Other Week 1 games

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
What kind of bullshyt home cooking officiating is FSU benefitting from? That should have been a 15 yard roughing the kicker. They called that a 5 yard running into the kicker? The fix is in.

Horrible call. If that wasn’t roughing, what is?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Why wasn’t that intentional grounding? He wasn’t out of the pocket and he just heaved it out of bounds under immense & imminent pressure? The refs suck in this game.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Why wasn’t that intentional grounding? He wasn’t out of the pocket and he just heaved it out of bounds under immense & imminent pressure? The refs suck in this game.

It was clearly a fumble. Leak in 2006 was
10x a forward pass. At the end of the day, if there’s encouraging news it’s that Norvell effectively iced his own kicker. The challenge is fine. But letting him actually go through with it, knowing he’d either have to do that distance again or another kick altogether, is seriously amateur hour.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

I think he was probably in the tackle box.

Thrilled for Milton. F$U is tougher than I expected. Not sure why ND kept going to 3 DL when 4 were crushing the Nole offense.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
10x a forward pass. At the end of the day, if there’s encouraging news it’s that Norvell effectively iced his own kicker. The challenge is fine. But letting him actually go through with it, knowing he’d either have to do that distance again or another kick altogether, is seriously amateur hour.
So if it was a forward pass, would it be intentional grounding?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
So if it was a forward pass, would it be intentional grounding?

Yeah I guess there’s an argument there as well. Just not sure you can overturn a call while turning it into a penalty. May be wrong. In any event, don’t let the kid kick.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I think he was probably in the tackle box.

Thrilled for Milton. F$U is tougher than I expected. Not sure why ND kept going to 3 DL when 4 were crushing the Nole offense.

giphy.gif

Also, let’s not get nuts here. He helped finish one TD drive that was started by Travis, who was playing well, and then drove for a FG. That’s it. Not saying he isn’t a good player, but the other kid had ND on their heels and Milton just didn’t blow it.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

I was referring to a different play, where he had to scramble for the bad snap and chuck the ball out of bounds.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I was referring to a different play, where he had to scramble for the bad snap and chuck the ball out of bounds.

You know, I didn’t even think about that. Other than the love affair with him that was in progress, how exactly was that not IG?

Great point. That may have changed everything, Norvell could’ve just iced his own kicker in regulation, and I may be asleep right now.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Yeah I guess there’s an argument there as well. Just not sure you can overturn a call while turning it into a penalty. May be wrong. In any event, don’t let the kid kick.

Why not? The bastards do it with "targeting" all the damn time.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
giphy.gif

Also, let’s not get nuts here. He helped finish one TD drive that was started by Travis, who was playing well, and then drove for a FG. That’s it. Not saying he isn’t a good player, but the other kid had ND on their heels and Milton just didn’t blow it.

After the first 5 minutes I thought ND would blow them out. Travis did play really well despite the porous OL and 3 INTs.

Milton played really well too. That’s amazing given his horrific injury. He was a terrific player at UCF and looked like his former self. He’s a great kid, super talented and has a sharp football mind. But he’s undersized, a Doug Flutie type.

It will be interesting to see what they do next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator