Other Week 1 games

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
After the first 5 minutes I thought ND would blow them out. Travis did play really well despite the porous OL and 3 INTs.

Milton played really well too. That’s amazing given his horrific injury. He was a terrific player at UCF and looked like his former self. He’s a great kid, super talented and has a sharp football mind. But he’s undersized, a Doug Flutie type.

It will be interesting to see what they do next.
Theo, you have said something complimentary about a Hole. Although correct, it is still inappropriate in mixed company.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Dan should follow George Costanza's strategy and always do the opposite of his instincts. Another fail on display tonight in Corral v. EJ.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
What's you're definition of soon?

Well you referenced the Costanza "do the opposite" episode. I was just modifying the line he used with the woman at the bar once he put that philosophy into practice.

But if we're looking for a real timeline, I think @ltraz is dead on. Unless Saturday was just a case of really bad offseason rust, we are staring at a very difficult year. As several of us have said, you can't just bumble your way through a season at UF. If we're not getting the talent from our state, then not only are we falling behind, we're likely losing it to uga, fsu, miami, and eventually even Lsu and ut, all teams we have to go through. Throw in a decent year from someone like Mizz and Usce which would pose a threat, and we're in the 7-8 win range very easily, and very quickly. And as he said in his last line, similar to his predecessors, he doesn't have a signature quality that you have to have at these big time, demanding programs--thick skin. We go 8-4 this year and he will meltdown in every interview, making next year a likely make or break season.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
i agree, ole miss offense doesnt look as high flying as last year, but it doesnt need to. their defense played extremely agressive and was lights out. insane change from their last game to this one. wouldnt it be nice to see that in gainesville? good thing we played them last year, theyd beat us handidly this go around.

i think you have to see fsu as a potential loss now as well. dont give me the 'well, ND was just way overrated' routine. maybe they were but we aint better than all but 12 teams in the country either. there's not a soul on this board that watched both games and came away feeling good about our potential. We watched our game and came away frustrated and concerned, then watched fsu play the #9 ranked team to OT, and while happy they lost, also felt more frustrated and concerned. That concern is because we know they are climbing under a new coach, and we are doing the opposite under a 4 year incumbent.

Im guessing by end of season FSU is going to be a very good team. Unless we give the reigns to AR, we dont even have a chance at saying the same. Mullen is not the answer and needs to be shown the door.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I felt the same way. It is a sickening feeling. It is amazing it is even a possibility after wiLLLLLLLLLie. What a squandered chance to pull away and dominate for a decade.

Instead, we get the Mushchump/ McElstain / Mullinnz clownshow.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
their defense played extremely agressive and was lights out. insane change from their last game to this one. wouldnt it be nice to see that in gainseville?.
Yeah but DJ Durkin is white and a black kid died of purple drank dehydration about three months into the period when the coaches can have no contact with the players.

Therefore RACIST!!!!!

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Ole Miss can be improved but still end up with the same record as last year. One interesting match up later in the season will be when Hugh Freeze brings his Liberty Flames into Oxford. If Brother Freeze can pull off a win then the Ole Miss faithful will be singing “It’s the same old song but with a different feeling since you’ve been gone” instead of “Praise the Lord I saw the light”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator