Our stadium is looking like Neyland

BassinGator

Nov 17, 2015
Saw the same empty seats, also doesn't seem that the crowd stays into the game seems to get quiet, no energy.
You would think after a decade of being mediocre the crowd would be a little more pumped up for the entire game. Just Sayin.

Hurrig8r

Nov 18, 2017
You are right. They don’t stay. They aren’t engaged. Welcome to the world we live in. Most are staring at their Twitter page awaiting likes and social acceptance of their kissy fish face photo they were taking, while blocking my view of the touchdown they missed takin said kissy fish faced selfie. There is the problem everywhere not just at bhg stadium.

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
You are right. They don’t stay. They aren’t engaged. Welcome to the world we live in. Most are staring at their Twitter page awaiting likes and social acceptance of their kissy fish face photo they were taking, while blocking my view of the touchdown they missed takin said kissy fish faced selfie. There is the problem everywhere not just at bhg stadium.

I’d like this post but I’m too busy taking a selfie! :goon:

marshton

Sep 22, 2018
Saw the same empty seats, also doesn't seem that the crowd stays into the game seems to get quiet, no energy.
You would think after a decade of being mediocre the crowd would be a little more pumped up for the entire game. Just Sayin.

I was thinking about that as I watched the Pitt/UCF game. Those Pitt students were COMPLETELY into the game the entire time.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

It’s weird but we almost need adversity to come alive. Games Iike LSU last year were great all game, but it’s because there was no slack in the action or intensity.

I’ll be honest though. As much as we mock the students for their not showing up, I continue to be amazed at the alum that insist on leaving in the 3rd because of “traffic” and other stupid reasons. It’s really ridiculous.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018

It's a noon game...
Even during the Tebow years, the energy for noon games was flat.

Hurrig8r

Nov 18, 2017
It’s weird but we almost need adversity to come alive. Games Iike LSU last year were great all game, but it’s because there was no slack in the action or intensity.

I’ll be honest though. As much as we mock the students for their not showing up, I continue to be amazed at the alum that insist on leaving in the 3rd because of “traffic” and other stupid reasons. It’s really ridiculous.
Guilty as charged. My excuse is I live in Tampa Bay Area Andy I wanted to sit out back by my pool bar on a beautiful day and watch more great college football. I stay if it’s close, in my defense

Hurrig8r

Nov 18, 2017
Guilty as charged. My excuse is I live in Tampa Bay Area Andy I wanted to sit out back by my pool bar on a beautiful day and watch more great college football. I stay if it’s close, in my defense
Additionally, I commit to driving 2 1/2 hours both ways....I’m asking them to cross university avenue. 10 min walk.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
On VolNation message board there is a thread "What’s up with those empty seats at BHG stadium?"

A Vol said it was due to the noon kick-off and a lame opponent. :lol2:

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
On VolNation message board there is a thread "What up with those empty seats at BHG stadium?"

A Vol said it was due to the noon kick-off and a lame opponent. :lol2:
The voles like to think they’re a rival, but Vandy and Kentucky have passed them in the SECE pecking order.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Additionally, I commit to driving 2 1/2 hours both ways....I’m asking them to cross university avenue. 10 min walk.

I get it. PBC here. It’s tough and there are exceptions.

At least you’re not one of those guys who quotes your own posts. That’s the worst and something we should never tolerate.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We stayed until the end, had a couple of beers at our car while some of the traffic cleared out, stopped for food in Ocala, and still made it back to Tampa before dark.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Noon games are tough. I think if the offense keeps clicking the stadium will fill up.
In 85, they pretty much were all noon type games. Hell, that was before TV though.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
I was thinking about that as I watched the Pitt/UCF game. Those Pitt students were COMPLETELY into the game the entire time.
They also give a bunch of tix away to the local high schools. Downtown Pittsburgh is a great place (riverfront) to spend a fall Saturday afternoon.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Mrs. G and I are going to BHG next Saturday night and we promise to stay until the final gun, unless it’s raining or runs past our bed time.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It was the same crowd we've had for several years now. Big spots of empty seats in the Sunshine Seats, student sections, and visitor sections.

Go easy on those non-attending student bodies -- I know it's a viralry game, but there's that strain of Asian flu going round.

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
Why should students show for a game when the AD wont invest in the arms race? Why should alums stay when we cant even get top 5 recruiting classes? Why should there be energy in the stadium if we know our coach wont last if he doesn't change?

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Why should students show for a game when the AD wont invest in the arms race? Why should alums stay when we cant even get top 5 recruiting classes? Why should there be energy in the stadium if we know our coach wont last if he doesn't change?
How about some good beer and scotch? Better wi-fi, better food and trash the freakin benches already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.