OU hires Brent Venables

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Still hoping Heupel gets it.

You and me both. Had dinner last night with a friend relatively in the "know" at UT. He told me that at this point Heupel is out of the mix and wasn't seriously considered at OU. Too much bad blood left over from Stoops. He said as long as Stoops is involved Heupel will not be there. He did say once OU calls (Stoops gone) in the future....He'll be at OU.

I see OU spiraling down for a while.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You and me both. Had dinner last night with a friend relatively in the "know" at UT. He told me that at this point Heupel is out of the mix and wasn't seriously considered at OU. Too much bad blood left over from Stoops. He said as long as Stoops is involved Heupel will not be there. He did say once OU calls (Stoops gone) in the future....He'll be at OU.

I see OU spiraling down for a while.

What happened between Stoops and Heupel? He seems like a natural fit to replace Riley.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What happened between Stoops and Heupel? He seems like a natural fit to replace Riley.

Definitely a good fit. Just that in 2015 Stoops decided not to renew his contract when he was the OC after getting blown out in a Bowl game to Climpson. UT folks were being told not to panic that he would not be leaving. Stoops still in the middle of OU, and him being the interim/bowl coach.

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
Definitely a good fit. Just that in 2015 Stoops decided not to renew his contract when he was the OC after getting blown out in a Bowl game to Climpson. UT folks were being told not to panic that he would not be leaving. Stoops still in the middle of OU, and him being the interim/bowl coach.
Inbreeding never seems to work...JMHO...

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@BruceFeldmanCFB: SOURCE: OU brass is en route to Clemson and working to finalize a deal to make Tigers DC Brent Venables the next head coach at Oklahoma.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@espn: The Sooners got their guy ‼️

Clemson DC Brent Venables is Oklahoma's new head football coach.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@ClowESPN: Similar to what Bob Stoops did in his first season at @OU_Football when he brought in a cutting-edge offensive coordinator in Mike Leach, Brent Venables is following a similar model with his plans to bring in Jeff Lebby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.