in the 96 game in taliban city

In today’s rules, some of those defensive players would’ve likely been kicked out of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator